Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Exercise challenge

ebony - love the avi~~

i'm in an exercise funk and need to shake it. i want to blame not working out w/my trainer twice a wk while he's getting his sports rehab place up & running, but can't. it's me.

reached that place where your told you look great enough you almost don't feel you need to do the work, well i do - because exercise clears my head/ i sleep better & eat better.

today - yoga & 30min walk w/my chubby lapband needing lab

Keep your chin up lulu, you'll get through it. We all go through periods where we just can't find the energy/desire to exercise. It's the extended periods that are the worst. You've been going so great for so long, you are bound to have a down time.

I confess! I haven't worked out nearly as much as I should have since being banded. My bandaversary is coming up in just over a month, April 8th. My "year check up" is the 26 of Mar. I'm ashamed of my weight loss. I want to be under 200 lbs by my appt in three weeks. Right now, I am at 206 from 272. I need help. Hope posting here will help to motivate me. Thinking about going back to Curves now that they have their Smart Machines to help keep us working harder all the time (no plateaus). What do you guys think? Jillian Michaels says circuit training is key. Help!!!!!!!!! My exercise goal is to workout at least 5 days a week. circuit training Monday, Tuesday, Thrusday, and Friday rest on Wednesday and Sunday, and cardio on Saturday. It would be great if I could find the motivation to workout twice a day . Trying to find it here.

Nothing to be ashamed about for 66 lbs in one year. That's great.:mellow: You throw in a little exercise and you'll make it to goal soon enough. Just keep at it once you get going.

I did a run today. 2 min. walking warm up, 37 min. run, 2 min. walking rest, 2 min. run, 2 min. cool down.

I was going 5.2 for a while there! But not too long. It kind of wiped me out. :laugh:

Great job madame!:cool2:

As for me, I did upper body supersets yesterday. Relearned a lesson I should have remembered. Muscles, especially old muscles (translation: mine:cursing:) cannot go heavy 2 times in one week. I failed on the 5th rep on my first set of 280 on bench. Backed all the weights down immediately to medium level for 10 reps instead. Still felt like shit the whole workout.:unsure: But, I pushed through, did all the supersets and even managed 15 pushups btwn each superset.

Followed that with 35 minutes on elliptical, 10/1 mile run on treadmill and 5 min. cooldown.

This morning, I ran 2 miles in 18:14 on treadmill, 10 min. cooldown and have done 50 min. on elliptical. Tonight I will do legs again.

P.S.-Milestone alert. I passed the century mark on my goal for 520 miles run this year.:tt2:

Keep your chin up lulu, you'll get through it. We all go through periods where we just can't find the energy/desire to exercise. It's the extended periods that are the worst. You've been going so great for so long, you are bound to have a down time.

P.S.-Milestone alert. I passed the century mark on my goal for 520 miles run this year.:unsure:

thanks -hopefully when DH gets back into town tom he can shake it out of me...LOL

huge congrats on your milestone.!!!

today - ugh, got dressed to go to the gym and decided not to go; went for a pedicure instead. will either go for a walk w/the dogs later or a little horseback riding - going to force one of the 2.

No exercise yesterday :-(

I plan on going to the gym tonight sat & sun.

Starting to get a bit frustrated! I feel like this weight does not want to come off! :laugh: Also my hair is falling out!!! :tt2: I have been stuck between the same few ponds

forever!!! :unsure: I'm gonna stick it out though! I need a fill but don't want to get one because I'm going out of the country soon & I am nervous about being too tight. :mellow: I NEED A PEP TALK!!! :cool2:

Starting to get a bit frustrated! I feel like this weight does not want to come off! :laugh: Also my hair is falling out!!! :eek: I have been stuck between the same few ponds

forever!!! :unsure: I'm gonna stick it out though! I need a fill but don't want to get one because I'm going out of the country soon & I am nervous about being too tight. :mellow: I NEED A PEP TALK!!! :tt2:

Hi Heidi!

You've already lost quite a bit - you're doing the right things! I can suggest a couple of things (caveat: I am not a personal trainer) - track your food intake for a bit and check to make sure you are getting enough calories - several people on the boards have found they were burning off nearly everything they ate, putting their bodies into 'starvation mode' and meaning they hold on to everything...

The food tracking will also help you figure out if you're getting enough Protein - that has been mentioned on the site as a possible cause of Hair loss. Are you taking a Multivitamin, and getting them in every day?

You obviously know how to lose weight - you've been successful at it with the band, so keep doing the good things you've been doing, and perhaps it's just a tweak you need.

