Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Exercise challenge

I can't believe I did a whole 5k! :blush:
that's great!!!

i need to mix things up a bit, am in a lull. my treadmill was delivered while i was out yesterday & is on my front porch on a wooden freight cart. it's huge & i have to wait for DH to get home from a business trip sat to set it up. i think this will be a big help.

yesterday - all i got in was a 40min walk w/one of my dogs that really needs a lapband. after she had pups she's not been much for running around & is round these days....LOL

today - heading to the gym here shortly & plan on an hr of cardio. feel on auto pilot so it's likely 30min stair master / 30min treadmill....

Last night was medium weight supersets for legs. Was going to do some more cardio at the gym but the ellipticals were all taken and I was in no shape to run on the treadmill after doing legs.:blush: Good thing I got in an addtl 35 minutes at the fitness ctr yester morning.

This morning, I was planning on doing 1.5 miles @ a simple 6 mph. Instead, I ended up doing 3 miles in 28:50.:scared2: Damn my competitive side. Even with myself, I have to do more. Followed that with 10 min. cooldown and 15 min. elliptical. I plan on another 35 min. later today on elliptical.

Got my additional 35 minutes in on the elliptical. No more today.:blush: Non lifting day and I NEED IT.

how long did it take and how many fills to start see wt loss results.how much exercise

What are the rules? i don't see any posted. Want to join! Need motivation to increase Gym time

What are the rules? i don't see any posted. Want to join! Need motivation to increase Gym time

Hi there! I don't believe there are any rules. You just list your daily exercise. Helps to motivate you! :confused:

I've been running around a basketball court practicing hand signals all day - enough to make me think I'm tired but in reality not much more than incidental exercise. So.....I really should do something tonight. I think it'll be just a treadmill run.

I swam. I can't believe how much better my swimming is. I can go 3x as long without breathing as when I started and I'm not sinking into the pool as much. Now I need to figure out how to get more power out of my stroke as I'm still pretty slow.

But only got passed on the kickboard, not once doing freestyle!

Yesterday: No exercise

Afternoon Warriors!

Been having a ball with my at-home rowing machine lately...I still walk every morning with DD and DDog. The rower kicked my butt the first couple of weeks, but I'm finding my stride now.

I'm up from the base 20 minute workout to 30 minutes now - I add fast-paced music before and after (love my iPhone!) to keep the heart rate and calorie burn up.

Started out covering barely 1000m, last night rowed 4413m in 30:17, with a 3:40 split time for 500m. I have progressed quite a bit - it made me wonder what the heck I was waiting for!

And I've lost the 2 pounds I gained before my 3-week stall. I've been fighting to get rid of it and since my fill in mid-Feb, I've been logging my food and exercising more, and it is starting to pay off! Looking forward to more losses by the end of the month, and I'll be purchasing the 40 minute workout by the end of the month as well!:cursing:

ebony - love the avi~~

i'm in an exercise funk and need to shake it. i want to blame not working out w/my trainer twice a wk while he's getting his sports rehab place up & running, but can't. it's me.

reached that place where your told you look great enough you almost don't feel you need to do the work, well i do - because exercise clears my head/ i sleep better & eat better.

today - yoga & 30min walk w/my chubby lapband needing lab

I confess! I haven't worked out nearly as much as I should have since being banded. My bandaversary is coming up in just over a month, April 8th. My "year check up" is the 26 of Mar. I'm ashamed of my weight loss. I want to be under 200 lbs by my appt in three weeks. Right now, I am at 206 from 272. I need help. Hope posting here will help to motivate me. Thinking about going back to Curves now that they have their Smart Machines to help keep us working harder all the time (no plateaus). What do you guys think? Jillian Michaels says circuit training is key. Help!!!!!!!!! My exercise goal is to workout at least 5 days a week. circuit training Monday, Tuesday, Thrusday, and Friday rest on Wednesday and Sunday, and cardio on Saturday. It would be great if I could find the motivation to workout twice a day . Trying to find it here.

I did a run today. 2 min. walking warm up, 37 min. run, 2 min. walking rest, 2 min. run, 2 min. cool down.

I was going 5.2 for a while there! But not too long. It kind of wiped me out. :cursing:

ebony - love the avi~~

Thanks, Luluc! I wish I were as cute as she is...my hair is just starting to do that curly thing, and I'm loving it! Went natural about a year ago from years of relaxers and I love it...now I'm just impatiently waiting for my hair to grow some more...

i'm in an exercise funk and need to shake it. i want to blame not working out w/my trainer twice a wk while he's getting his sports rehab place up & running, but can't. it's me.

Maybe a new class? Anything interesting going on via extension classes in your area?

reached that place where your told you look great enough you almost don't feel you need to do the work, well i do - because exercise clears my head/ i sleep better & eat better.

today - yoga & 30min walk w/my chubby lapband needing lab

Hang in there, Luluc! You definately have the discipline, maybe it's time to take up a sport - if you haven't already?

I confess! I haven't worked out nearly as much as I should have since being banded. My bandaversary is coming up in just over a month, April 8th. My "year check up" is the 26 of Mar. I'm ashamed of my weight loss. I want to be under 200 lbs by my appt in three weeks. Right now, I am at 206 from 272.

Godshelp - you have lost almost 70 pds in a year! That's awesome - I hope I match those numbers!

I need help. Hope posting here will help to motivate me.

We are all about motivating each other - what are you doing right now for exercise? We have lots of people doing different things on this thread...

Thinking about going back to Curves now that they have their Smart Machines to help keep us working harder all the time (no plateaus). What do you guys think? Jillian Michaels says circuit training is key. Help!!!!!!!!! My exercise goal is to workout at least 5 days a week. circuit training Monday, Tuesday, Thrusday, and Friday rest on Wednesday and Sunday, and cardio on Saturday. It would be great if I could find the motivation to workout twice a day . Trying to find it here.

If you aren't currently doing 5 days a week, start with one more day than you are doing now. If that means going from no days to one day, then so be it. Push yourself a little farther or a little faster every day. In a couple of weeks, add another day or some additional time. You'll find some real strong folk on this thread - some of the workouts they do are phenominal!

I started by just walking regularly - I have a dog that needs to go out every morning or he'll make a mess of the house...he's what gives me my baseline.

Then I added a walk at lunchtime at work - weather permitting. Each week I either try to go faster or farther and note my percieved level of effort - if I'm breathing harder and sweating, I'm doing good.

After that, I started rowing - my DH brought me home a rower from the gym. I started at 10 minutes, then worked up to 20, and now I'm doing 30 minutes with 40 on the horizon.

To paraphrase Nike - Just Get Started! Whatever you do that is more than the day before is great...start where you are and keep going. You've done so well - now it's time to put on another level of effort and keep moving.

Let me know how you're doing! :unsure: