Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your New Fave Place to Shop

110 lbs ago, I was dying to shop anywhere but Lane Bryant and/or Avenue. Now that I can wear more things and show off my style, I am having a really hard time finding my new go-to store. I am inbetween a 14-16 right now so there are still a few places that I cannot buy anything from just yet, but hopefully soon I will be able to go into any store I want!

So, May bandsters, what I want to know is, what is your new favorite place to buy your clothes and what is your goal store???

Hey Michelle!!!! This is SUCH a good question. Right now I'm about a 14 in bottoms, depends on 14 or 16 for the tops, but I'm still in the "fat chick" mentality of not wanting to go buy clothes but I really need them. I would like to know what stores are good places to go for nice clothes at a good price because hopefully I will need new ones in a couple months!

My goal I think is to be able to buy stuff from stores like Buckle or just a regular department store without going to the "plus size" section. I have been plus size for so long I don't know where to get smaller clothes...

Honestly, I love to shop right now wherever the deals are! i find great buys at Kohls', Hamricks, Charlotte Rouse, anywhere!! And it's fun to pay less than $10 for tops. I find Walmart $15 jeans to be just as good a fit (I will say Lee's are about the only brand that I like in fit...)

Sadly though, I owuld love to wear Buckles, but I find them to be fitted more for the juniors. Still too snug in the shldr/bust area even though I''m in a misses med/lg.

hi ladies!! well i have to say, for now i've been stuck at a 16/18, it all depends on the cut of jeans. in tops, im a M/L again,depends on the top. i still shop at old navy, and torrid when i have the extra cash. torrid is too expensive,so i save that place for a special occasion. but when i go into old navy, i feel like i have more of a selection...i don't have to stick with the big girl boring patterns(we've all been there;you know what i mean!:tt2:). its SO nice to have variety! but i can't wait to shop at my goal stores: guess, betsey johnson, bebe, and cache. really tho, i just can't wait to pop into any store and not worry if the clothes is going to fit or not...that day can't come soon enough :thumbup:

I went into Charlotte Russe and was so sad to see that I still cant fit into anything there (wearing a missys 14, and the biggest size they carry in my local store is a juniors 13).

I am trying to keep in mind that less than a year ago I wouldnt have even had the guts to go in! So I think we are all doing fabu-less-ly and we have to remember that when we are out shopping!

So far, some of the stores I am dying to shop in:

• I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Guess accessories store but my feet are still too fat I think to fit in thier shoes, lol. Soon enough, soon enough....

• Victorias Secret. Five years ago I got a gift certificate for X'mas from there (not sure what my step mom was thinking...) and DH overheard someone say "She knows she is too big to be going in there". I will not step one toe in there again until I at my goal weight, then I say screw them all and whatever they are thinking! Bitches!

• ALDO shoes- My shoe size has already gone down a 1/2 size so I dont want to spend too much on any one pair until I am at my goal. I wouldnt want such hot shoes to go to waste ; )

Nice post! I have found some good deals at fashionbug.com but I really don't think the quality is that of Lane Bryant. I am tall so I have to get 12 and 14 talls. I also have no waist so I get the low waisted jeans or they go clear to my boobs. Body type is such a wierd thing. This makes shopping not always easy. If anyone has any more ideas please post them. I am loving shopping and trying on clothes again.

I really love Macy's. I know they have plus stuff but their regular stuff is really nice. I really like their "Inc" brand. I also like Ann Taylor. Bought a pair of 14's their and now they are too big. I think their sizes run a little big. Fashoin bug is nice too and it is cheaper than the other two places.

• ALDO shoes- My shoe size has already gone down a 1/2 size so I dont want to spend too much on any one pair until I am at my goal. I wouldnt want such hot shoes to go to waste ; )

ohhhh yes!!! I LOVE ALDO's!!! my foot's wide no matter what my weight but if there's a strap along the front part, and with i high heel, i can pull it off at any weight. but i have this one pair, that i only wore about twice, ballooned to 275, and couldn't get my foot back in :hurray: i had saved them in the back of my closet "so when i loose weight..." well i tried them on a month ago, and HURRAY they fit like a charm! i can't wait to go back in the store and shop for more cute pairs! :hurray::tt2:

I am buying mostly 8s and 7s at this point and getting ready to start buying 6s.

I shop frequently at TJ Max and Marshalls. I have started buying a few things at Victoria Secrts through their online store and catalogue. LOVE THEIR CLOTHES!!

When I hit my goal -- only 14 lbs more -- I am buying something GORGEOUS from St. John.

No more Lane Bryant for me thank god! I now shop at the store I been peeking in for years, and that is New York & Company. I'm loving it!!

Hey guys...some ideas from a bargain shopper. I hit goal last October and have been having fun with the shopping. We spent a month in FL so needed all new summer clothes. Did most of it online. Gap/Banana Republic/Old Navy site. I got $7 capris and $5 tshirts. Also found some things on Amazon.com and Macys.com. All for REALLY great prices.

I also LOVE TJ Maxx and Ross. You can find some great name brands for a lot less than regular department stores. I, too, need a tall and most of the online stores carry 4 tall which is tough to find in a store. Overstock.com has some nice name brand clothes but find they are a little more expensive than other sites.

When I was in the weight loss process, I picked up my tops at Walmart or Target. It got me through until I hit goal. Happy Shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello All, Now that I am able to close out my Lane Bryant credit card my new favorite place to shop is Marshalls. I use to love their clothes but could never find anything that would fit. Being 5'1 it was extra difficult since everything was not only too small but too long. I am proud to say I love Marshalls petite department. It is strange to admit I now have problems on the other end of the spectrum. A lot of the 6P are now too big and they do not carry to many 4P pants - but if that is my issue then I can definitely find a way to deal with it. Also, Old Navy sells petite in most of their pants online as well. I ordered 3 pairs of size 4 short or petite pants from them last night. Hope this can be helpful to any other shorties out there. Good Luck all - keep up the good work. Kim :biggrin:

No more Lane Bryant for me thank god! I now shop at the store I been peeking in for years, and that is New York & Company. I'm loving it!!

I :drool: NY & COMPANY!!! I buy all of my work clothes from there!

I am so jealous of anyone that lives close to a shopping mall that have NY & Company, Ross or TJ Maxx. I am 2.5 hours away from any of these stores! But saw your posts on NY & Company and thinking I will be making a trip this next week and pay them a visit!