Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All MARCH '09 Bandsters - We need a name!

Hey everyone! This is my first post and my surgery is tomorrow!!! I am sooo nervous and excited!

How about Marvalous March Melters?

Hi, I too, was banded on the 13th. I have had some chest pains which I am pretty sure are gas....it seems to kind of roll across the chest and can be very uncomfortable at times...taking Gas-X, seems to be better then and if I walk a bit....also have been having heartburn at times...How is your pain otherwise? I am doing well in that part to the point where it freaks me out as I thought there would be more belly pain...sleeping is the worst in that area.
I just went to target and bought a Magic Bullet. I thought I would get prepared for pureed food.

Have any of you ever taken liquid fish oil? My tabs are going to be to big as of the 23rd.

Anyak,

ewww just the sound of fish oil doesn't sound to pleasing, that is because i don't eat fish. but please tell me about it and what does it do?

Had surgery yesterday the 17th, all is well, no gas shoulder pain, had surgery at 8am went home at 10:30 am, (call it drive through surgery) my suggestion is follow their instructions to a T, take your pain meds, don't be up more than they say, but walk around the house as much as can tolerate, I am walking about 5 minutes every hour, except during the night! Drink, drink, drink, broth, popsicles, flavor packets for water!! Clears until tom., hunger not bad at all! My current weight as of yesterday is 199, lost 14lbs during pre-op diet! Thanks to all for checking in on me! I thank God for His covering over my life, on my pre-surgery EKG it showed that at some point I have had a mild heart attack, did not even know it, again thank you Jesus for covering my life! Nancy

Edited by fixin2notbfat

Anyak,

ewww just the sound of fish oil doesn't sound to pleasing, that is because i don't eat fish. but please tell me about it and what does it do?

Its a rich source of Omega 3.< /p>

Anya

I'm being banded on 3/30!!! My pre-op appointment is tomorrow to go over everything so I'm pretty excited and nervous to hear what my surgeon has to say!

I know I have a hiatal hernia... so I'm wondering what he will say about that!

YAY! Let's "band together"!!!

I also had one, but didn't know it. It was removed in surgery during the LapBand procedure. It didn't add that much time either.

Good Luck, God Bless!

p.s. my ticker isn't correct... I do need to fix it, lol if I could remember how I did it the first time.

Hey everyone! This is my first post and my surgery is tomorrow!!! I am sooo nervous and excited!

How about Marvalous March Melters?

Good Luck! My thoughts will be with you. Welcome to the Lucky Loser club.:sneaky:

Hi All, I was banded on 3-4 and have been eating blended food since day 4 post op. I know I should be on clear liq. but seems impossible for me. If I could stay on clears then I wouldn't of had to have a band. Has anyone else been eating this soon after surg.??? I have lost a total of 18lbs since pre op but nothing in the last 5 days.

Just a tip guys...

GAS X WILL NOT WORK!

The gas is pumped into your body cavity so movement, massage and heat will get it moving. Gas X only helps stomach gas so try to get moving as soon as it's comfortable for you. You have no idea how even just standing helps with the gas.

Anyak,

Try Nordic Naturals, they have a spiced apple flavored oil. I mix it in applesauce for the 3 year old and he can't tell. He's a certified food inspector!

Cod liver oil provides essentail fatty acids and Omega 3's.

Try Nordic Naturals, they have a spiced apple flavored oil. I mix it in applesauce for the 3 year old and he can't tell. He's a certified food inspector!

Cod liver oil provides essentail fatty acids and Omega 3's.

Thanks a bunch!:tt2:

Well just to keep you updated. I was banded on 03/16/2009. I feel so good, had gas pains and a lil discomfort but i feel good. Question.... What kind of protien power do i buy and what is the best flavor to get. I go for my 2 week post -op appt on 4/2/2009. Im so glad i did decide to go with the band.

Hi All

I was just banded on Monday and I feel great, no hunger at all I'm very surprised at that. I got up and started walking around as soon as I could and I keep walking as much as possible. I really don't have port pain just gas pain. Iam able to drink Water just like I used to, I need to keep reminding myself to sip. I don't get pain from drinking though.

So far Im very happy with the results and how I feel.

Bernadette