Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUNE 2009 Lap Band Surgery

Well I finally did some preparation. I spent the morning making a big batch of Soup . I made leek and potato with chickpeas,cauliflower plus chickpeas and Tomato , lentil and carrot.

I wouldn't mormally have put chickpeas in but on my list of foods it is suggested that legumes be added - I am sure that is for the Protein.

Those of you who have been for your final preop app what does it involve? I have mine tomorrow and although I am sure mine will be different as I am in Aus I am still curious?

Now I just wish it was over and done with already. The waiting is killing me and I seem to waste most of my time reading the threads on the board. Probably not such a good idea!

Op 2 June 5.30pm. Not sure what the time difference is so I might actually be 1 June.

Only 5 more sleeps!

Mine will be the AP Lapband. I hear you about the waiting June 2nd as well although I do not know what time. They said they will call me the night before to let me know. Seems like they could plan a bit better and let you know before then so you can situate rides and such but oh well. So are most of you going home the same day or staying over night in the hospital?

I am having the Realize Band. My doc lets the patient choose so I just flipped a coin for it because I couldn't decide on my own. I have to stay the night in the hospital (as a 23 hour observation patient) only because I have sleep apnea and my physician requires you stay if you have apnea. I haven't done much preparation at my house because I am staying at my mom's for 5 days post-op. My apartment is on the 2nd floor so I figured it would be easier to stay at her house since she only has 1 step to get in her front door. What kind of clothes are y'all taking to wear at the hospital? I am not really a pajama kinda girl so I thought about going to the mall this weekend to buy something. I'm up for any suggestions, anything has to be better than they giant bariatric gown I got put in during my EGD. You could have fit two of me in it, lol :crying:

I forgot to mention, after figuring out the Atkin's meal shakes were pretty nasty I switched to sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast. I make it with light vanilla soy milk & I toss in some frozen bananas and a scoop of Beneprotein and blend it all together in my blender. Makes it seem more like a milkshake than a Meal Replacement shake and the vanilla soymilk seems to make the chocolate powder taste even better.

I'd love any ideas for savory foods to eat while on liquids. I made cream of potato and cream of spinach Soup but its only day 4 and I'm burned out on soup and cottage cheese. Any other suggestions?

Mimmosa, I have sleep apnea also but I don't even have to bring my cpap with me, which initially they said in papers to bring. So I'm going to pack it in the car anyway. I'm just taking a pair of Danskins, they're not sweats but a long pant with a loose waistline and a hoodie. My instructions also say to have a pillow or two in the car to hold on your stomach while traveling and maybe hitting bumps in the road.

As far as suggestions for pre-op foods, after a while they all suck...lol. I can have V8 juice so that helps and I also blend my drinks in the magic bullet with some ice. Takes a little longer to eat/drink them. I also get yogurt. So I buy a Greek yogurt in either plain and add splenda or the fruit flavored ones that are FF but loaded in Protein. Chobani is the one I buy.

Good Luck. Mine is Monday but don't know time until after 1:00 pm tomorrow.

Trisha

I GOT APPROVED!! I GOT APPROVED!! :hurray::sad::party::smile::smile::Dancing_tongue:LET'S DO THE HAPPY DANCE!!!

JUNE 11, 2009 GIZMO WILL ARRIVE, HOPEFULLY I WONT SEE THE GREMLIN TOO MUCH!!!

(That's the name of my band.:cool2:)

I GOT APPROVED!! I GOT APPROVED!! :hurray::sad::party::smile::smile::Dancing_tongue:LET'S DO THE HAPPY DANCE!!!

JUNE 11, 2009 GIZMO WILL ARRIVE, HOPEFULLY I WONT SEE THE GREMLIN TOO MUCH!!!

(That's the name of my band.:cool2:)

Wonderful! Congrats and Good luck!

Congratulations Spudmama!! The next few weeks will fly by. I'm on Monday. My first week of the liquid diet drug by and now this week has flown by and trying to get things done that I can't do next week (like mowing the grass and catching up on housework)

Good for you. Saw my PCP today who has been one of my biggest supporters for doing the band and he was thrilled at surgery date and latest results for blood work. Even with just the 24 pounds I've lost with the qualification process, my BP has dropped 10 points and can probably go off of cholesterol medicine pretty soon.

So just that alone makes it all worthwhile.

I'll dust you off a place on the bench soon

Trisha

I'll dust you off a place on the bench soon

Trisha

LOL Cute!

So, yes, I was off yesterday and that didn't help, but I found myself looking thru the kitchen for things I wont be able to eat after surgery. ie bread items, Peanut Butter and banana sandwich, burrito--not thinkin I can have tortillas after, sugary capuccinos, frozen waffles, etc. I haven't made pancakes...YET! I do give myself days off once in a while and eat whatever, but when I do I deffinately get better 'cheat' food--let's go to Chili's! But that was stupid stuff I was eating yesterday. I'm not beating myself up, it just kinda caught me by surprise that I was doing that, I was fine not eating the crap in the fridge until after getting approved sunk in. I usually try to anticapate emotional bumps and pot holes but that one jumped out. I figured I did all my 'last supper' eating in the beginning of my jumpin thru da hoops.

Just puttin that out there. But I still want a MARGARITA!!! :)

I am getting my band on June 8. I start my pre-op diet this coming Monday (June 1). I am trying sooooo hard NOT to think of this weekend as one long "Last Supper." My doctor wants me to do Medifast shakes, puddings, oatmeal, eggs, Soups, and Protein Bars. I had my nutrition class on May 26 and got to pick my food choices from a pretty decent list. I am not looking forward to this diet because once I tell myself "I'm on a diet," I want to eat everything in sight! I just keep reminding myself that this coming week is just a rehearsal for the "BIG SHOW." Knowing that my "second birthday" is just around the corner gives me all the motivation I need (hopefully).

I am on for 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning,,,I am now drinking this horrible magnesium citrate drink as the final prep for tomorrow,,,I will be so glad when I can finally have some real food again. Losers Bench Here I Come!!

good luck quincygirl!! I'm at 10:00, which works for me. I'm 85 miles away from hospital and have to check in at 8:45 as it is. If it was any earlier I probably would have got a hotel room close by.

Don't envy you on the magnesium drink...again, it's amazing at the varieties of pre-op diets.

Trisha

Woo-Hoo! I am scheduled for surgery on June 8th! Pre-op is June 2nd. I have been on the Prescript diet for roughly a month now. I can't wait to start the journey towards the me that I know is in there ... HEALTHY and HAPPY!

:cool::smile::bat::)

I am June 15th in Dallas Texas, I live in Seattle but am going to Dallas to stay with my daughter for a week. Dr. DAvid Kim. Currently 230 lbs. Start my liquid diet (Bariatric Advantage) tomorrow. I have my doubts wether or not I can go two weeks on just theses shakes.< /p>

Good luck for the 1st. I'm tomorrow and I don't have any kind of stuff to drink preop.

I'm frustrated this morning as i got on my scales and have gained .5kg. I didn't cheat yesterday so I assume it has to be hormones. I actually think that I am going to be really unlucky and be menstruating tomorrow!

I suppose that will just give me a bit more pain to deal with.