Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I took a laxative yesterday and that seemed to help the gas a lot (we'll see what happens today). Before that I wasn't passing gas at all. Have been taking the GasX consistently and using the heating pad too (and walking).

I am being banded on April 29 and I'm very very nervous. mmAt my initial referal I was 388 and at my consultation I was 358. I'm now 319. I feel frsutrated that I know I can't get thin on my own.

Very nevrous because I'm being banded on April 29. On September 29, 2008 I was 388 and On October 31 I was 358. I am now 315 and nI am going crazy. I read the books about the worst case scenarios and I am convinced that they will all happen to me. I have two kids aged 3 and 2 and not picking them up for weeks simply isn't possible. I know that this surgery is necessary for me to get down to a reasonable weight and I guess I find that embarressing as well.

Hi everyone,

Letting you all know I'm doing ok now after surgery on the 23rd. It has been a better recovery than expected and is much easier now that I can have full liquids (protein drinks, milk, yoghurt, smoothies, pureed Soups, etc).

Congrats to all the bandsters. For those yet to be banded, don't forget to check in after surgery so we know you're ok.

Also, don't forget the July 4th challenge for the bunny bandsters. If you'd like to participate, please go HERE.

Finally, you can find an updated list of all April bandsters HERE. Names in bright pink mean that person has checked in after surgery (so they are our 'confirmed banders'). Please let me know: if there are any errors, if there are any changes in dates, anyone missing from the list.

Hi Pharmagirl,

Glad to hear you are doing okay. Sure makes a difference when you can have full liquids instead of only clear. Hang in there, it gets better day after day.

:smile:Thanks for keeping the list updated too!

Hi All,

My forum skills are rather primitive, but I really wanted to reach out to VADarlene, who is having her banding tomorrow. If you're out there Darlene, know that we're all cheering for you. I'm sure you'll do great! They were great at Roanoke Memorial.

I had my banding on April 23 and am going back to work (a two hour drive) tomorrow. I'd like to have another day or so to rest up, but this is a new job and its critical that I not miss any time, so off I go. Once I'm there, I'm there through the end of the week, so there won't be a lot of driving after that - just riding a desk!

I'm doing great, other than the gas. Am hoping that will subside soon. I confess I haven't been taking GasX or anything for the gas, but will start tomorrow. I've been walking every day, which does help. I am hungry all the time, but it appears that this is normal for a lot of folks, so I'm taking it minute by minute. I haven't had any pain meds since Thursday night, so I should be OK to drive. I'm no stoic, I just didn't need really have any pain, other than mild discomfort while lying down.

Good luck to all who are being banded this week! :laugh:

Kittygirl

Still doing relatively okay. No energy though. The clear liquid diet leaves a lot to be desired. Thankfully tomorrow I can start with Protein Shakes, yogurt and creamy strained Soups. I think that I have finally gotten past the gas stage. Last night I didn't need and GasX or heating pad and only had 1 pillow. WOOT WOOT!!! Well, today is another day. Hope everyone else is doing well.

I was Banded on 4/20/09. I am a week out. I definitely had a harder time then I thought I would. I think I am having pain where my port is....I don't know. It is right above the larger incision. I never saw my Dr before surgery and after he talked to my husband for just a couple minutes but didn't tell him anything other then things went well. So I am feeling a bit lost as to where things are and why it huts so much. I called to talk to the Dr on call but he said he couldn't tell me anything to call my surgeon tomorrow. Weight wise I am doing great I have lost almost 40lbs in the last month and a half between the liquid diet and being on Clear Liquids now. So that is good. I am not used to not being busy and this has really slowed me down.

Hello Everyone!!

I am BRAND new to the board and will be banded tomorrow!! I am extremely nervous but excited at the same time!!

Good luck to everyone and congrats!

XO

Mrs. Mad

I am getting banded tomorrow!!!

Yea - the day is finally here - 8 hrs to go and I will be in the Opr Room!!!

I was banded on the 17th. I am 10 days out and doing really good. I just started mushies, but I'm not hungry. Trying to get all of my Water in but overall I am doing great. I am down 9 lbs. since surgery and hoping that it just keeps falling off. I am so happy that I had this done!!!! I should of had it done a long time ago. But better late then never!!!!:unsure:

Good Morning to everyone well only a couple more days and we will all be done. OMG I can not believe my turn is tomorrow I am so nevrous. But I know this is what I need. Today is going to be a real fun day, liquids only all day. I am keeping my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter today to keep me busy ( she may not want to go home after eating Jello and popsicle all day)lol. Congrats to everyone that has been banded already. I hope everyone is doing great. Talk to you all real soon.

I did it! Yea!! The surgery was easy. I can't believe that I am now banded!!:ohmy: I was so worried, but the surgery was so easy. Now the hard part-healthy living. Thank you all so much for your support, couldn't have done it without you!:unsure:

I was just banded yesterday April 27. I chose the outpatient option and after reading a lot of posts on here I became fairly nervous about not staying overnight. However, I had a great experience! I arrived at the hospital at 7:45am, got into surgery at 9:15 (a bit earlier than planned), and it took only 70 minutes. I had my x-rays at 1:15pm and left the hospital at about 2:50pm. I was moving around well and loved being at home and getting into my own bed. I couldn't sleep that afternoon, so I moved to the living room and watched some TV. I easily slept through the night. Something that really helped me was buying a body pillow and sleeping with that under my knees. I also set an alarm and woke up during the night to take some pain meds. When I woke up this morning I felt great! I'm moving around easily and used the GasX stripes which really helped me.

Good Luck to everyone else! This is such an exciting time for everyone.

Well I was banded on April 28. The surgery went well. They had a few problems trying to find my vein for the IV so I think that was the most painful part of the entire surgery. Surgery started at aobut 11:30 and I was back in the car on the way home at 3:30.

I had a lot of gas in my chest and shoulder I think on the port side. Also had the usual soreness at the insicions. DH is being great. Letting me rest and watching our 2 year old. I am taking Tylenol Extra Strength liquid and I guess it is working pretty well. The only thing I have eaten is about a cup of Jello and drink part of a Crystal Light. I am really not hungary but I know I have to have something in my stomach to take the meds.

Thanks for all the support. I am really looking forward to my new life and celebrating my new birthday every year.