Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preggy progress/Updates/Tell us how you're doing!

You guys are all making me wanna feel the baby move so bad!! I am about 16 weeks now, woo hoo! When will I feel it?

On a side note, I have had full on, PB/vomiting episodes twice this week when the whole meal came up...ugh. It may be time for a small unfill. My original doc left Colorado to return to his hometown in Pennsylvania, so he transferred all his patients to a new guy who I haven't met, since there was no need to in the past 6 months...bummer.

I didn't feel mine for a while, I believe it was at 23-24 weeks.

But I have an anterior placenta, which apparently 'cushions' it.

I just had another ultrasound today at 22 weeks and 6 days. Everything looked great and on target for the baby for which I am very happy and grateful.

I was actually a little dissapointed about the ultrasound experience.

For some reason, I thought I would get to see the face even clearer or see more activity. What I saw 4 weeks ago was actually much, much better. The tech said the bigger the baby gets the harder it is to see a full picture with good details. Before I could actually see the full body in a shot, legs extended and good profiles . . . now there are mostly barely identifiable blobs with a written description of what it is. The most identifiable parts in general were the spine and ribcage. I saw the () of an open mouth with lips. I guess I didn't realize that clarity would be less.

I also realize that it is entirely possible to miss the sex of the infant. Her legs were so tightly closed that the tech said it is good we got such a clear shot last time because this time all she would have been able to say is maybe it might possibly be a girl.

My mid-point ultrasound was definitely the best one so far.

Oh, one more thing. I can't feel her moving as much anymore and it has been that way for several days. Today I discovered why. She changed position. Her head is now where her feet used to be. She is now turned in such away that most of the movement would be directed towards the back which is where the placenta is. Before her limbs were extended towards the front and she was head down. I guess position makes a huge difference.

Awww a girl, congratulations!!!

I went for my 4-d ultrasound yesterday. I have an anterior placents, and Carson likes to snuggle his head into my uterus, so they had a hard time getting any good pics :cursing:

i had an anterior placenta too ... it really did cushion a lot of the kicks until towards the end ... then WOW... he got really strong and i got some really powerful kicks... those kicks are what i miss the most... :frown:

Went to the doc this morn, on 2 week schedule now.. she FINALLY (it's been 3-4 months now!!!!) said I need to go to an Allergist. She's been blowing me off for months, and every month I just go 'Same thing, no change'.. and she doesn't really care.. I guess because today my face is all chapped and she can see my nose flaking off in pieces maybe I should be referred to someone.

Anyway, at this point I figured it'll just go away when I have Carson.. she isn't so sure (dang).

She did a renal panel last week since I have a pelvic kidney, she showed me everything was functioning fine (yay), the only thing is my Calcium is .1 lower than 'average', but she said it's not a concern, so..

He's getting bigger, and I lost weight in the past 2 weeks (first time since finding out I was pregnant!!!!!!!!).

Coming in on the home stretch, gaaah I can't wait to hold him :tongue2:

i was the same way ... i couldnt wait to hold him... COULD NOT WAIT!!

now im really finding i miss our 'alone time'... something that only the two of us shared... not that i dont LOVE holding him IRL, but it's just different... :tt2: but then i see him dreaming and smiling and then i'm like yeah, its great that he's here!!! :tongue2:

Hi all,

Just checking in. My belly has all of a sudden caught up with my brain and I suddenly look pregnant! Not huge, but kinda cute, poochy, little gut pregnant, to my pleasant surprise. Still only up about 3 lbs, thank GOD, but I'm sure that will speed up soon now that I'm really growing. I've had a "baby gut" for about 4 wks now, but lately I really can't suck it in and it really sticks out after meals! Not in maternity pants yet, but wearing normal size 18 and 16's and they are tight, or carefully unbuttoned under a long, forgiving shirt. I've also learned the trick of looping a rubber band around the button of my unbuttoned jeans and running it across my tummy, thru the button hole on the other side. As well, I've bought a Bella Band at Target for 16 bucks...it rocks! Google it, it's a tummy reinforcer/supporter thingy that turns tight, normal pants into maternity wear and smooths your belly out nicely under your shirts.

