Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUNE 2009 Lap Band Surgery

every doctor/hospital/plan is different. Mine is also the 2 weeks but I can have tomato/cream Soup once a day. I'm really surprised that so far (just into day three), that I haven't been any hungrier than I have been. Since my hospitals/surgeons haven't done all that many bands (approx 120), I'm gonna follow as well as i can their diet plan. They do tons of bypasses but just not many bands. I don't have any plans for the holidays. My daughter who has been banded now has a new little boy-toy :cursing:, so I don't see her much these days, which is as it should be. so the holiday will be okay. Good luck...we're on our way to the loser's bench!!!

Trisha

:cursing:

Yesterday my surgery date was set for June 5th. I am very excited, happy, nervous, and terrified all at the same time. I am going to Dr Miller in Saint George Utah.

Got approved May 19, Surgery is June 1st!! I barely have enough time for my 2 week pre-op liquid diet let alone my farewell to solid foods tour!! AGGGG!! It was a alittle too fast for me but I am ready. Hope to be a good addition to the board! I am using Dr. Matthew Mancini at UT Medical Hospital in Knoxville, TN

Edited by kpdgal
add

I started my pre-op opti-fast yesterday. My step sister had her surgery yesterday and feels fine. Some soreness, but nothing she can't tolerate. I can't wait until it's my turn!

Jan. 09 385 lbs

May.09 341 lbs.

Surgery Date JUNE 2nd!!!

weight.png

Is anyone else starting to get anxious for surgery? I don't mean anxious excited more like anxious mini panic attack? This will be my first major surgery and I'm kinda stressing myself out about it. I know I want surgery more than anything but I'm making myself sick over it all. I start my pre-op next monday and it seems like the closer I get to surgery the more stress-related conditions I seem to get. I'm seriously considering asking my doc tomorrow when I go in for my pre-op visit to prescribe me something to help me with all this anxiety. :smile:

Yesterday I got my surgery scheduled for June 5th, were only one day apart from surgeries. I have been having mini-anxiety attacks. I told my husband he'll probably have to drag me into the hospital. I have never had any kind of surgery at all......so I am pretty nervous also.

Yesterday I got my surgery scheduled for June 5th, were only one day apart from surgeries. I have been having mini-anxiety attacks. I told my husband he'll probably have to drag me into the hospital. I have never had any kind of surgery at all......so I am pretty nervous also.

I saw my doc yesterday for my official pre-op and he kept telling me that I don't have to have the surgery if I don't want to. I kept telling him I wanted it more than anything and now today I woke up Migraine free. I think that was his way of getting my mind in the right place so I'd stop being so anxious.

Great! If you dont hear back from me, then I died on the table and you will know to cancel :smile: just kidding (sort of) but am excited and as the other poster suggested, a bit tense at times as well! What are you doing for preop? Also, have you spoken with their nutritionalist at all? Lastly, are you cool with no pre op tests? I guess I am, it just seems weird to me but it is a rather common surgery for him. I know if I was riddled with comorbidities that he would likely wanmt something else done. What are your thoughts and lets stay in touch! I want to lose 110 pounds :mad2:

Great! If you dont hear back from me, then I died on the table and you will know to cancel :mad2: just kidding (sort of) but am excited and as the other poster suggested, a bit tense at times as well! What are you doing for preop? Also, have you spoken with their nutritionalist at all? Lastly, are you cool with no pre op tests? I guess I am, it just seems weird to me but it is a rather common surgery for him. I know if I was riddled with comorbidities that he would likely wanmt something else done. What are your thoughts and lets stay in touch! I want to lose 110 pounds :tt2:

I think this was directed at me. For pre-op, Dr. K. has me doing a low-carb thing for two weeks just prior to surgery. After I talked with him last week, I hopped on the scale and found I had gained 6 pounds since I first scheduled (doing the last supper thing). I got right on a loss program that works for me (HNT... I had lost 90 pounds in 07/08 but have gained back 70 :smile:) and am trying to get a few pounds down. I'm heading out of town for 6 days at the end of the month (family wedding) and then it will be the low-carb thing right after... up until surgery.

I haven't talked to his Nut. yet but I did talk to my dietician on my old program. She encouraged me to come back to her classes after surgery and is willing to learn how to help me succeed with the band. While I will talk to Paula (I think that's her name) and follow her advice, I'm so happy to have someone local who will work with me. My local nut has had a lot of experience with bypass patients but not bandsters. She is open to learning for both our benefits.

As for minimal pre-op testing, I did ask Dr. K about that and his answers reassured me (and I'm pretty healthy in spite of my weight).

Good luck to you.

My insurance/bariatric program over the six months has had a multitude of tests. I can't even begin to tell you what all they were, most I'd never even heard of, an ultrasound of the stomach/liver/kidneys, EKG. So not sure that they'll need anything else when I go next week to meet with PA and anesthesia. It's definitely been a journey getting to surgery date. Now if I can just make it for the next 9 days of pre-op liquid diet. I know most of it is psychological because I really haven't been all that hungry.

Good luck to all

Trisha:party:

Hi all, I am into my 2nd day of "liquids only". Yesturday was tough, I wasn't so much hungry (well a little) it's the... not putting something solid in my mouth and chewing that's tough.... I learned yesturday that i must have ate out of sheer habit ALOT! Jillagould, Your dying on the table joke cracked me up...Good Luck!

I'm on Day 5 (out of 14) of liquid diet. Day 4 was my worst. Today has been fine. The V8 juice has helped a lot. Spent most of the day working in the yard, which has kept my mind off of it. Feeling much more encouraged today. Good luck all!

trisha

:thumbup:

Hey Guys!

My date is June 12th!! Anyone else june 12th? Get back to me june banders we are all in this together!

thanks

Jenna

JUNE 19th!!!!!! I can't wait!! This has been a very long frustrating journey to get an approval from my insurance company. It took surgery for a torn meniscus in my knee for them to get a clue that my weight issues were affecting my health. The list of comorbities, medications, BMI 41.2 and being pre-diabetic weren't enough. But, wow, a torn up knee! Then they decided it was a good idea. (Please excuse my sarcasm, I am still a bit bitter, in spite of my elation over finally having a green light.......and my knee still hurts!) I also have a dislocated vertebrae (L-5) that will have to wait till I get some weight off. I've got to be in better shape than this to recover from back surgery. I am so looking forward to starting this journey!!!