Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone notice Post Banders are a bit snobbish?

Are post banders elite compared to pre banders, multi-choice  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are post banders elite compared to pre banders, multi-choice

• No dan2001xj they just don't like you
    • Yes dan 2001xj I agree, let's shoot em the bird
    • I'm just voting because I hate dan2001xj
    • I think dan2001xj has some great ideas, he's groovy

Who invented that term anyway?? Up-chuck-a-chunk is more appropriate.

there is absolutely NO burping involved......

i like it BJean:

up-chuck-a-chunk:wink:.......

Well for what it is worth I personally see a fine line between pre banders and knowing everything and postbanders who definetly think they know everything. What I do know for certain is opinions are like buttholes, everyones got one and some stink. I think dan is the man and you made me giggle on this one. :thumbup:

Miztrniceguy: "i'm not snobbish, but I am a smart-ass, cuz its better than being a dumb-ass."

And Miztrniceguy, you don't speak to the pre-banded because they are all dumb-asses, eh?

Yes, i speak to anyone regardless of pre or post band...and i never said anyone was a dumbass, banded or not, only my preference for which i would rather be.

seriously... I think the LBT/post band vets are just very "cliquey". I rarely ever feel welcome to comment or anything because I rarely get responses.

I do look at the things they post though for help. As for communicating witt hem though... I stop wasting time were Im not welcome.

You aren't alone dan!

seriously... I think the LBT/post band vets are just very "cliquey". I rarely ever feel welcome to comment or anything because I rarely get responses.

I do look at the things they post though for help. As for communicating witt hem though... I stop wasting time were Im not welcome.

You aren't alone dan!

Couldn't have said better myself my beachy-dwelling friend!

You aren't alone dan!

So sorry that you feel that way.. I only started posting on LBT 5 months ago or so, but I've never felt that way. It could be because I may be more forward or opinionated than you might be. I'm not sure. Either way, I hope you will join in and feel welcomed. I for one would not want to discourage anyone from talking and responding. If I did that to you, please forgive me. ok?

You, too, Donnainva. So sorry.

Wasn't going to respond to OP since it was a 'joke', but after seeing some responses, and knowing this topic has come up before I felt like speaking up!

My quick response to this perception is this---

When you're new to banding, and new to the forum you're extremely gung-ho and all over the place. You post all over, repeat the same questions the new bander before you did, etc. You can't wait to help someone as you discover something (You were just asking about fills, now your first fill is here, the newer bander just asked about fills, you're more than happy to help!).

The gung-ho wears off, and you settle into a groove, you've met some people from the forum (some of us lucky enough to meet RL!!) and for some of us, it monopolizes most of our time- monthly groups, or R&R, etc.. I don't have questions about fills anymore, so I rarely go to fills area. Likewise to a lot of different areas on the forum. That's kind of like someone saying (to a new bandster) that they are snobbish because they don't go to all the "Local" forums of every location and talk to people. It's just not where you end up.

If I have a lot of free time I will wander to areas that have nothing for me information wise, to try to help others out if I can. I don't subscribe to threads, so I don't often see a response or follow up question. I may stumble across the thread again at some point, but by then it's been months since the thread was active and no need to even post again.

There's so many different personalities on the forum, and even more so the people who have a strong 'internet' personality.. newbies or oldies alike, can become confrontational, annoying, snobbish, overbearing, etc.

I don't think clumping any group together is fair.

The world takes all kinds of people!

I'm sorry, but I only have one thing to say to all of you...

ALL HAIL THE ADMINISTRATOR!!!!!

Awwwww, I am just kidding. Love_by_Jupiter_SG.gif

Hi all,

I didn't intend to post on this subject again as it was intended to be cheeky only but it appears a nerve has been struck and it may in fact be a real subject for debate.

So....:thumbup:.... on that note here is my nominee for future president of the I hate pre-banders club. Yes, I do realize she is also pre-band IN ADVANCE. It's only five or six posts so just a short Detour (I know some folks don't like to link away)

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/dr-consult-87843/

WTF, Dan you are absolutely right some here are very rude and uppity,some are worse than a recovered alcoholic talking to someone who drinks.You know the (I been sober for 2 years ) and that makes them an expert or something.But the great news is its a small percentage .

Huh?? You all get real!! This is a totally silly thread. Silly, silly, silly. And fun. Don't be a buzz kill, ya'll.

And damn Bamagal, you have every right to feel a little superior - what a great weight loss! (seriously)

Hi all,

I didn't intend to post on this subject again as it was intended to be cheeky only but it appears a nerve has been struck and it may in fact be a real subject for debate.

So....:rolleyes:.... on that note here is my nominee for future president of the I hate pre-banders club. Yes, I do realize she is also pre-band IN ADVANCE. It's only five or six posts so just a short Detour (I know some folks don't like to link away)

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/dr-consult-87843/

Wow! what a Bitch

Dan can't be a bitch, he's a guy.