Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you look forward to most when you're no longer obese

Inspired from another thread relating to what you will miss least about being obese. I thought a new one would be what motivated you to get the band. My list (subject to grow) is below

~Wearing Tank Tops in summer

~Wearing a bathing suit and actually swimming

~Exuding confidence and pride in my appearance

~Having my son's friend tell them I'm hot :)

~Rewarding my husband with a sexy wife-replacing the fat one he would've loved the exact same

~Not being the fattest person wherever I go

~Being able to ski and run

~NOT shopping at Lane Bryant!

~Walking into 5-7-9 and being asked if I need help finding something :scared2:

~Wearing shorts instead of capris in 100 degree heat

~Wearing a tucked in shirt & Belt :(

-being able to cross my legs comfortably

-wearing a bathing suit without feeling like a whale

-not being "plus" size and being able to shop at normal stores

-going up stairs without getting winded

-getting rid of my nasty looking double chin!

Here's my list:

- getting rid of my CPAP machine (sleep apnea)

- feeling comfortable enough to have a family portrait taken

- getting fit

- wearing bathers and looking nice in them

- shopping at normal clothes shops again

- feeling confident enough to maybe meet someone and start dating

Hey Stylist43, as I, too, am a hair stylist I must add to your list and say that I can't wait to not have my boobs hang in someones face when I Shampoo their hair!! :scared2:

Hey Stylist43, as I, too, am a hair stylist I must add to your list and say that I can't wait to not have my boobs hang in someones face when I Shampoo their hair!! :(

LOL...I didn't mean to......never mind...lol

I always wondered if you guys realized how close they were when I was in the chair........:scared2:

Ok serious answer

~ Getting rid of meds there are so many I have a printed list

~ Buying hotter colthes (yes even us men want to)

~ Longer life (My mom already buried a son and husband don't want her to bury another son)

~ Fit in an airplane seat wiht try table down

~ Do projects with out getting tired so quickly

My thoughts before surgery were that I couldn't wait to be off diabetes medication. That was my main goal. Everything else is a plus! The day I left the surgery table I no longer took another Actos pill! Then within 6 weeks, I found that getting myself out of bed was so much easier and I had more energy.It's been 4 months and I'm down 40 pounds, and I can walk for exercise and I took that pudgy look off my face and I am happier. I thank God!

1. To go on a roller coaster again.

2. to get off high blood pressure meds

3. to sit in a plain seat without my 5 year old son sharing his seat. Not asking the flight attendant for a seat belt

extension.

4. Parasailing in the Bahamas.

I am a little farther along in the journey so have already traveled from morbid obesity, through obesity, with a lengthy layover at overweight and finally a touch down into the land of "normal" even if I am just barely there, lol. So I guess what I am saying is that instead of the things I wish . . . I will say the things that are :0).

* Shopping in normal shops, pulling something off a rack and have it actually fit - as intended in a way that is flattering to my figure.

* Biking for hours and feeling like I could go on forever.

* Finding that I have more energy than most of my friends that are a normal size.

* Finding that I don't hate exercise.

* Being noticed in a different way by different people. I don't just mean opposite sex . . . I just mean that people are warmer and more interested in me as a person at this size than they were before whether they are strangers, colleagues, male or female.

* My husband can't seem to get enough of me, lol.

* Getting pregnant after I thought it was impossible (I have a 16 year old and was just never gifted with a second child until very recently).

* food has become secondary, usually an afterthought when it used to be my primary reason for existence and my every waking thought.

The only thing I thought I might want when I was no longer obese before . . . . but never really occurred is wearing shorts. My legs look decent but they are white as death and I still keep them covered partially, lol.

1. Being comofrtable in my own skin

2. Not scanning a room to see if I am the only one overweight

3. Wearing naughty nighties for my husband and being proud instead of feeling like a whale thrown in it

4. going to the beach and looking just as good as the silly girls on their beach towels lol even though i have two kids lol

5. Looking my age

6. shopping, actually enjoying it!!

1. Cuter clothes!!

2. Not having my hosiery make that whistling noise when I walk down the hall and my thighs pass one another. . (I really hate that)

3. Getting hit on more often when I go out!

4. Being more excited about seeing old friends (and people like my aunt, who are fixated on my weight) because I won't be 50+ lbs heavier than the last time they saw me.

5. Feeling really amazing about making this work and FINALLY (!!!) for the first time ever, really being happy about what I weigh and knowing I can maintain that weight long-term!

Catherine

Being able to shop without asking for the "women's" section

Sharing clothes with my daughters

Running around with my grandchildren

Looking down and seeing my feet :thumbdown:

Fitting in a roller coaster sear

Fitting in a restaurant booth

Wearing something lacy and see through for hubby:tt1:

Being able to shop without asking for the "women's" section

Sharing clothes with my daughters

Running around with my grandchildren

Looking down and seeing my feet :thumbdown:

Fitting in a roller coaster sear

Fitting in a restaurant booth

Wearing something lacy and see through for hubby:tt1:

the things i look forward to is

1. goning to the reg stores to shop wearing tight jeans

2. goning out dancing with my husband (zydeco)

3. were my back out for once in my life

I am a little farther along in the journey so have already traveled from morbid obesity, through obesity, with a lengthy layover at overweight and finally a touch down into the land of "normal" even if I am just barely there, lol. So I guess what I am saying is that instead of the things I wish . . . I will say the things that are :0).

* Shopping in normal shops, pulling something off a rack and have it actually fit - as intended in a way that is flattering to my figure.

* Biking for hours and feeling like I could go on forever.

* Finding that I have more energy than most of my friends that are a normal size.

* Finding that I don't hate exercise.

* Being noticed in a different way by different people. I don't just mean opposite sex . . . I just mean that people are warmer and more interested in me as a person at this size than they were before whether they are strangers, colleagues, male or female.

* My husband can't seem to get enough of me, lol.

* Getting pregnant after I thought it was impossible (I have a 16 year old and was just never gifted with a second child until very recently).

* food has become secondary, usually an afterthought when it used to be my primary reason for existence and my every waking thought.

The only thing I thought I might want when I was no longer obese before . . . . but never really occurred is wearing shorts. My legs look decent but they are white as death and I still keep them covered partially, lol.

food being secondary ... that's what I look forward to! And nice clothes! That's going to be my new obsession! :thumbdown: