Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG..being stuck is traumatizing

i had no idea how scary being stuck is

i went to the mall w/my little guy and bought him a hot dog for lunch in the food court.

i wasn't hungry, but unconsciously took a bite while feeding him

within a minute i had this horrible sensation in my chest.

i started to panic

i picked up my baby (left everything at table but purse)

ran frantically to the bathroom and stuck my finger down my throat (vomited x 2)

good lord. i don't even want to eat anymore for fear of that happening again.

i have such a fickle band. one day fine, the next day blocked. and i don't even have a fill yet.

my appetite is about 20% of what it used to be.

i still love the band:crying:

I feel for you! It's horrible being stuck. And being in a public place the first time it happens - horrifying! I felt like I was going to die my first time.

The pain is just excruciating. I can tell when I'm about to throw up, cause for the few seconds before, I completely lose the ability to breathe. I try to inhale, and I can't, and then I throw up.

Just wretched!

Thank God I've figured out how to eat without getting stuck, but it happened a few times before I learned to be really careful. Learn from your first time and be super careful about everything you eat. Hopefully you won't have to go through it again!!!

((((hugs!)))

I too feel your pain . I was driving when it first happened to me. I had to pull over an make my self sick. I thought i was going to die. The pain is just horrible.

Wow Im not sure I want the band anymore. =| I'm supposed to be banded on Monday(March 16th). Thats scary thinking about that. =( It is good to know you still love your band though! Whew!

Being stuck is a very horrible experience. I once eat some chicken and then got on a plane. I am not sure if it was the plane pressure or what I ate, I was stuck for over 4 hours in the plane bathroom. They even let me stay in the bathroom while the plane was landing. Horrible horrible!!:thumbup:

I have learned to do liquids while flying and I travel about once a month.

After that experience, I have been scared to get a fill. Luckily, I was at my sweet spot, but I have stopped losing and need a fill. I have to convince myself that I need it and to stick to eating like a bandster. Be mindful and chew.

Don't let getting stuck make you fear getting the band. Yes it happens and yes it SUCKS

but I promise you learn from it :thumbup: You learn the signs your body makes and you learn to LISTEN to them. (Sorry you went through that in public iwalktheline)

I have had a few "mini" stucks (pressure slight pain) and one MEGA stuck that caused me to paninc. I learned not to eat fast, chew to a paste, not swallow a large amount at once and if I feel any pressure it's time to stop.

The band has been a wonderful tool! We all have to just learn what we can and can not tolerate.

I was at the Mall of America one week after getting my 3rd (and most recent) fill. I don't know what I was thinking but I bought a chicken teriyaki and rice plate at the food court. Of course the chicken got stuck and I had no idea where the closest bathroom was. And then when I found it there was a line of ladies at least 10 people long! Talk about panic!! So I ran to Macy's and found my way to the ladies room there. I am forever grateful to Macy's because their ladies room had a separate room with a nice couch in it. Boy, did I need that to recuperate on for about an hour after the episode was over. I pretty much ruined our shopping trip! But like others have said, I still love my band. It wasn't the band's fault the chicken got stuck, it was my fault.

Same here. The only two times I've been "semi-stuck" was because I hadn't chewed the food good. My band was doing exactly what it was supposed to do!

Keep this thread in the back of your mind when you sit down to eat. Chew, chew, chew! I love my band!!!

I've had 2 fills - the last was just over a week ago. All of a sudden in the last couple of days I seem to be getting stuck lots. I don't know why - i'm being careful to chew well but the food is getting stuck before I realise I've eaten enough and then its too late. Thankfully no throwing up but the pain is terrible and it takes awhile to go away.