Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preggy progress/Updates/Tell us how you're doing!

:thumbup:Hi guys! I know we have been keeping each other posted in various other threads, especially "Banded & Hoping to Get Preg", but since the title of that thread doesn't exactly give out the best info, I am starting a new one for all to post their fun pregnancy stuff, like how appointments go, how the baby is, when we find out the sex, due dates, etc etc!!

Here's my info for today!

We had our 13/14 wk appt today. I am very aware of my ovulation/menstrual cycle, so by my dates we are 13 weeks, however the docs say the baby is measuring 14 weeks. Whatever, it's gonna come when it's good and ready! We got to hear the baby's heartbeat today and it was good and solid, also fast. About 160 Beats per Minute, so there is a good chance the baby is a girl if you go off the heart rate literature. Lower rates like 120-145 BPM are often boys, higher rates from 150-180 BPM are often girls.

Other than that, all is well! I'm officially out of 1st trimester and had another lb lost, which is great as that means I technically didn't gain. The first few weeks I was starving so gained 4-6 lbs real fast, then the hunger tapered off and the band got kinda tempermental and tight on certain days, so I have lost what I gained...YIPPEE! Hearing the heartbeat was wonderful, it made it more real, just like our first ultrasound did.

Just so you know.. my boy has always had 150-168 heartbeat, and the wives tale says its a girl's.. but there's a penis in there that says otherwise :thumbup:

im 37weeks 4days in the hospital on bed rest.

he has dropped and it feels like i am holding a bowling ball between my legs... seriously, he is so low that i think if he sneezes he'd pop out.

im scheduled for induction this Thursday night/Friday morning so only 2 'full' days left and its starting to really sink in.

BPs have been "ok" as long as i am laying down on my sides - left side gets better result.

although i complain about the BP and sleeplessness *its 401am*, i wouldnt trade this for the world... i cant wait to meet my little guy and the thought brings tears to my eyes ... oh yeah, did i mention i am SUPER emotional / hormonal ??? bawled like a baby when DH & DD left last night... it was pretty much uncontrollable.

soooooo ... 2 days... AHHHHHHH!!

oh - and heartbeat - DS's normal HB range is 145-156ixh, and he, too, has a penis to prove he's a boy... :thumbup:

Aww ((LJM)).. almost there!!!

I start my 3rd trimester tomorrow. Woohoo! Still seems like suddenly this is taking forever. He is more active and I can 'make' him move now, when I need reassurance (though I try not to do this too often!).. by laying on my back and poking at him. DH has been able to feel him, which is nice..

He also does something, I think maybe it's hiccups, where my whole belly starts jiggling. It could be a big kick but they come at intervals that make me think it's hiccups.

Feb. 4th I go for my 28 week 4-d ultrasound. I want to confirm the penis, although it's a bit late for that now with everything I've bought. The tech had a hard time getting to see his genitals because he was sitting up breech and she could only get so low.. but at some point she finally got a shot, I just want to confirm it!

We start parenting & childbirth classes in February also.. and 1 breastfeeding class I am going to. I am afraid I won't be able to breastfeed :thumbup: I'm hoping I'm just over-worried. My nipples are flat/inverted, which is why I got them pierced so they'd stay out.. well I tried taking out the jewelry and they go flat again. I did some test I read on a parenting website to 'test' if your nipples will be latch-on-able.. and mine failed.

ummm, you dont wanna know what i do to get him moving ... (think melt in your mouth, not in your hand - 3 of them do wonders)....

so excited about your 4d .. the way my body's been used and abused by surgery, it just wasnt worth the money ... regular USs are sometimes an issue.

there are certain 'tools' or things you can use for flat nipples, they'll be able to tell you about them at the BF class.

have fun at the childbirth classes.. mine was the day i got admitted here for the first time...

fairy,

you can always use a breast pump too, then it doesn't matter at all what your nips are up to, it will always work (as long as you have milk in there).

losing,

you're so close! i technically haven't gained but of course my belly is getting nice and bloated and my face seems puffy to me. did this happen so early to anyone else?

i'm having one of those days where i feel like stuffing my face. stuck at work, my South Beach lunch doesn't sound appealing and they are usually the 1 brand of prepared food that i actually enjoy. can't leave due to holding down the office while my superiors are at a meeting...oh, and it's like 8 degrees outside. i'm clumsy on snow and ice so I try to limit walking on it if possible.

i didnt start gaining until my 26-27th week or so (was losing a lot before then)... i have since caught up and passed it with the preg induced hypertension. i am gaining quite a bit of Fluid (no way i can eat 9000+ cals a day in here to gain 2+ pounds a day). my fingers/feet and face are starting to get real puffy.

i never had the puffy face until i got here (lack of activity is my guess)

be careful out there with the nasty weather!!

