Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone notice Post Banders are a bit snobbish?

Are post banders elite compared to pre banders, multi-choice  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are post banders elite compared to pre banders, multi-choice

• No dan2001xj they just don't like you
    • Yes dan 2001xj I agree, let's shoot em the bird
    • I'm just voting because I hate dan2001xj
    • I think dan2001xj has some great ideas, he's groovy

Huh?? You all get real!! This is a totally silly thread. Silly, silly, silly. And fun. Don't be a buzz kill, ya'll.

And damn Bamagal, you have every right to feel a little superior - what a great weight loss! (seriously)

LMAO Thanks BJean even though I never thought of myself as uppity or superior.I often find myself in a pickle because I come in and smack them old Bitches around for picky on the newbies,seriously I don't care how long you have been banded you just have one band or in rare instance you may have needed revision and had a two or three,my point is this your band and your weight loss experience means little to me and my journey the same as averages.We are all unique in our own way,and if you are having a moment and you come in here hungry and feeling let down by your band or your doctor we should not attack you with (how many carbs,Proteins ,calories or exercise did you do.)We should recognize this as what it is *venting* and say something encouraging and supportive and not beat you over the head because we lost weight and if you didn't then you must be doing something wrong.Well sorry didn't mean to rant but I think most will get my drift.If you don't then don't waste your time bashing me cause trust me I do not giva-sshit either way.

Edited by Bamagal

Bamagal, I think you really should chew your food more.

:rolleyes:

and I think pb is a really stupid abbreviation

Um, people, I was joking...

I have been communicating with people over the computer since the 80s -- before there even was an internet -- and at every board I've ever been on, I've seen this sort of discussion. This board isn't friendly to newbies! People who have more experience than me tell me things I don't want to hear!

It happens on boards that really are snobby and cliquish, on boards where people make no effort to moderate their tone of voice, on boards that are heavily moderated, one boards that are barely moderated, and on boards that are as welcoming as possible.

Which leads me to the conclusion that it's not the boards...

I find this board full of helpful information and friendly people. I like it so much that I stayed even after I decided not to get a band at all. And people were friendly and welcoming enough to be okay with my picking a different surgery than them (therefore being neither pre-band nor post-band). I am very impressed with that.

Not every board is right for every person and some people are going to be unhappy no matter where they are and convinced it's other people who are the problem, not their general approach to life. Shrug.

Bamagal, I think you really should chew your food more.

:rolleyes:

and I think pb is a really stupid abbreviation

:scared2: You mean 5 times is not enough?I been wondering why I have to eat with a trash can by the table. Thanks Donna ,do you think if I just chew more I could eat a whole 12oz steak and a baked potato? ROFLMFAO

I only felt this way once when I was on chat and I asked what slimming was and a member said he or she wished there was a chat for new people so they would not have to bother explaining things

this only happened once

- everything else has been fine

seriously... I think the LBT/post band vets are just very "cliquey". I rarely ever feel welcome to comment or anything because I rarely get responses.

I do look at the things they post though for help. As for communicating witt hem though... I stop wasting time were Im not welcome.

You aren't alone dan!

I think what you see as cliquey is actually genuine friendships amongst some bandsters (not all, there are groups who are bitchy and downright mean unnessecarily, I've come across them myself in the 2 years I've been on this forum). I know that some of us actually consider each other good friends and communicate outside this forum as well, some have even met up in person despite distances between where they live. We share parts of our lives outside of having a lap band. Like any friendship we band together (no pun intended) and support each other when we need it. Along with that comes our instinct to protect our own. When we defend each other, we're not trying to intentionally exclude people and make them feel alienated. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by She Smiles

I think what you see as cliquey is actually genuine friendships amongst some bandsters (not all, there are groups who are bitchy and downright mean unnessecarily). I know that some of us actually consider each other good friends and communicate outside this forum as well, some have even met up in person despite distances between where they live. We share parts of our lives outside of having a lap band. Like any friendship we band together (no pun intended) and support each other when we need it. Along with that comes our instinct to protect our own. When we defend each other, we're not trying to intentionally exclude people and make them feel alienated. Just my 2 cents.

what she said....:thumbup:

dan - change your name?

what she said....:thumbup:

dan - change your name?

Yep, took longer than I hoped but I was approved. I felt that I should seperate myself from Dan2001XJ, he draws too much attention.

Yes people, I do know that all of my old posts show under the new name, this aint my first rodeo, it's still funny....to me.

I have been on these boards for about 7 months, and I have to admit to never really being bothered by the cliques, nor have I felt ignored, or even felt like my opinion was less important than other's. Maybe I just have a thicker skin than most. :thumbup:

I also agree that this sort of complaint happens on all sorts of forums - people on forums behave the same as they do IRL, they get make friends and stick with like-minded people, they get tired of answering the same questions, so instead of sugar coating, they start telling it like it is (something I heard you quite like doing yourself, El Diablo).

But I don't think it's a reflection on the OP on a personal level. And I'm not saying there aren't people who could learn some tact, but I don't think it's about whether you're pre- or post- band. It's about the individual.

So to all those who felt like like they were ignored by post-banders - hey, I'll talk to you! :cursing: I'll always be nice, but I'll always be truthful too, which may mean I won't necessarily say what you want to hear, which is what you'll find happens in most threads most of the time.

YES! I am the first one to hate dan2001xj! Um..Who's Dan anyway?

YES! I am the first one to hate dan2001xj! Um..Who's Dan anyway?

Your new nemesis, the fly in the ointment, the monkey in the wrench, the sand in the vaseline, the gum on the bottom of your shoe, the boweevil in your flour, the hair in the Soup, the salmonella in your Peanut Butter.....I love a grand introduction.....It is I, Dan

Nice to meet you:biggrin:

Your new nemesis, the fly in the ointment, the monkey in the wrench, the sand in the vaseline, the gum on the bottom of your shoe, the boweevil in your flour, the hair in the Soup, the salmonella in your Peanut Butter.....I love a grand introduction.....It is I, Dan

Nice to meet you:biggrin:

You forgot the obligatory evil laugh!

You forgot the obligatory evil laugh!

I find it too hard to spell, mmmuuahahahahahah is that correct? I never know:cursing:

I have the same problem. Spell check doesn't include the correct combo of muahahaha...whatever.

What you can do is put: ...insert evil laugh...

Lame? Yes.

Effective? No.

Spelled correctly? Yes.