Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Exercise challenge

Mornin' Warriors!

Had a good weekend - Saturday was beautiful! Lots of running around with DH and DD, but still got in a long walk with DDog. Have decided that though I burn more calories with walking, I like the strength in my legs that was developing from my rowing, so I'm going to prioritize it in the afternoons.

My routine will be walking in the morning with DDog, DH and DD, a walk at lunchtime at work (including the killer hill), a short walk with DDog in the evening (as opposed to a longer one) and rowing for a minimum of 30 minutes, working to get to 45.

I noticed over the weekend that my up-and-down from a kneeling position was easier when I was rowing regularly. I had put it on the back burner because my Bodybugg said I burn more calories walking, but I'm also wanting to gain strength, and with no time for the gym right now, the rowing machine is my next best partner for that. I can set the resistance at a level that challenges my heart rate and my muscles, so that's what I'll do.

Nice to see everyone's progress, and I'm hoping for even bigger numbers as summer arrives and the days get longer.:thumbup:

hey all - nothing since thurs, fell fri & have a hairline fracture in my right ankle. i feel good today w/my bootie & go see an orthopedic this afternoon. i still plan to workout w/my trainer tom/thurs/sat - told him to get creative. not sure i'll be doing much cardio - but we'll see.

happy final days of march!

hey all - nothing since thurs, fell fri & have a hairline fracture in my right ankle. i feel good today w/my bootie & go see an orthopedic this afternoon. i still plan to workout w/my trainer tom/thurs/sat - told him to get creative. not sure i'll be doing much cardio - but we'll see.

happy final days of march!

Sorry to hear this lulu.:thumbup: I'm sure you'll figure out some way to keep in the gym.

As for me, I'M BACK! Vacation was great......until Thursday. Woke up Thursday morning with a bad feeling in my stomach. Knew I was in trouble but tried to just lay there and hope nothing really bad (read: vomiting) happened. Family left to go to Animal Kingdom and then it started. I PUKED for most of the day, couldn't stop. Of course, being in a different city w/o a car I had no way to try to get any anti nausea meds. Had to tough it out and hope for the best.

Sucked it up on Friday to fly back home. By then, no puking. But, it had moved more into the intestines. Spent all day Saturday with the intestines. Yesterday, better, but still sick to my stomach. Today, better.

Managed one 2.5 mile run on vacation, that's it.:sad: Just couldn't covince myself to run in the morning if I was going to be walking the whole day at a theme park and afterwards too tired.

Made it in this morning for upper body. Back to circuit training. Also, ran for 1 mile on treadmill. Couldn't stomach any more than that after the past 5 days of sickness.

Good to see everyone has been keeping strong.:)

Stationary bike, 46 min and 12.9 miles.

Made it in this morning to try a nice slow 15 min./1.5 mile run. Felt pretty good and made it 2 miles in 20 min. instead. Followed that with 10 min. cooldown and 12 min. on elliptical. Tonight will be leg circuit training and a little more cardio.

Mornin' Warriors!

Last night's rowing session was great - I felt strong and flexible, though tired at the end. Covered a bit less distance, but my 500m split time was good.

Walked this morning with family and DDog as usual, will attack the hill at lunchtime, and another rowing session tonight.

Have a terrific day, all! :P

Sorry to hear this lulu.:biggrin: I'm sure you'll figure out some way to keep in the gym.

As for me, I'M BACK! Vacation was great......until Thursday. Woke up Thursday morning with a bad feeling in my stomach. Knew I was in trouble but tried to just lay there and hope nothing really bad (read: vomiting) happened. Family left to go to Animal Kingdom and then it started. I PUKED for most of the day, couldn't stop. Of course, being in a different city w/o a car I had no way to try to get any anti nausea meds. Had to tough it out and hope for the best.:P

thanks ceradad - saw an orthopedic yesterday and a got a sock type brace & also saw my band dr for a fill.

i'll be good this afternoon, intersted to see what trainer guy has planned.

re - stomach bug, could you have gotten food poison? nothing worse than being sick out of town. glad your back!!

final March numbers:

Bike:18h 33m 03s - 278.69 Mi

Run:11h 59m 46s - 72.64 Mi

Swim:4h 30m - 10200 Meters

Strength:1h 55m

Biggest bike and run numbers so far.

Our Tues. "Track" workout took place at a park. I ran 4.5 miles total! The workout was to run to the start, then do two loops (3 for the fast people) and then run back to the parking lot. I was able to do 2 loops and not the dumbed-down version and not that many people lapped me so that means most of them did two loops too. Whee!

thanks ceradad - saw an orthopedic yesterday and a got a sock type brace & also saw my band dr for a fill.

i'll be good this afternoon, intersted to see what trainer guy has planned.

re - stomach bug, could you have gotten food poison? nothing worse than being sick out of town. glad your back!!

Any need for surgery? Hope not, that would just make things take longer to recover.

I don't think it was food poisoning. DW got sick after we got back. No puking, but was laid out feeling nauseated for the weekend. Plus, neice and nephews were throwing up Saturday night and Sunday. I think we just picked something up and I happened to be the first one to succumb.:thumbdown:

Didn't make it in last night. Felt a little worse as the day went on. Didn't want to chance a leg workout while feeling nauseated.

Hey all,

Just got in from my lunchtime walk - walked yesterday as well, no rowing (catching up on Statistics homework) and no walk this morning with DH. I think I'm trying to catch something...I feel really sluggish.

Lap Band support group here tonight, so I'll take it easy the rest of the afternoon and get back on the grind tomorrow am.

Hope all are having a good day! :smile2:

Oops. Wrong thread.