Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preggy progress/Updates/Tell us how you're doing!

Heather, I am SOOO sorry things got so bad with your band and general health before they figured out what was going on, thank God you're ok girl!

Baby Abe is now almost 8 weeks old!

Thanks. I feel like a million bucks now. It is so wonderful to be healthy again.

Do you have some pictures to share??? Perhaps on Facebook or Myspace . . . . if you have them we can send a Private Message to get connected.

Let's try to attach a pic or two..

Wow . . . he is absolutely adorable. He has so much hair. My daughter has a wee bit but it looks like they are similar in that the hair they do have sticks straight up, lol.

Now that she is 3.5 months out, it has gotten so much easier to be a new mom. She is a happy baby who sleeps through the night most nights (with one feeding sometime between 5 am to 7 am for 20 minutes but I can live with that).

She can now entertain herself and doesn't need to be held all the time. If I am in the kitchen cooking or cleaning, I just bring her swing in and she babbles away watching me walk around, lol. As long as I am in the same room, give her a kiss or a squeeze every once in awhile and babble back or sing, she is content for 30-60 minutes at a stretch. :mad:

It just seems to get easier and easier and I am sure it will for you as well.

Let's try to attach a pic or two..

I think this second picture is so cute...for such a NEW baby we sure are a show off!! I love it!

Grrr...I had been losing about 1 lb a week for the past month, slow but steady. Now today I am up 1.6?!?!? Why? I'm irritated because I can't buy new pants, as I refuse to do so until I'm closer to the 16 or 14 I was in when I got pregnant, but my 18's and 20's are too big...sigh.

I am still breastfeeding quite a bit and very hungry most of the day, so what gives? What helped you guys shed the weight? I don't want to get a fill, because I'm already kinda tight.

Grrr...I had been losing about 1 lb a week for the past month, slow but steady. Now today I am up 1.6?!?!? Why? I'm irritated because I can't buy new pants, as I refuse to do so until I'm closer to the 16 or 14 I was in when I got pregnant, but my 18's and 20's are too big...sigh.

I am still breastfeeding quite a bit and very hungry most of the day, so what gives? What helped you guys shed the weight? I don't want to get a fill, because I'm already kinda tight.

Well, I may not be the best person to answer this. I went from 188 the day of delivery and am currently 137 at less than four months out. This loss was due to a slipped band so it is kind of like cheating.

I am beginning to struggle a bit with hunger now. I am not just hungry, I am HUNGRYYY . . . I had almost forgotten what that was like. I am trying sooo hard to be careful but I am beginning to battle the same demons as before banding now that my band is fixed albeit empty. I don't need to lose, but I sure as h*ll don't need to gain. Maintenance is the key for me and it is alllll too easy to go in the wrong direction right now.

I am handling it by not limiting myself on quantities of vegetables/salad (not starchy items like potatoes and corn). I am staying away from sweets, starches, rice and breads as much as possible (although I have had an occasional sandwich because I missed them for so long). I need to get my butt moving with exercise, but just haven't gotten to it yet. I am ready, I have no excuses now . . . I just need to do it.

It helps that we can motivate each other :0) I don't think anyone understands what we go through as much as our fellow bandsters. :)

Hi I am new at this and me and my hubby have decided to try for our third baby (first with the band). My question is how long after trying did anyone realize that they were preggos? I have been having some bloating problems and the band feels tighter then ever (first time ever experiencing this. It has also been a year since I was banded). It has only been one week since my last menstral cycle. Could it be that I might be preggos?

Hi I am new at this and me and my hubby have decided to try for our third baby (first with the band). My question is how long after trying did anyone realize that they were preggos? I have been having some bloating problems and the band feels tighter then ever (first time ever experiencing this. It has also been a year since I was banded). It has only been one week since my last menstral cycle. Could it be that I might be preggos?

I was 6 months into the band when we got preggos with number #2.. We were not trying persay.. but we were stopping it either :thumbup: anyhow.. I had just gotten a fill and I normally lose like 1-2 lbs in the day after the fill and I gained 6!! I was like something is wrong.. so I took a pregnancy test like a week later on a suspicion because I had been having some pain in my ovary area and we were pregnant!

you're weight gain and band tightness could be hormonal from your body ovulating.. since its like a week after your period. but you never know.

I just know this time that I knew so much sooner because had I not been watching my weight I might have not picked up on it. as it was I knew 7 days before my missed period.

shrinknme-You are 38 WEEKS! I am sooo jealous! I am so ready to have this baby! Any signs that labor is close yet? Have you had the "lightening" feeling yet where the baby drops? Keep us posted, you are sooo close!!!

shrinknme-You are 38 WEEKS! I am sooo jealous! I am so ready to have this baby! Any signs that labor is close yet? Have you had the "lightening" feeling yet where the baby drops? Keep us posted, you are sooo close!!!

YES I am so ready. I have been having menstrual like cramps so I know somethings happening.. but who knows. I will keep you posted!!

Hang in there.. I felt the same way past 32 wks.:thumbup:

YES I am so ready. I have been having menstrual like cramps so I know somethings happening.. but who knows. I will keep you posted!!

Hang in there.. I felt the same way past 32 wks.:)

I've been a little crampy too, nothing big though.

I went in for my 34 week checkup yesterday, they said my stomach measured at 37 weeks...don't know if that means anything or not...

I did have my other child AT 37 weeks though so i'm praying the good Lord brings this child to us (happy & healthy of course) at 37 weeks as well, which means that is only 3 weeks away (which STILL feels like a lifetime away)!!:eek:

Does anyone on here know why they measure our stomachs? What is the signifigance of the measurement as opposed to WHEN we deliver?

I could ask my doctor, but hate to call her with questions 'just because' and I always forget to ask these 'just because' questions when I actually have her in the exam room...

Thanks.

Renee

Weight update:

I have gained a TOTAL of 49.4 lbs this pregnancy so far....12 of those pounds I gained before I went in for my first intake appointment (because I had my lapband loosened and ate like there was NO tomorrow) so they are only counting 37 lbs gained on this pregnancy.

My weight gain has slowed alot these past few weeks (less than a lb a week now) as the baby is getting bigger and i'm finally eating less...LOL

How have the rest of you fared and how hard (for those of you with previous band babies) was it to take off afterwards??