Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 4th.....band day!

Hi everyone, Im Kylie and I have just had my councelling and dietitian apt today I see the surgeon on the 9th Feb.

I am excited and nervous at the same time :ohmy: Im sure that is a natural feeling for everyone.....right?

If there are any good tips out there for me I would be very greatful.

Good luck to everyone :( Kylie

Hi Kylie congrats on the surgery date! I am being done on the 10th February and am currently on day 5 of the Optifast diet. Its not like I thought it would be and if I have any advice it would be to start weaning yourself off things now. Dont go cold turkey on Optifast - its too much to cope with on its own. Theres some recipes on my blog to ease the boredom of vegies and I wouldnt suggest gorging on the day before opti, try and stagger the hunger a little bit by not eating too much, it will make those first few days easier. There are so many people out there in cyber land in the same position as you so make sure you log on and share as much as possible - that helps HEAPS! There are some really wonderful caring people out there. Make sure you keep us posted on how you're going and thanks for sharing!

Hi Shaggs,

Thanks for the tips :redface: I have actually done Optifast b4 so I know how rough that can get the strawberry ones arent too bad! vanilla is the one I usually use. My husband is going to take me out for my "last" supper a few days b4 I start the optidrill which i thought was a nice gesture. I will definately look on your blog for recipes for the vegies as I am trying to think of what I can do with what Im allowed to use. Ok I think I might go shopping now as it is too dang hot here at home! lol Take care Kylie :)

PS um how do you get the ticker thing on the bottom I have been to the website but I dont know how i get it to here :thumbup:

Hi Kylie, If you go to the website (click on the link from my ticker) and just enter a password (any old one) it will take you through the steps to create a ticker and then go to customize in your profile on LBT and cut and paste the link from the ticker website into your "signature" panel plus any other info you want to include like your name or whatever. Ithink that should work. I'll go through the steps again and check.

Hi Shaggs,

I did everything you said to do but I can no find where the "signature" is :thumbup: I went to customise blog but there was nothing there referring to signatures. Kyl's

Hi Shaggs,

I did everything you said to do but I can no find where the "signature" is :thumbup: I went to customise blog but there was nothing there referring to signatures. Kyl's

Hi,

Go to User CP at the top right hand side and then click on Edit Signature. Copy the link from the ticker thingy (the ULL one) paste in signature and that should work

Sunshine 23:thumbup:

I could never get a ticker thingy to work either, i have tried numerous times. I need some one to pysically work it out for me. that is the only way i will get one. good luck with your surgery.

How's it going Kylie? by my calculations you would be on Optifast now? Its getting close - it'll be here before you know it! I'm still loving it - I hate fluids and I'm starting to have a little mushy food (more like thick Soups now). This has been the best thing I have EVER done. I hope you feel restriction straight away like I have and I hope my restiction sticks around for a while yet - its excellent, unbelievable and I actually dont feel like rubbish either! All up, you wont regret it - its tops!