Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUNE 2009 Lap Band Surgery

Jumpin June Bugs I love it. I just got my date today. . . June 1, 2009 here in New Hampshire. I am soooooo excited to start my journey. My DH is lucky he gets to go first, his is scheduled for May 11, 2009. :blink:

YEA!!! I'm so glad you got a date! I am just waiting to finish my exercise stuff then I can submit. But that wont be till the end of May. My insurance lady said if I have it in by May 26 I should be able to have my surgery on June 11th. My surgeon is out from the 12-26. So I really hope I can get the 11th.

I know I thought of it but I still like Jumpin' June Bugs!! Does anyone else have any ideas? ;)

Love Jumpin' June Bugs for a name. June 5th is my day.

OK, I just googled a June Bug and EEEEEEWWWWW!!!! It sounds like a good name but now I can't get the nasty creature out of my head!!! Good thing it's NOT in my head!! Great!!! Now my head itches!!!! :crying:

roflmao :crying:

Juune bugs is cute hahaha but I am with you on the eww part lol

what about June Journeys

that is what I have been using. I liked it because this really is a journey for all of us!

:)

I just got approved yesterday and my date is June 22nd!!

Glad to be part of the wonderful bunch! I am so excited for all of us!! :thumbup:

Well I guess I am the first one here! I just got my surgery date and it is set for June 2nd at OHSU in Portland Oregon. I am so excited! It has been a long journey to get to this point and I am so glad to have a date even if it is almost 3 months out. Anyone else out there get a June 09 surgery date?

Hello, I'm Jane and I just received my surgery date of June 17th. I am thrilled, it has taken me since last August of 2008 to begin the process. I'm a type two diabetic and on meds for it. I hope to wean off some and lose this weight finally!!

Wish me well too!!

Jane:smile:

I thought I saw some name with 'journey' in it. IDK where.

FYI--after I looked up the ugly creature my computer took a major nose dive!!! SO DON'T GOOGLE JUNE BUGS!!! :)

But the name is still cute if you think of a lady bug! lol

Hello, June Bandsters I have a surgery date of June 1, 2009. This has been a long journey. :)

Don't know whats going on , keep trying to post and it comes back with a database error.Lets hope this time it works.

Well June is getting closer for all of us which is both exciting and scary.I think I am getting through my tests. So far have seen:-

Surgeon

Dietician

Physician - who has referred me for a chest x-ray and lung function test. Am keeping my fingers crossed that i won't have to do a sleep study.

I am also wondering what to do about telling people. I want to keep this as private as possible and so far have only told my DH. Not sure what to say to my DS14 or DD 20 who is away at uni. I'm not sure they could keep it to themselves and also my DD would probably tell me I don't need it! At the end of the year i am going overseas to visit my parents/sister for 6 weeks. Will have to decide closer to the time if i should tell them or not.

Have to start Optifast in 2 weeks. Not looking forward to it as the range seems to be incredibly limited.I am hoping that my surgeon will say its OK to use a different product. the Tony fergusson range seems to be much wider and have more interesting flavours. What is everyone else using?

Finally i want to add a ticker but am not sure how to do it. Can any of you help me.

Good luck to us all.

Lynn(Melbourne - Aus)

I thought I saw some name with 'journey' in it. IDK where.

FYI--after I looked up the ugly creature my computer took a major nose dive!!! SO DON'T GOOGLE JUNE BUGS!!! :smile2:

But the name is still cute if you think of a lady bug! lol

That was probably me! I started to use June Journey's I just thought it was cool because we are all really on a journey! :w00t:

Hooray! I have Horizon BC/BS and was approved today! Apparently was approved the 24th...that was 1 day after submitting paperwork! Yahoo!

I am scheduled for June 5th surgery and although my hubby is kind of against my surgery, he is taking off 2 days to stay home and take care of me. awwww...

I am excited to be part of the June Journeys and wish the best of luck to all our fellow Junesters!

If you need any advice on submitting paperwork, let me know, I feel like an expert!

:thumbup:

I hopefully have a June surgery date:) My last appt is May 13th and then my package is submitted that day or next. Aetna takes about 15 days to approve....so we'll see....crossing fingers!