Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUNE 2009 Lap Band Surgery

No - too many bits!

plus "maybe" alcohol is not a good substitute for food!

It would be nice though wouldn't it.

I know, I know my sangria doesn't count for a clear liquid but it was a nice thought for about a second. I'm not much of a drinker but do occasionally like a glass of wine sitting out on the deck now that's finally warming up here in the poconos. So I'll scratch that one of the diet for a while. :grouphug:

Trisha

I am on the Opti-Fast during Memorial Day as well. It's a bummer, since my whole family goes to the beach for 4 days. My step sister is having the surgery Tuesday, and she will still be on Clear Liquids. we will make a good pair!

Jan. 09 385lbs

May. 09 343lbs

Surgery June 2nd :rolleyes2:

weight.png

At least you'll have someone else to share the experience with.

Hi there. I am in Windsor, 42 yo female and scheduled with Dr Kirshenbaum on June 12th....what about you? Are you scared? I am both nervous and excited!!! Would love to "chat"

Jill

Hey Jill! Is that Windsor, Colorado??? I live in Ft. Collins!! I'm going to Dr Johnell in Greeley. We should really keep in touch.

I would love to!! I am a rn with hospice....would you like to chat in person? What is your date? Give me a call if you would like 970-377-3104 (h). Maybe we could have a crystal light or something :laugh:

Thanks!

Jill

I have seen a few ask about our name. Are we ready to vote?? I was trying to let someone else to this but no one stepped up. So here I am again. Let's vote, I have to make a new thread and this time I will put it on the June 09 forum so I don't lose it and we can all find it. :eek:

1. Looney Junes

2. June Jubilee

3. June Journeys

4. Journey of the Jammin' Juners

5. Jumpin' June Bugs

6. Jammin' Juners

7. Looney Junies

What happened to some of the other names that people suggested? There were a couple of others that were quite good yet they don't appear to be on this list.

Sorry! I guess I'm an interloper because I got banded in May but I really wanted to pass on some advice...

First, its a piece of cake and I can already tell its the best thing I have ever done (and I am self pay!!) It is post op day 13 and I still have ZERO appetite! I just eat my stuff to get the protein/ liquid requirements but I dont really care either way...I feel like one of those ;skinnies; who never cares or thinks about food!

Second, by any means possible get an abdominal binder. Its just a big piece of elastic that goes around your waist and velcroes. It keeps everything in place and really decreases your pain. If you sleep on your side it eliminates that pulling feeling of your gut schlumping over which is very painful! Good luck all, feel free to message me if you have questions...I will be very honest with the good, bad, and the ugly!! Cali

What happened to some of the other names that people suggested? There were a couple of others that were quite good yet they don't appear to be on this list.

Sorry, I forgot about the ones in the beginning. I don't think we can add it to an existing poll. I made a list and tried to get other suggestions but didn't get a big outcome. I just want a name. I personally don't like June Journeys, I'd rather have anything but that, but if people don't vote that's what it looks like it's gonna be.

Is anyone else starting to get anxious for surgery? I don't mean anxious excited more like anxious mini panic attack? This will be my first major surgery and I'm kinda stressing myself out about it. I know I want surgery more than anything but I'm making myself sick over it all. I start my pre-op next monday and it seems like the closer I get to surgery the more stress-related conditions I seem to get. I'm seriously considering asking my doc tomorrow when I go in for my pre-op visit to prescribe me something to help me with all this anxiety. :unsure:

Hi there. I am in Windsor, 42 yo female and scheduled with Dr Kirshenbaum on June 12th....what about you? Are you scared? I am both nervous and excited!!! Would love to "chat"

Jill

Jill... I'm going a week after you with Dr. K. :unsure: On the 17th.

I start my pre-op diet also on Monday. Is yours for two weeks or shorter? I've had so many "last meals" over the past two weeks that I don't think I'm going to have one on Sunday night. Can't believe I'm tired of eating...lol. The anesthesia doesn't worry me too much. Good luck starting Monday and enjoy the ribs and steak. You're right it will be a while, if ever, that you eat steak. My daughter has been banded 15 months and hasn't eat steak since...which isn't such a bad thing.

Two weeks to the loser's bench!!

trisha

started my pre op diet on Monday As well and my Surgery is June 11th. I have been on Optifast for three days now and it really has not been as bad as i thought it was going to be. My doctor must be a realy srict one because evryone else that has my surgery is not starting there pre op diet till late next week. But like you said I had so many last meals last week that I think I am finally done with all that, weird I havent even really thought about eating that much, this weekend will be a true test. Memorial day weekend with my fmaily at my parnets summer house where last year all I did was eat and drink beers, THIS YEAR i WILL BE SUCKING DOWN OPTIFAST AND Protein Bars WHAT A DIFFERENCE a YEARS MAKES