Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massive dairy food cravings

I lately could like on latte coffee, cheese, and mcdonalds soft serve icecreams, what is causing this???? I was bad ate a sausage roll today too, don't want to sabotarge all my good work.

Are you taking a Calcium supplement in addition to your Multi-Vitamin?

I take either Caltrate chewables or Viactive both have extra Vitamin D as well. When I get cravings, usually for plain milk, it is a sign that I need more calcium and have even doubled the dose.

Are you taking a Calcium supplement in addition to your Multi-Vitamin?

I take either Caltrate chewables or Viactive both have extra Vitamin D as well. When I get cravings, usually for plain milk, it is a sign that I need more calcium and have even doubled the dose.

I have not been taking any Vitamins, so will get back to Multi Vitamins and calcium. I have een eating everything so gave up the Vitamins, may take extra b supplement too.

That's a good sign for you are craving what your body needs and you aren't ignoring it.

I too began to eat massive amounts of dairy. I drink milk and eat cheese more than anything else.

This hit me one day as I was standing at the refrigerator eating shredded cheese straight from the bag and then later was a meatball triple provolone from subway.

My doc has found no issue w/ all the dairy/calcium I eat.

When i crave dairy I opt for string cheese sticks that weight watchers make..I eat cottage cheese with fruit and when i make my egg white omelets in the morning I used cheddar..I love cheese in my salads too..I havent eaten fast food since Ive been banded..if i decide to i will opt for a side salad with chicken...make sure u take your Multivitamin and calcuim supplements..I incorporated Vitamin B12 and Protein Shakes into my diet..when i go food shopping it is so expensive...i pay $60 a week on food..but I buy things like chicken and other meats in bulk to save $$..ive been clipping coupons to help too!!

I go through spurts, like right now. My husband and I can go through a gallon of milk in 2 day - we're both banded. I figure the same thing, my body is needing it. At least we keep 1% or FF milk only.:biggrin:

I have always craved dairy, even before getting banded. Now I am being told that I need to stay away from cow’s milk. I love milk!! :) I was told that the extra fructose in milk will sabotage the weight loss and that I can have low fat cheese and yogurt but all puddings and anything else that calls for milk needs to be substituted for soy milk(including cereal):biggrin: I hate soy milk:frown: I want to know if anyone else has heard this and is this true? I have been drinking skim milk for years and did not realize that this was not acceptable

This is a huge issue for me. I can not express how much I love milk and eating string cheese as my only source of dairy is not going to cut it for me:crying:

Actually, I have heard just the opposite. My doctor encourages milk. It just has to be 1% or skim. I also use fat free cottage cheese and sour cream. I too eat a lot of cheese. I love ricotta cheese, and those little bon belles and lite pie shaped soft cheeses that come in the round box. If I'm tight and can't eat meat, at least I can get my Protein in that way. I'd worry more about a lack of Calcium, Vitamin D and protein than I would the minimal amount of sugar in milk.