Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All MARCH '09 Bandsters - We need a name!

I'm being banded on 3/30!!! My pre-op appointment is tomorrow to go over everything so I'm pretty excited and nervous to hear what my surgeon has to say!

I know I have a hiatal hernia... so I'm wondering what he will say about that!

YAY! Let's "band together"!!!

I am also getting banded on the 03/30. My pre-op appointment is not until Wednesday. Did you have to do a liquid diet, and if so how are you doing? I am really struggleing with it. Well keep us informed, good luck.:)

I am also getting banded on the 03/30. My pre-op appointment is not until Wednesday. Did you have to do a liquid diet, and if so how are you doing? I am really struggleing with it. Well keep us informed, good luck.:)

Yes I've been doing the liquid diet... My dietician suggested adding Tirani sugarfree syrups to my Protein shakes... They taste AWESOME however the Splenda thats in the sugarfree stuff is NOT agreeing with me at all!!! :eek: I am lucky that my doc allows one chicken breast a day while on the pre-op diet. But with the Protein Shakes giving me such horrible diarrhea I haven't felt like eating!

Glad to know someone else will be banded on Wednesday!

Hi all!! I am 8 days post-op and feeling pretty normal. I have to say, the first couple of days post-op were not pleasant for me at all! For a couple of days, I felt a little bit of regret, but now that it's been a few more days, I am feeling a little more like myself and glad I went through with it.

I still have a little gas pain now and then, and it seems like every time I eat or drink something I spend the next half hour burping...is anone else experiencing this?

My DR. has me on 5 days liquid, 5 days mushies, 5 days solid mushies, then normal food, so that's what I've been doing, but everyone here seems to still be on full liquids for a lot longer. Must be every DR. is different.

I enjoy reading everyone's post; keep them coming!!

Well tomorrow is my surgery. I'm ready. Good Luck to all the Lucky Losers who are having surgery this week.

Hi all!! I am 8 days post-op and feeling pretty normal. I have to say, the first couple of days post-op were not pleasant for me at all! For a couple of days, I felt a little bit of regret, but now that it's been a few more days, I am feeling a little more like myself and glad I went through with it.

I still have a little gas pain now and then, and it seems like every time I eat or drink something I spend the next half hour burping...is anone else experiencing this?

My DR. has me on 5 days liquid, 5 days mushies, 5 days solid mushies, then normal food, so that's what I've been doing, but everyone here seems to still be on full liquids for a lot longer. Must be every DR. is different.

I enjoy reading everyone's post; keep them coming!!

Hey Kim87 - *hey I graduated in 1987! LOL * Anyway - I'm 13 days post op and I felt exactly the same as you. I had some regret there thinking - will it stay this way? - but on day 7 felt so so so much better! I'm better everyday - can bend over just fine and sleep so much better in this last week. I'm really struggling staying on a full liquid diet - my Dr said 3 weeks liquid diet after which mean I'd be on full liquids until 3/31. I'm still trying but have eaten some mashed potatos, refried Beans - that sort of thing bc I really felt like I needed it and wanted to listen to my body. I also am eating yogurt to help me feel full. I need to do more Water and protien drinks - I feel like if I did that - maybe I'd feel fuller longer. I'm consuming approx 900 calories now - but I've not lost any weight in the last week. I'm hoping its b/c of all he sodium I'm consuming eating so much Soup. I want to get to 1000-1200 calories and more protien as I've read so many times that people began losing once they upped the protien.

What are you eating currently? you're in the mushy food stage right? What is working for you and are you doing any exercise yet? I'm starting treadmill today and going back to personal trainer next week with weights.

Well tomorrow is my surgery. I'm ready. Good Luck to all the Lucky Losers who are having surgery this week.

Best of luck to you Anya!!! You will do awesome ! keep us posted on how you're doing!

I'm now 4 days out, and feeling better everyday! I am going back to work tomorrow, so I hope I can make it. If worse comes to worse, my students may be watching movies this next week! I feel fine, not a lot of pain. But, boy if I forget and try to bend over.....

My doctor has me what he calls a "liquid" diet, but I am able to have very thin mashed potatoes, yogery, pudding, etc. Not too bad. The worst part now is everythng is sweet (other than the potatoes). I will be very glad when I can add in new things. My caloric intake now is like 500 per day. I know I have to up that, I am just not hungry!!! Good luck to you all!

I'm now 4 days out, and feeling better everyday! I am going back to work tomorrow, so I hope I can make it. If worse comes to worse, my students may be watching movies this next week! I feel fine, not a lot of pain. But, boy if I forget and try to bend over.....

My doctor has me what he calls a "liquid" diet, but I am able to have very thin mashed potatoes, yogery, pudding, etc. Not too bad. The worst part now is everythng is sweet (other than the potatoes). I will be very glad when I can add in new things. My caloric intake now is like 500 per day. I know I have to up that, I am just not hungry!!! Good luck to you all!

Hi Teachergirl!

It's great that you're doing so well. I'm on day 5 and I'm miserable and hungry all the time.

Hi Life... yes, I graduated in '87, too; hence the name...lol. I am currently eating things like mashed potatoes, Beans, oatmeal, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs... things that are soft and mush and can be chewed until they are almost liquid. I have lost 12 lbs so far and hoping that I will lose more soon.

My first fill is on April 23rd. Seems like so far away. I am hoping that having that first adjustment will help a lot. Sometimes I'm not sure if I am hungry or if it's gas pain... I am going back to work tomorrow and hoping I'll be able to figure it out soon!! :crying:

I am getting banded on 3/30. On liquid diet and miserable but I did cheat. Hoping to do better tomorrow (Its my birthday)! Getting nervous about surgery but I need to be positive and focus. Everyone that is not going in my shoes keeps saying its a mind thing and I want to say did u eat today or just drink. I am in a bad mood but I hope It gets better cause I want to be happy about my surgery and not let it be overshadowed by being on a liquid diet! I should be happy wish me luck!

Count me in - I just joined this site... I go in the hospital on Wednesday and my surgery to get the lap-band is at 0700 3/26... scary.... but in a good way...

Hi Guy's, i had my surgery on the 6th March all went very well, 17 day's post op at the mushy stage but feeling very nassua, also have this strange feeling in my throat like its going to close over very dry have to keep swallowing to keep it moist has anyone experience this feeling in there throat:confused: