Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Exercise challenge

Haven't seen this yet for March, so here goes. Same rules as always, not so much a challenge as a way to keep us all motivated.

I took this weekend off. Needed it badly apparently.

This morning I ran 2 miles @ .5% incline in 16:47. Ran another 1/2 mile @.5% incline in 4:47. Followed that with 10 minute cooldown and 20 minutes on elliptical.

Tonight will be heavy upper body supersets. Maybe some more cardio, hopefully.

i'm in.

finished feb (sat) 1hr cardio: 30min elliptical / 30min stairmaster

yesterday - off

today - yoga class this afternoon & will sneak in 30min of some sort of cardio

I'm in! I've been going to the gym on a regular basis. This will help.

Yeah, it helps having virtual accountabilibuddies.

Of course, some are just annoying like luluc.:party:

Figured you would be quick with a retort.:hurray:

working from home this AM....got "Busy" time here while it's actually up & running for a change & to keep me entertained while on a con call....:party:

got snow?

working from home this AM....got "Busy" time here while it's actually up & running for a change & to keep me entertained while on a con call....:mellow:

got snow?

Unfortunately, yes. Got 8" of snow last Thursday. Supposed to be in the 40's by Wed. Gotta love MN weather.:party:

I'm supposed to be working on the day shift schedule. Had a headache from the time I entered the dept this morning.:hurray:

Yeah, it helps having virtual accountabilibuddies.

Of course, some are just annoying like luluc.:cool2:

LOL!!:thumbup:

Today: 3/2

elliptical 15 min

tredmill 15 min (I ran a few times for a fisrt :mellow:)

bike 5 min

stairs 5 mins

:thumbup:

I did 45 min. on stationary bike. 12.79 miles on Random Hill. Man, it was KILLER this time. All big hills and only small rests. I thought I was going to die!

Last night was heavy upper body supersets and they KILLED. I went to bed last night and my arms were already getting sore. It's good to get that once in awhile.

This morning, up and in the fitness ctr at work for cardio again. Ran 2.15 miles @ 1% incline in 19:47. Followed that with 10 minute cooldown and 20 minutes on elliptical. Gonna try for another 35 minutes elliptical today. Tonight will be leg supersets.

Today: A very very slow walk. 4% 1.42 miles 30 minutes.

I have not exercised for over three weeks. I still have some crazy healthy issues going on. Lab results are in and I have a meeting this Friday with my OBGYN doctor to discuss the results. My hormones are so out of balance.:blush:

I've been mixing it up a bit - I've read Fraser (my 13 year old son) the riot act. He had a shocking game of basketball saturday, he could barely keep up, he was obviously having trouble breathing (he's been slack with his asthma meds) and is having a dry spell as far as scoring baskets goes. So he just gave up and even cried.

We have GOT to get him fitter. He's 76kgs (he's only an inch or two shorter than me so he's not tooooo bad yet) but he's well on the way to being obese and his physical condition is appalling. He has no motivation to do anything, he's inherently very very lazy, thank god he's academically quite gifted becuase he puts no effort into school work either.

soooo... this is relevant, I promise .... we bought some Tae Bo dvd's and the Aussie Biggest Loser boot camp one. Brutal, lol. I found muscles i didnt know I had, I did the whole of each DVD, Fraser did a solid half an hour and was obviously shattered so he stopped then. He's been good - even enjoyed them. I also had Eliza begging me to ride to school, so fit in a couple of 8K runs as well and my normal circuit routine. I've been kinda tired, wow, wonder why?

Speaking of circuits, its time to switch it round again. My body responded really well to the sandbag weights, but the benefits are waning now. I'm moving onto more Body Pump style stuff - got a 4DVD pack of Jari Love's ripped series coming in the mail $20 on ebay YAY and a $10 aerobic step that as $9.99 on ebay - double YAY.

Whilst waiting I"ve done a few Body Pump classes at the gym - i'd rather do them at the gym than at home but I just cant make it to the classes dependably round my schedule. I found my first one disappointingly easy - I hadnt done one for probably 2 years and have a hazy memory of burning pain in the thighs, lol, but I could squat and lunge all day these days. Note for next one, need heavier weights.

Doing Cardio Coach on the treadmill tonight - Pump is supposed to be a cardiovascular workout too but I doubt my heart rate went over about 90 - I didnt break a sweat.

Tomorrow I'm starting a baskeball referee course for the McDonalds Hooptime which is a school kids comp - I'm going to ref a few of the littlies games during the school year.

I had an awesome run! Did my 3 min. warm-up walk and then ran for 37 min and I got the whole 5K in. For the first time! Then I walked the reset of the time out.

I can't believe I did a whole 5k! :blush: