Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just another pretty face in the crowd. . .

Quick intro:

Tiffany

32 years old, married, Air Force wife, insurance agent, mommy to a 10 year son, we live in NW Florida (might as well be Alabama), and I was banded on October 1, 2008. To date, I've lost right at 31 pounds. I'm in what is apparently called "bandster hell", it's miserable, I'm frustrated, but haven't given up. . . It's been an amazing journey thus far.

That's me in a nutshell. Thanks for having me, and hope I can get to know others for some much needed support.

Welcome Tiffany. I am so sorry you are in "bandster hell", it isn't a fun place to reside. Since you were banded Oct. 1, I would think that your banster hell days are probably getting close to being over. Hang in there! It gets better.

How many fills have you had?

Welcome Tiffany. I am so sorry you are in "bandster hell", it isn't a fun place to reside. Since you were banded Oct. 1, I would think that your banster hell days are probably getting close to being over. Hang in there! It gets better.

How many fills have you had?

Thank you so much for your encouragement.

I've had 2 fills (at only 3.5cc) and pretty much I'm past frustrated with my surgeon. He is extremely passive when it comes to fills, refuses to give "anyone" a fill more frequently that every other month, and even then he only gives 1cc. To me, it's quite ludicrous since by all the guidelines, I am too loose and my band should be adjusted. I understand filling it slowly, but every 60 days? I lost 20lbs the first 16 days, and have had to kick my butt for the other 11lbs. It's just frustrating, and I went in and pretty much vented my frustration and he gave me a 1cc fill 2 months after my first 2cc fill. . . It's crazy, I would switch surgeons if the other bariatric surgeon in our area didn't "make my skin crawl". I just feel trapped, I just feel like I am being treated like a "number in the little program" instead of an individual patient. I am calling my nurse next week to let know that the 1cc fill that I got on Jan 20th, has not accomplished anything. . .

I guess we'll see what happens. Thanks again for your words of encouragement.

I am sorry your surgeon is so lenient with the fills. That does mean, however, you probably are less likely to leave his office too tight. You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

I was in that place not too long ago -- but I finally have a fill that is right for me. My surgeon does once a month... I have 5 cc in a 10. Just try to be good and stay on track until you hit your spot, because when you do you will "get it". I really wondered if I had a band at all until I got my last fill. NOW I get it... It WILL come just try to develop those good habits now --- chew chew chew when eating and drink your Water throughout the day. It will come -- I promise, you just have to get the right 'fit" for you... Good luck and keep your eye on the PRIZE!