That sounds like symptoms of pre-eclampsia?? All the Fluid retention and face puffiness.

Trying hard as I can to stop gaining, I'm up 37lbs today, but I've been within 1 pound for 2 weeks now, WHEW. I started doing Wii Fit a couple weeks ago, hoping that helps just to get me moving.

Heartburn has gotten reeeeeally bad. I miss Prilosec these days. I have been nauseated twice in the past week--which is new to me. I didn't have the morning sickness, but both times were in the morning and saltines did fix it.

yuck fairy, i'm sorry about the heartburn, mine was so bad before banding that i have an esophagus that looks like chewed bubble gum, it's covered in scar tissue. banding MAJORLY got rid of it for me, but the doc said that it will return eventually with pregnancy, oh well...

it's not beginning pre-eclampsia, actually my blood pressure is on the low end of normal, thank goodness. it has always been super low, which is odd as i consider myself a hyper, active, kinda high-strung lass. i was reading that Fluid retention settles in different places and i'm the only one who thinks my face looks fat, but it really feels different to me!

the weight gain is hard LJM, my friend is in hospital right now for the same reason you are, and she's gaining like crazy..fluid tends to do that, even if you are "eliminating" it the normal way. my mother in law once gained about 19 lbs in 36 hours during a round of chemo treatments because of Fluid retention.

well the one good thing about Fluid gain is that usually within 48 hours its gone ... HOPEFULLY cause it's been a consistent 1-2.5 lbs a night for the past week or so. when i first came in, i dropped about 7 - 8 lbs, not so much any more...

Hi,ladies

I'm 91/2 weeks and due aug 31. I lost 97 lbs and now I'm preg. I am on bedrest at home due to I have incompetent cervix which was discovered 7 yrs ago with another preg anyway it is kind of hard with my 2 yr old. She gets bored and misbehaves and says mommy lets go bye-bye which makes me feel bad when i have to tell her we can't.

losingjusme how much have you gained total during your preg? I am also scared and dont want to gain alot of weight but I know the most important thing is having a healthy baby. I wish you a blessed fast and safe delivery of your beautiful baby boy.

hi congrats on your pregnancy...

there is no way to tell actual weight vs Water weight that i've gained ... initially i lost about 23 pounds, gained 19, and while i've been in the hospital i've gained about 30ish so about 26 pounds. docs seem to think at least 10-15 of that is Water weight cause i'm putting on about 1.5 a day and NOT eating that much extra.

hopefully the water weight will drop off pretty quickly...

sorry you are on bed rest, i know how difficult it is with a small munchkin.

good luck!

Here is my first 3rd trimester belly pic! Gosh, I feel like it's so much bigger than it looks.

28weekbelly.jpg

And wait.. you're on bedrest at 9 weeks??? Does that mean you'll be on bedrest the entire time? My gosh..

ziah, congrats on the pregnancy, and i hope all goes well! do you have to stay on bedrest the whole time?! that's gonna be rough, especially with a kiddo at home. do you have a spouse or partner to help you out? hope so.

i've read that renting a wheelchair to stay off your feet sometimes helps with incompetent cervix. did they give you a cerclage or stitch up there?

Fairy, your belly is cute honey, not big at all! that gives me hope. Although at the same time, i wanna have a belly...to feel preggo! you're tall right? i'm only about 5'5 or 5'4, so i already am bloating a bit in the midsection.

asking for prayers for my mom guys, she hurt her back pretty bad last week and now it has spread around to her hips and front. she's having severe abdominal cramping and has an obstructed bowel.