Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im Elizabeth 30 years old, I am a new member who had lapband fitted on 2/16/09 I live in the UK and decided to have this surgery after a long battle with my weight, I have already lost quite a bit and its only week 2! I am eating very little but still getting used to the idea that I will never be able to over-eat! I would love to hear from other new members as we can support one another through our long journey to our target weight. Best of luck to you all.

Elizabeth :)

Hi Elizabeth and everyone " my name is Dee I have not yet had the Lab-Band done, but it will be this comming month of March not too sure on the date but it will be in March. Can you please let me know how it feels after getting it done and how you feel and what can I expect, How much have you lost in theses 2 weeks. Thanks for all your support:thumbup:

hello elizabeth

i got my band two days ago. I am still having alittle discomfort when i move. i am looking forward to my journey ahead. if you would like yu can keep intouch to see how we both progress. good luck!!

hi clyde,

Congratulations on your op, I hope you are feeling better, I did type a reply over the weekend but its not on here!How you feeling? I hope you are now pain-free and up and about. Be good to hear how you're getting on my email is ehaghirian@yahoo.co.uk

Hi Elizabeth and everyone,

I too live in England and my name is also Elizabeth, lol! I will be getting my band on April 7! I am very excited and a bit nervous. I have been lurking at this site for monthes now and I think it's a great resource for people. I will be using the Elyzea Clinic in Belgium, who did you go through for your banding? Just being nosey!

Anyway, nice to meet you and good luck!

Liz :)

Hi Elizabeth,

Wow! What a coincidence! I had mine done through the national obesity surgery centre in London. obesitysurgerycentre.com thats the website if you want to know more. Cost was £7700. My email is ehaghirian@yahoo.co.uk would be great to hear how you get on and if you need to ask me anything about it feel free to do so! Best of luck, Liz

Hi Elizabeth and everyone,

I too live in England and my name is also Elizabeth, lol! I will be getting my band on April 7! I am very excited and a bit nervous. I have been lurking at this site for monthes now and I think it's a great resource for people. I will be using the Elyzea Clinic in Belgium, who did you go through for your banding? Just being nosey!

Anyway, nice to meet you and good luck!

Liz :rolleyes:

Hi Liz,

How you doing? I hope you are well. I wonderd who your surgeon was?

Regards,

Liz

Hi Liz,

My doctor is Thierry Mignon at the Elyzea Clininc in Belgium. Everything is going well. I still have a few weeks yet to get my band and the waiting is killing me! I am not a very patient person, lol! We have made the final travel plans and I have dropped my payment in the post. Wow, that was a big cheque to write! But other then the waiting everything else has gone smoothly. We have booked a hotel/resort in France at the Belguin border. They have Water slides and heated indoor pools, horseback riding, mini golf ect... I was worried about what to do with my kids and then we found this place so I know they will also have fun. I didn't want to ruin their spring break (they only get a week) by making them stay at home or at the clinic with me all the time. So, now I just need to wait until April 7!!!! I think that is going to be the hardest part!!!

Anyway, how have you been doing? Have you had any problems or has it been a great success? Would like to hear more about how your getting on..

Take care!

Liz

Hi Liz,

Sounds like a lovely place you are going to, and its good that your kids will be busy having a nice time, how old are they? I have a 13 month old boy (Ryan) he is now starting to stand without holding onto anything, I think it wont be long before he starts to walk! I feel fine, surgery scars are healing well, I am still trying to get used to how little I am able to eat! I am due to have my fill on 14th April and I know once that happens will have to eat even less, I am losing weight slowly I have lost nearly 6kg which is not bad considering 21 days since surgery, I have about 22kg to lose to get to a healthy BMI of 25. My brother-in-law who also had surgery on the same day as me has lost more around 8kg, each person is different. It won't be long now before your big day! Best wishes, Liz