Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congratulations Erica!! Doing the happy dance with you!:rolleyes:

I get my surgery tomorrow with Dr. Simpson in Phx. Any and all advice welcome!! Should I stay overnight? I have a choice.

Edited by Vinca

I get my surgery tomorrow with Dr. Simpson in Phx. Any and all advice welcome!! Should I stay overnight? I have a choice.

I stayed over night and I am glad I did. the IV pain meds were great as was the hospital bed for sleeping. The first night I tried to sleep in my own bed I had a really really hard time due to the gas and then getting out of bed was very painful. At first I did not want to stay overnight but my doc requires it so in the end I was very glad I did.

I stayed over night and I am glad I did. the IV pain meds were great as was the hospital bed for sleeping. The first night I tried to sleep in my own bed I had a really really hard time due to the gas and then getting out of bed was very painful. At first I did not want to stay overnight but my doc requires it so in the end I was very glad I did.

I stayed overnight and glad I did too for the reasons stated by the above poster. The IV pain meds were great and so was the non-flat bed. When I started the prescription meds they didn't help as much and glad I had the day of IV meds. I even watched some movies and favorite shows on the TV which doesn't happen at home with a very active toddler.

Edited by Allformyson

I had the option of staying overnight and decided to come home. My honey took the weekend off and he took great care of me. There is no place like home. My Bed was uncomfortable at first but I got used to it. I wanted to do everything normally so I would know what to expect.

I have my date of this Sunday, April 29. I'm starting to get kind of scared as I have never had any surgery before. My wife was banded last Sunday and is now doing well. She had a fair amount of pain on Sunday night and Monday. Wish me luck!:smile: Should I be so nervous??

Well I am one step closer to the prize. I had my pre-op testing done today. My date is April 29. And I am getting very very nervous. :smile:

Edited by help1977

Banded on april 21, 2009

I just wanted to let everyone know, I made it through. I was an out patient surgery. Two hours later. I was resting in my own bed. I currently feel okay just a little sore.

Thank you guys for posting your positive results!! I get my band on the 26th and am so nervous i'm sweating bullets! I want the surgery to be over!

Hello and thanks for all the replys, I did it!! Got banded on the 21st, I didnt tell alot of family I was doing it because I didnt want to hear any negative comments or just anything that would scare me, I kept my self calm, it went great, it was over in no time, I walked myself to my hospital room as I decided to stay overnight and glad I did. My gas pain wasnt too bad I dont think , a lady next door to me was having bad shoulder pains due to the gas so i'm glad I didnt get that. Those of you about to get banded, don't even worry, just burp alot, let the gas out , drink your tea, Water, crystal lite, and walk every hour youll be just fine. God Bless! By the way I havent had anything but motrin for pain since I got home.

Edited by Vinca

Hi All,

I had my banding yesterday and an overnight stay at the hospital. It wasn't too bad, other than getting up at 3 am to head to the hospital. I'm home and hungry - definitely a good sign I think, since it means I'm recuperating. Off to bed now - more later.