Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breakfast ideas...

Hi

I have pretty tight restriction and cant eat anytme befor 11am sometimes later

i start the day with a couple of cappuchino's

but usually have 1 weetbix at around 11 am and i find that filling

but maybe not suitable for work either

what about hard boiled egg.....mashed n have it on vitawheet or your cracker of choice

slice of cheese on cracker with sloce tomatoe

some diced chicken with mayo

in a way it depends if you a Breakfast food person....personally i dont mind having some diced chicken or ham on vitawheet

think of snack type foods you like that are filling and some Protein.....some homemade quiche or zuchinni slice is healthy, n filling

a pita bread filled with some of the above Proteins

cold meatloaf with relish on a vitawheet

things you can have prepared in the fridge n just grab with some crackers....but nutritional

Leeanne:lol:

I do an instant oatmeal packet for breakfast. I can mix it up in a styrofoam cup and the company Water tank which has a hot spicket. Fast and very filling and only 2-3 points on weight watchers! I try to stay around 1200 to 1400 calories a day and yes, I still count points on Weight Watchers.

Ddem Im a calorie counter and have done that since day one

good on you for following the WW's

I think we all have to find the way that works for us

some of us do the above and others chose to just eat as usual but smaller portions

I guess for me i have spent 45 yrs dieting rofl and find the calories easy and also the WW recipes

thinkingslim....as you still in the early stages you can probably still eat bread/toast so there are a lot of good healthy grain breads that would be an option too with a Protein topping

bread is off the menu for me but what i do now is get some of my favourite bergan bread and i will spray a tray with the cooking spray and then pop it into the oven and let it get very crisp

then once its cool store in a good airtight container

its yumm with healthy toppings of Protein

and you can rub it with a clove of garlic before baking too

makes a change from the crackers and nice n crunchy

avocado n smoked salmon is a good topping

tuna, sardines, etc

a savoury egg is yumm to

hard boil eggs

peel, cut in half and scoop out yolk

mash yolk with salt, pepper, dash curry powder, dash vinegar and tiny amount of sour cream or mayo

mix well n put back into the egg halves:lol:

I eat breakfast at home, and I would get up earlier to do so if I was at work at the moment too. I love my breakie!

DH eats at work and keeps a couple of different cold cereals (decent ones like Weetbix and organic muesli), instant oatmeal (but its so much less satisfying than proper rolled oats) bread and basic spreads there. He also occasionally takes yogurt - but not horrid thin artificially sweetened ones - the good gourmet greek yogurt that's really really thick and has fruit on the top that you stir in - those do fill you and you can always stire some muesli in. But he gets very bored. You could also eat good muesli bars (not crappy kid ones) or take some nice cheese, like brie or a fruit and nut cheese and have that with crackers.

MY Dr. allows liquid shakes only for life, Atkins, Slim-Fast. I love Denny's Breakfast once in a while, gonna be hell changing to this. Those shakes do not fill me, unless they will work after I start getting fills.

MY Dr. allows liquid shakes only for life

bigsarge do i read that right....you are expected to only have shakes.....:thumbup:

Jachut your one of the lucky ones if you can eat very early.....im envious....big majority of bandits once you get good restriction just cant

good luck with finding some yumm things for brekkie thinkinslim:thumbup:

Leeanne

I make chocolate Souffle ahead of time. They will keep for the week if I make them on Sunday.

I do substitute sugar free dark chocolate for regular

I substitute splenda for sugar.

It is much easier to make then people seem to think, and it is like having dessert every morning. It goes down easy and has a lot of Protein.

I'm loving the Opti bars for breakfast. High in Protein and filling and only 3 points on ww. If you cant get through the whole thing it is great to nibble on also over the morning keeps away the hunger.

Oh Shaggs, don't tell me you will continue with Optifast afterr the surgery?!

My surgeon has told me I am not allowed to use any Meal Replacements after the liquid phase - he doesn't want me "dieting" ever again.

Today is my LAST DAY on Optifast, and thank christ for that! It is one of the most difficult things I have had to do. Thankfully it should be smooth sailing from here on in. Operation tomorrow!

Yeah I think I will have it after the op. Especially in the liquid phase, I think its good to focus on the Protein and high nutrients in that time to help heal while consuming very little. I'm definitely focussing on very high protein foods as they really agree with me and carbs are my absolute enemy - they send my spiralling into uncontrollable bingeing and never ending hunger and apparently chips and crackers etc` go throught he band really well so that is a really dangerous place for me. So I'm actually loving opti (now - withdrawals was hard in the first few days) and its just so convenient - I dont always have meat cooked but I can always whip up some opti. I cant believe I'm saying this after the past week and I still have 6 days to go so who knows!???? But no matter what - I'm not ever going back to regular carbs everyday.