Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG, how freaking sensible is this?

If you're like me, you hate counting and measuring - calories, Protein, carbs, fat, whatever. You dont want to "diet" every again and you dont want to be obsessed with every morsel that you ingest. Is it the right thing, does it contain the right nutrition etc. I mean, I figure why swap a life obsessed with being fat for a life obsessed with being thin?

Lookie what I found :5-4-3-2-1 Diet Plan

How easy is that? It fits the Protein first model but it suits me as I believe wholegrain carbs are part of a healthy diet. It allows a little room for treats, which are a given on any diet that you can live with for life.

If you make your mixed together meals (casseroles, stews, even lunchtime sandwiches) sensible ones containing protein and vegies, then there should be no problem. Fatty Pasta dishes probably best avoided!

I'm going to practice this this month. I want to lose those last 4 kgs. I wonder if I *can* eat 14 bites in a meal, I've never counted.

anyway, hopefully that's helpful to some of you other non dieters.

Jachut,

On this diet, I couldn't determine....... Is fruit considered a "sweet" or a veggie? I eat a lot of berries, and am not sure where to count it.

Also, when they say bite, do they mean a normal person bite or a microscopic bandster bite?

Lol, it cant be very popular coz that one page is about all there is out there on it.

I would personally count fruit instead of a vegie at Breakfast and then as a sweet. From what it looks like fruit as Snacks also and Snacks arent counted?

dont know, its just a good guide if you're eating out and have no control over what's served to you. I mean, Breakfast for me is usually Cereal, so I couldnt do it, and lots of what I eat is all sort of mixed up together, and at dinner,there usually is no carb anyway. But counting bites is a good way to keep portions in control dont you think?

In playing round reading about this, I found some other guy who lost weight counting 90 bites per day, lol.

ROFLMAO - i nearly pb'd my dinner last night becuase I knew I was only going to get 14 bites, I made them REALLY big ones. This is kind of maybe not the same with tiny bandster bites!

Yeah that's interesting..I've never counted bites, so no perception of it, but I would think a non-banded person this would not be enough food..or they'd take extra large bites which would defeat the purpose right?

Hm.. let me know how it goes :thumbup:

Reporting back - bandsters may have to double this:

ie. 10-8-6-4-1 (10 Protein, eight vegies, six carbs, 2 sweet, 1 minute between bites) otherwise PB is sure to result, roflmao! Breakfast was either going to be a princely 40 calories or more bandster sized bites needed to be taken! 10 baked Beans, 1/w piece of toast and 2 cubes of watermelon doesnt go far when you're running 10k.

OK, so maybe I ought to do some housework today instead of looking up this shite on the net.

Lol, I've nearly pbd about 600 times week because I cant help trying to make my bites "count". It doesnt really work for bandster sized bites.

So... ah, maybe this wasnt such a great idea afterall.

I'm just off to have 14 bites of chocolate - becuase that's OK isnt it?

There's only 12 bites in a normal sized Hershey bar....you better make that 24 bites cuz you cannot open that second bar without eating the entire thing.