Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Exercise challenge

Working 0600-1400 today, so I only got in a 2 mile run on the treadmill in 20 min. @ 1% incl. and 5 min. cooldown this morning. I have to wait for one of my carpool members to get off work at 1500, so I will go back up and do some more cardio this afternoon while waiting.

No lifting this week.:thumbup::rolleyes::thumbup::crying: I hate it and love it at the same time. Love it because I get to just go home and spend some time with DD before DW gets home. Hate it because I feel as if my "muscles" are getting soft within the week off.

And luluc, I would gladly take rain. We are supposed to be getting 3-6" of snow again tomorrow.:ohmy:

Stationary bike - 45 min, 13.22 miles

Today: 45 minutes slow walk 2.17 miles at 3% incline.

I received all my lab work back and the doctor and I reviewed it together last Friday. Based on the results, we increased my thyroid medication from .088mg to .1mg.

We are hoping that this slight modification will help my poor thyroid and eliminate all the symptoms I have been exhibiting since the second week in January.

I must say my quality of life has sucked, but I am very hopeful, I can get my energy back!:laugh:

Tues. is track day.

We did 2x 1200 fast followed by 400 slow and 2x 800 fast followed by 400 slow.

I really pushed myself on the last 400 of the last 800 and I was shocked at how fast I could go!

I must say my quality of life has sucked, but I am very hopeful, I can get my energy back!:thumbup:

i hope you start feeling better tquad!

georgia girl - i hadn't done much myself lately, but think i shook the blahs...

yesterday - 1hr walk w/friend in the morning then 45min on treadmill at night running 17 of those minutes

today - 45min walk on treadmill - will go for more this evening.

my friend and i signed up for Water aerobics yesterday. i'm pretty funky about a public pools - but would like to get some exercises down to take to my pool; really don't know where to start, so we'll be trying that out twice a wk.

Checking in...

Rowed last night for the first time in a few days - kicked my butt, but I did 4000m in my 30-minute routine. Glad I'm back at it, though my thighs let me know I had been away...

Walked as usual the last few days - heading to lunch with friends today (one bypass patient, one dieting, and me - not a lot of food will be eaten LOL) and will fast-walk the distance to the restaurant. No shuttle bus for me!:mad2:

georgia girl - i hadn't done much myself lately, but think i shook the blahs...

Me too. I think my problem is I go full force until I get totally burned out. I've got to learn how to tone it down, just a little, so I can stay consistent!

Today~

went to the gym for a free training session tonight.

OUCH!!!! My BUTT is killing me!!!!! :thumbup: I didn't even know I had muscles there!

Tredmill` FAST 10 min'

lunges w/ 8 lbs weights

arm lifts w/ weights

squats w/ weights

stomach crunches

worked on tri & bi's

Hope I can walk tomorrow!!!! :crying:

OK, i did the above on FRIDAY & SERIOUSLY couldn't walk right for THREE days after because of the lunges :lol: OUCH!!!!

Today~1 hr kickboxing!!! Fist class in years :lol:

YAAAY!!! ME!! :lol:

Today: 45 Minutes treadmill 4% incline at 2.20 miles. Slow walk. Turtle walk, but trying to build up my stamina.

Lulu, it feels great to be back.:thumbup:

Swimming. I got in the pool 10 min. early and did a 400 to warm up. Then about 1650 m of various drills.

Monday p.m.-got in another 2.25 miles on the treadmill.

Last two days I've been off of work and just haven't felt a real desire to get in for cardio.:confused:

This morning, got up and did 3.1 miles on treadmill. I'll try for another mile or two later today.

Checking in - Good Morning Warriors!

Rowed late last night because I had my intro session for my Bodybugg. Interesting - there are all kinds of features I didn't know about and hadn't explored yet.

The bugg definately makes you realize what you are and aren't doing! I am doing well with logging my food - most people (the trainer says) underestimate by 25 - 50% what they eat (calorie wise) - according to the bugg and what I've lost so far, I'm only underestimating by 5% or so.

I'm going to get better - that's my commitment to me. I also was surprised that I burn more calories per minute walking than rowing. Trainer says it's because rowing doesn't force me to carry my own body weight, while walking does. I also walk pretty fast (now) so that helps as well.

Last night's rowing session was 4150m in 30:06, with a split time on the 500m of 3:24. That's better than my previous time by nearly 10 seconds. I'll stay at that level (kicked my butt, it did) for a week or so and then try to either extend the distance or drop the split time even lower or both.

I love the rower - it is always there waiting for me, and while I loved going to the gym, with my current schedule it's really hard, and I am glad I have an alternative.

I'm really happy Spring is arriving, and I can walk outside more often!:confused:

Swimming. I got in the pool 10 min. early and did a 400 to warm up. Then about 1650 m of various drills.

I wish I knew how to swim. I have a terrible fear of the deep end of the Water. I don't have a problem with the shallow end. I checked into our local YMCA and they do not offer any Water aerobics in our area. The closes is Sacramento.

This morning: ran 2.05 miles on treadmill in 19:17. Followed that with 10 minute cooldown. May get in again later, may not.