Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2009 Exercise Challenge

This morning Eliza wanted to ride her bike to school, so I ran with her - 5kms there and 5kms back. quite easy because of course, I had a break in the middle whilst I put her bike in the rack, played with her int he playground till the bell rang and saw her into her classroom.

Only problem is they're doing roadworks out on the main road and i had to run UPHILL (so puffing like a steam engine) past about 50 workmen. Sheesh. Talk about feeling on show.

Now I'm going to the beach, its hot and sunny and the kids are safe till 3.30.

That's it, I am moving to Australia, where the weather is warm.

Today: Day off from exercise. I found my old yoga DVD and think I might try it tomorrow.

I did a coached workout at the track. We ran "ladders" and then stretched. I did okay on the stretching and the stuff that required all over and arm strength, but not the part that required leg strength. Hmm.

Ug, TQ, last week was five days all about 43 degrees c (that's about 110 to you guys). It was utterly stinking.

YOu dont want to come here at the moment. We have no freaking Water. We're on super duper strict Water restrictions, after 12 years of drought, all our gardens are dead, we've got about 20% in our water storage dams, so we're down to the crud at the bottom, and we've got crud for a state government too - rather than build a new dam in

East Gippsland where we had serious floods a year or two back that would have filled said dam, we're getting a desalination plant to suck water out of a power grid that cant even cope with a heat wave (half of Melbourne was without power last week). On top of that, the same stupid idiot government bought trains from a french manufacture, ignoring local producers, trains that cant cope with anything about 32 degrees c because their brakes fail - so hundreds of thousands of people stranded in the city in that heat with no public transport to get them home.

But hey, lets let in a couple of hundred thou more immigrants to put even more pressure on our overstretched infrastructure!

Vent over, lol.

Last night, leg workout. No cardio as I had to get home to type up my final paper for the class that ended last night.

This morning, 2 miles on treadmill in 16:36 with incline ranging btwn 0-1% about every .15-.25 miles. 5 minute cooldown and then on to the elliptical for 25 minutes including another 5 min. cooldown.

Back at it later today for about another 35 minutes.

today -

15min stairmaser - 42 floors

30min treadmill - walk @ 3.4mph & 5% incline...no running

15min stairmaster - 34 floors

**does a million loads of laundry this afternoon count too???**:cursing:

Got in another 1 mile run on the treadmill @ 8:20 w/1% incline. Followed that up with 20 minutes on elliptical.

Today: Rest day, back at it tomorrow. Well, I did dust off the yoga DVD, now I just need to pop it and work it.

I did my first coached swim. I learned that when I breathe, I lift my head. This makes me sink in the Water.

Interestingly enough, when I was MO, I never sank. :)

Anyway, it lasted about 1 hour 15 min. give or take.

I went to the pool again today and swam 40 laps - but I broke it into 2 lots of 20 with a long time laying in the sun, lol. I didnt push hard either. I'm doing a circuit tonight, that will be my main exercise for the day. I'll put more effort into that.

I know I'm going to regret it, I know I'll look 60 by the time I"m 50, and i know I have typical caucasian skin that tans but also has loads of moles and freckles, so lying in the sun could be deadly but I just cant help myself. I grew up in the 80's what can I say. Brown looks better. But here in Australia, you'd have to be an idiot to deliberately seek out the sun, let alone use a sunbed.

At least I'll be a muscular corpse.

Today: 4% incline on treadmill 3.53 miles jogging and power walking mix for 60-minutes.

I am trying to get to 4 miles in 60 minutes on a 4% incline by the end of next month.:biggrin:

Ug, TQ, last week was five days all about 43 degrees c (that's about 110 to you guys). It was utterly stinking.

I'm telling global climate is running amok, because here in sunny cali we are in severe draught mode too. There is not in enough snow in the Sierra.