Keep going, HeidiB! You CAN do this!:cool2:

HeidiB

You're right, the weight doesn't want to come off! If it did none of us would have the pleasure to get to know each other because none of us would be over weight. It's okay. We all get frustrated. You've lost a lot of weight since Sep. Your body is probably in protest right now trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Keep working and listen to EbonyRose, make sure you're eating enough and eating the right things. I think I got stuck because I wasn't eating enough. Go and get some Biotin for your hair. It's cheap and it's good.

Thanks you guys for all the words of encouragement. It really does mean a lot. I actually feel better.

Take care

Starting to get a bit frustrated! I feel like this weight does not want to come off! :laugh: Also my hair is falling out!!! :tt2: I have been stuck between the same few ponds

forever!!! :unsure: I'm gonna stick it out though! I need a fill but don't want to get one because I'm going out of the country soon & I am nervous about being too tight. :mellow: I NEED A PEP TALK!!! :cool2:

Edited by Godshelp
Left out text

Thank you everyone!

Do you all do about 1200 cal a day? I don't count my cals like I should & I need to up Fluid intake again. I take 2 flinstone completes daily. I am just starting w/ a special hair care system for Hair loss. I got from my sis in law who's a hair dresser. So, I know there are thing i could do better. Thank you!

Today~

went to the gym for a free training session tonight.

OUCH!!!! My BUTT is killing me!!!!! :rolleyes: I didn't even know I had muscles there!

Tredmill` FAST 10 min'

lunges w/ 8 lbs weights

arm lifts w/ weights

squats w/ weights

stomach crunches

worked on tri & bi's

Hope I can walk tomorrow!!!! :thumbup:

No exercise for me today. I found out last night about 9 pm that our furnace was not working, won't light. So after several attempts to reset the dang thing, and a couple different codes, I had to call the HVAC company. By this time it was close to 11 pm.

Told the guy I had to work today and said it could wait until I get home about 4. Had to turn off the gas to the furnace and go to bed. Luckily, it was only in the mid 20's last night, so not too bad.

I'll have him come over, fix the problem and then get up tomorrow morning and run prior to work.

Hi, i'm just not as in shape as you all. Did 1 mile walking yesterday. am heading to the gym in a moment. Wish housework counted

Housework does count but only if you do it continuously. But cleaning up on the weekend for 30 min. straight definitely counts!

Today I did an open Water swim. OH MY GOD. That's all I'm gonna say here. I'll write about it in my blog though.

Then we got out and went on a short run. I didn't have the time or energy to put on my Nike+ so no credit for it in my challenges though. I think I only went 1.5 miles in 20 min. so it wouldn't have helped much anyway.

No exercise again today.:) One of DW's coworkers husband is going to school for HVAC. He said he would come over and take a look at our furnace. Ended up on finishing up until almost 10 last night. Then, with DST, I just didn't have the energy.

I'll get back to it tomorrow.

More swimming today. In the pool this time, though. :confused:

Hi Everyone,

I am going to start posting on here to motivate myself to get more exercise and get back to the gym. I had surgery a year ago and was working out 5-6 times a week until October when I started going through a divorce. Well, the divorce was just final and it is time to start exercising again. But somehow it is so hard to get motivated . . .

I will post my first workout tomorrow.

Pam

Mornin' Warriors!

Had a good, though laid-back weekend. Couple of long walks with DDog - he enjoyed the warm weather and sunshine. A little bit of yard clean-up, nothing to strenuous, but kinda fun.

Clothes are getting looser, scale's not moving much, but I'm happy anyway.

Hi, i'm just not as in shape as you all. Did 1 mile walking yesterday. am heading to the gym in a moment. Wish housework counted

Hi Sue - start right where you are! A mile walk is great - keep going! You'll get stronger as you keep going...we all had to start somewhere! :)

Hi Everyone,

I am going to start posting on here to motivate myself to get more exercise and get back to the gym. I had surgery a year ago and was working out 5-6 times a week until October when I started going through a divorce. Well, the divorce was just final and it is time to start exercising again. But somehow it is so hard to get motivated . . .

I will post my first workout tomorrow.

Pam

Hi Pam - you'll be fine - try to remember how good you felt when you were working out 5 - 6 times a week, when you get back to it, your body will also remember, and it'll feel good. Congrats for getting back to it - keep posting here for more motivation and we'll help keep you accountable.

I'm enjoying the lack of snow and the relatively warm temps - gotta love the onset of Spring! :confused:

was a very pretty wkend; went on a few walks -nothing crazy ..... but i'm getting a fill today & hope a kick in the pants as well.

dh and i put together our treadmill yesterday (very little asembly required:)) i think it was a really good investment.

i plan on hitting it shortly w/my ipod as it looks like rain is coming....