Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Barb,

I was banded on the 23rd, and my stomach swelling is pretty much gone, though occasionally the port site aches or is uncomfortable. It sounds like you have exactly the same wounds that I do, and my port site is below the left breast also.

I am concerned about the hunger. I had lost 20 pounds (which includes the pre-surgical diet weight) as of a week after surgery, but I am so hungry now, and am having a lot of trouble keeping my eating in check. I added lowfat cottage cheese about 3 days ago, and am eating a lot of it. It only keeps me feeling full for about 45 minutes. I guess this is what they call bandster hell. I'm still over 3 weeks away from my first fill.

Hang in there!

kittygirl

I eat scrambled eggs now, or poached. I eat a little mozzeralla chz... a little saltine crackers, tuna, any Soups, ww tst chicken and even salads, but I eat very slow and chew...chew...chew... Haven't had any problems at all. Just eat healthy... I noticed my restriction isn't that much, I can't wait until my first fill, then It will be even more restricted and I will have to be more careful on portion size.

Barbie are you losing weight right now? Do you just eat three small meals a day. I feel like I drink to much (water and Decaf ice tea) I haven't learn to sip yet. But I feel like that is all I do is drink.

Hi guys, yeah I hear that about the first fill , I don't have much restriction , when he did my surgery he filled a bit but it was too much to start , he unfilled when i went back in a week. I did not get shoulder pain but got alot of that under the rib or breast pain and if I went on a car ride for too long , like when i went to my week appt, man I was in so much pain i couldnt sit down in the waiting room, the office is like 45 minutes from my house, well on the way back I dont even know how I made it home, the pain was so bad I thought I was gonna have to call an ambulance, I walked around a bit then I started these long loud burps, and I got relief. Did everyone get staples?? I got liquid bandage which was great and it stays on through showers and everything, i got banded on the 21st april and I still have it, its like your own skin almost. I am drinking a Protein Shake for Breakfast , I got this huge can of Bariatric shakes from "all the whey.com" for 30.00 the chocolate mouse is awsome, just 8 oz skim milk or Water and i add some ice and blend. But i think im eating too much though , i need a fill. When you get your fills, know that the band is tighter in the morning, its a strange feeling. Goodluck everyone.

Today is day 10 since my surgery and I get to move to mushies tomorrow...thank goodness! I'm not that hungry and I think it's because I stayed away from anything with too much sugar during my liquid phase....very little fruit juice. I stuck to Protein shakes and Soup. But to be honest, I got very tired of both and skipped many, many "meals". It was either that or cheat and I figured cheating would be worse.

I am losing a pound a day but I'm already preparing myself to expect that to either stop or even reverse once I move to mushies. I am still planning to try to avoid too much sugar during mushies...I truly dread that painful, gnawing hunger I had during the pre-op phase. Going to try and keep it Protein based.

As for restriction, I have none yet..but I expected that. I don't think my doctor put any Fluid in during surgery and I am not one of the lucky ones that feels restriction just because the band is there. So for people that are concerned about everything going down well, that's how it's supposed to be. Your first fill probably won't do the trick either...I've seen people say it took them 3,4 or even 5 fills until they felt true restriction. So that could be months from now!:thumbsup: It's a good time to start practicing the bandster rules of protein first and also watching those carbs/sugar intake.

Right now, my chief concerns are how itchy my scars are and how much pain I feel on my left side...at what I thought was port site...but it's not! I was feeling my stomach last night and it felt like my doctor put the port dead center of my body...not too happy about that!

WOW! Many of you have GREAT weight loss since surgery...I've lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks (with my post-op diet only 400-500 cals/day), but I'm happy with it as I'm a low BMI'er. The swelling is down a lot now.

Just a reminder because I've seen a few new faces here on this pre-op thread and I'm not sure everyone has found us:

We have our very own April Forum with lots of threads going, click HERE. Join us and add your name to the 'Dates Only' thread.

Hello to all,

I too am an April banster. April 27th. At my May 5th app. I was down 11lbs......Cant being to explain how emowering the weight coming off is..Onederland probably means weighing blelow 200..i dont know. I'm haiting this liquid stage