Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have ZERO restriction now...

I went in for a fill 2 days ago. She unfilled me to check and see how much I had in me and to check for leaks and things.

Then she added only a little more because I already had really good restriction. (I had lost 20 lbs since my last fill.)

Now I have NO restriction... none. zip. zero. zilch.

I called the office and she was like, you need to come in ASAP. So I will go in again next week. Hopefully I won't gain any weight this week. However, not having first bite syndrome has been nice!

Anyone know what could have happened? I'm thinking the saline just didn't get into my port?

That same thing happened to me around month 6/7. They withdrew to check the amount and then put right back in wiht the additional .5 cc, I had no restriction for 2 months it was all willpower. no loss, no gain. I pick with my dr as when he drew it out it got out that wrinkle. That is why i had such good restriction prior to that and none after. So slowly but surely I have gotten to restriction, but it is more like a Full feeling, I dont get that hard pain when I take one too many bites. I am 13 months out down 63 lbs. i have lost 2.0 since my dr appt last week. It is my sweet spot for now and may last for another month or so. I am sooooo close to goal. 8-10 lbs. Just breezin now. but workin my patutty off with cardio every day, it gets addicting.. WOO hoo Hang in there it will come back.:confused:

This is what I'm going thru right now. I went in 2 days ago for a fill. The week before they had taken out .25 because I was getting stuck everytime I ate anything. Of course after that I felt like I was wide open. So 2 days ago I asked them to put in a little, the dr. told the nurse to put the .25 back in since swelling had gone down. I feel hardly any restriction when I eat. I am eating about 1-1/2 cups of food, get full and stay full for about 3 hours. Is it possible the fill didn't make it in the port? Is this enough restriction to loose the pounds? I'm trying to figure out the inconsistency with these fills. (urghh)

I just went in for my very first fill on thursday, but I don't know know how much my dr. put in. But I feel like I had more restriction before my fill. should I call my doctor or give it another couple days to see. I know that I am not hungry now at all, but it seems like when I do eat everything goes down fine.

I'm in the same position.

Banded 12/31/08 and 1st fill 2/6/09.

I had more restriction BEFORE the fill and doing great!

Having no restriction at all, I've put on weight since the fill and am having trouble getting another fill; I'm currently scheduled for March 13. I can't wait that long, I don't want to undo all my weight lose.

OK, I could do better eating, I try, but I need this "tool" and it's not working at all.

Bandster Hell!

I had my 1st fill just over a week ago now i seem to be more hungry they only put 1cc in this time so now i have the 2 cc total in a 10cc band they didn't want to put to much in as i will be flying next week and they didn't want the band to be too tight i am worried now as i was doing really well i had lost 36lb now i am worried incase i start gaining again while i am on my trip my next fill isn't until march 26 is there any advice any one can give me

Were all in the same boat. I think for myself, the first fill was done when I still had some swelling in my stomach. So a week after the fill my swelling continued to got down and total restriction was actually less. Even though I had the fill it has been a long 3 weeks and 3lbs gained.

I think another fill should really help now that the swelling is definitely down.

I also believe that the unfill process during a fill can readjust things and make the fill react differently. I'm planning the next fill without any removal to avoid this potential change.

Well, they have slowly added the Fluid back in and I'm restricted again, but not as much as before.... I can't wait to get to where I was in January. I lost like 15 pounds in January!! I ended up gaining 3 pounds during this problem phase, but am now just back to where I was before... annoying, but oh well. I have an entire lifetime to fix this issue.

i just had surgery at the end of january and will be getting my first fill tomorrow. i'm a little worried because two days after that i will be flying (on an airplane, i'm not that talented) to visit my brother. have any of you heard anything/experienced any issues with flying so soon after a fill? i'm also worried about too much restriction and then being out of town, but i also want to start loosing weight! i've been stuck for the last 3 weeks now, its almost like i haven't had the surgery...

Hi Guys,

I had my first fill about 2 weeks ago. I'm still able to eat like a cup of food at a sitting. It just seems like allot to me from what I was told. Should I be worried or concerned? Would you call the Dr. ? My weight loss has slowed down some too.

Any advise is really appreciated, I'm a newbie at this :thumbup:

PS for lunch I just had a flour tortia and some hummus. Then a choc Protein bar.. Doesn't that seem like allot?

Edited by chuckandvicki
added a thought

I had my first fill 4 weeks post and feel no restriction whatsoever, I guess, the previous restriction was due to the swelling. i can eat as much and whatever I want. My next fill is next week... thank God. I didn't have the surgery to just will power it the whole time. ( obviously, I didn't do too well at that before).

I was told not to eat anything before ,during or after the flight and that i was to just have liquids because the altitude could tighten the band i had my fill over a week ago they wanted to give time for the swelling to go down incase i needed some liquid taking out so i am really looking forward to coming home so i can have another fill as i am really nervous about gaining the weight as i don't have any restriction

I had surgery two weeks ago to upsize my band and fix a bad slip. I had previously lost all my weight and since the surgery, only two weeks (!) I have gained 10 pounds. Granted, I was dehydrated and under weight actually, but I am freaking out until I can get a fill. I can't go to the gym yet either because it's been so soon after the surgery. No retriction after being way over restricted is a shock.

I was told not to eat anything before ,during or after the flight and that i was to just have liquids because the altitude could tighten the band

thanks! i asked my doc about this yesterday and he didn't know of any problems with flights, but it didn't seem like it had ever occurred to him. he only put in 2cc's, so we'll see how this goes. so far, so good. although he "tested the system" first by injecting about 10cc's, and that was one of the oddest feelings i've ever had! hopefully i won't have any issues on my trip...