I also feel like I'm entering nesting phase WAY too early. I am obsessed with getting as much baby stuff as possible, I wanted to buy a bassinet sooooo bad this weekend, and start moving furniture in the current guest room so we could see how much room it will have as the future baby's room. Keep in mind that I don't know the sex of the baby for another 3 or 4 weeks, so there's not a lot I can even do until we know if the purple butterfly wallpaper can stay up or not!

This is getting fun since I'm finally showing a bit, nice consolation to keep me busy until I get to feel baby's first movements in the next 6 weeks or so.

Hope you're all well.

As well, I've bought a Bella Band at Target for 16 bucks...it rocks! Google it, it's a tummy reinforcer/supporter thingy that turns tight, normal pants into maternity wear and smooths your belly out nicely under your shirts.

I just picked this band up at Target last Saturday and have worn it every single day since. I was surprised it was only $16 because I have been seeing them online for $36 or more. Definitely a great buy.

At first it was a little weird, but I like the way it makes my belly feel supported/hugged under my clothes. I am still not ready for maternity clothes and can wear my 8's unbuttoned with an elastic hairtie and the Bella band or my 10's buttoned normally. I know it wont be long now until I have to buy maternity.

Must have to do with how people are shaped, I thought the Belly Band was a complete rip off.. it just rolled off of me.

Must have to do with how people are shaped, I thought the Belly Band was a complete rip off.. it just rolled off of me.

Maybe shape does have something to do with it. Right now my shape is mostly just lack of a waist so it is stretched a little more in the middle but the top and the bottom are not stretched as much. If I keep a uniform shape, it might not want to roll in any particular direction.

I told a friend at work about it today and she said she tried it and absolutely hated it because it never stayed in place.

The only thing I don't like about it is that I feel like I have a saggy butt if my pants are unbuttoned because the back of my pants slide down a little. I definitely have to have an elastic for the button section. I was even thinking about taking a couple pairs of my favorite pants and sewing a little button on the back that will work with the band to keep it more uniformly in place.

I tried some maternity pants on and I look so silly and feel so awkward in them. There is nothing about them that is flattering on my body for some reason. Part of it is that I am petite and can't find many that fit right without feeling like either the crotch wants to hang to my knees or the maternity stretchy stuff could cover my boobs without effort.

I cant wait until the weather gets nice again. I have seen a couple pregnant people wearing stretchy but nice dresses that are vey flattering . . . but I get just too darn cold for that in our northeastern US snow dumps from the great lakes . . . blechhh.

I want to enjoy my baby bump but all I am doing is hiding it in heavy sweaters with unflattering long underwear on underneath. Losing a lot of weight has turned me into a freeze baby. Right now, I am just looking chubby more than pregnant.

What does everyone thing about those teddy bears that make the womb sounds? Do you think it is worth it to help facilitate sleep and relaxation? I was intrigued by the concept.

Has anyone setup a gift registry yet? I stopped in a few places to look but I feel so lost. I was in babies 'r us last night and there was so much there, I can't even begin to tell what is really necessary. I remember walking past the bottle/nipple section and there is a gazillion choices . . . how will I ever know what is good? I almost feel like I will never know until after the baby comes but that seems a little late.

i didnt like my bella band either ... dummy me bought 2 right off the bat from Motherhood Maternity... non-refundable... and of course i bought it the end of December - was in the hospital on bed rest starting January .. *eyeroll*

My mother in law worked in the NICU and as a labor/delivery nurse for many years. Last week when her and I were out shopping, she pointed to 1 of the womb sounds bears and said that they really worked for colic or restless, prone to crying infants and they would really calm them. Since you have no idea how your baby will be, I would think you could always reserve the idea of one in the back of your mind and end up getting one later, if need be.

Fairy, my bella band rolls up/down occasionally on me too, I found tucking the top into the bottom of my bra strap all the way around really helped keep in place.