Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many cc's in your band and how is

I have 5cc in my 11cc realize band. I can only "eat" liquids for the next 2 days and feel restriction.

Umm, I had my band two years ago and maybe I am just lucky, but I felt restriction immediately. I hve only ever had 1 fill of 2ml and I seem tohave found that sweet spot that allows you to eat a little but not to overeat. I hope you all find that spot too, eventually.

Bon chance!

I have an 11 cc Realize Band. I was at 8cc, too tight. Went back and went back down to 7cc, too loose. Went back to 7.5, still not enough. Then back again and back to 8cc. It's not as tight this time as the first time, but I'm thinking 7.75 is going to be my comfort restriction. I go back to surgeon on 4/5 and will have the .25 cc taken out. But very strange that the 8cc the first time was almost unbearable and it's almost tolerable this time. But still what I can eat one day will not go down another day. So I'm very cautious and on what I eat. But through the past 6 weeks of tweaking, not much was happening on the scale...because of course when it was too loose, I hit Taco Bell more times than I should have :wink2::) Well, that's little ride is over :):)

Good luck to all.

Trisha

Hi June,

I have the 11cc band and 6.6cc filled thus far. Not digging it at all. I have no restriction whatsoever and I am 4 months out as of today. I am going back for a forth fill this week. I hope I find restiction before I reach goal.:wink2:

Iwill be 4 months out this mont on the 25th. And I have 7cc in my band and can eat what ever I want still. But I go back on the 29th to get 2cc more. so hoping that works for me.

I have an 11cc band and now have 8.5cc of fill. I have very minimal restriction and hope my next fill will get me there.

I was banded dec 15th..have an 11cc band filled w about 6cc's...I have minimal restriction and can eat just about anything...feeling discouraged about my decision..I also hope my next fill will get me to my sweet spot

Hi lapband mom - I have the same problem - I got banded a year ago and have only lost 12 pounds!! Doc says I'm a slow loser - yeah right - I'm pretty much full at my band. I haven't gone to the doctor in 3 mos tired of paying money for nothing. I could lose 12 pounds on weight watchers - what did I need this band for?? I eat much less than before but pounds don't come off. And no, I'm not drinking my calories (ie shakes, ice cream, candies etc) I've been to an endocrinologist everything is normal. I'm 48 and I guess that doesn't help but at this point, I would have been better off going to a fat farm for a year - than having surgery!

Hi Poconomum, I have to ask, do you exercise regularly and strenuously?

Hey, Poconomum, we're almost neighbors. I'm in Tobyhanna.

But on the subject of ccs, I've been on the cc rollercoaster for about 3 months now. I had mine done at a facility that does very very few bands and are truly not believers yet. So I attribute some of my rollercoasting to their inexperience.

I went in and was taken up to 7cc (or so I thought)....struggled with it for about six weeks and then he takes me down to 6cc (again so we thought), too loose, back up to 7.5...still not enough restriction, back up to 8cc, then again the problems of being too restricted...so back to 7.75, another couple of weeks of horrible restriction. This time have the PA do it instead..he pulls out 8.5 ccs aggghhh. So he takes out .5. So who knows how much I really have in there. The PA doesn't go by what number is supposedly in there. He goes by how much he pulls out and then puts back in .5 less because evidently for them, it's hard to be exact. Again, I attribute a lot of this to their inexperience and the HORSE NEEDLE they have to use. :ohmy::)

Now, I know I'm probably still very swollen and irritated from the last four days of hell (ice chips wouldn't even stay down), but if this restriction lasts I'll be a happy camper. Half a sausage patty and half an egg and I was done and didn't have to run to the bathroom and throw up. Could even drink my coffee afterwards...whoo-hoo.

Sorry Poconomum you haven't lost. Where did you have yours done? I had mine at Geisinger Danville and really have counted calories more than ever. I have an app on my iphone (free) called Lose It that I use almost daily..not so much the past few weeks because nothing was staying down except ice cream..:)

I'm at 80 lbs from the beginning of the program, not from surgery, probably 57 from surgery in June 2009. My goal was to reach goal by my birthday this year. So pretty close. God forbid should I exercise...lol

Do you have any support groups you go to? I don't go to any but I have a band-buddy that we had ours done within days at Geisinger and we keep in touch weekly. Of course, she exercises like a fiend and has done remarkably well considering all of her health conditions. I've considered going to the group in Stroudsburg.

Good luck to all

Trisha

When I went to my appointment in March I asked the PA that does the fills when does she usually see patients reach the "sweet spot" or "green zone" with the 11cc band and she said that everyone she has done usually hits it between 7 and 9 cc's. I'm crossing my fingers cause right now I'm at 7.5cc's (I think I have a little restriction) and I go tomorrow so wish me luck and btw I am almost 6 months out so it has been hard at times to follow the rules with no restriction. And good luck to all of you out there that are waiting to hit that spot!!!!

Hi LAP-BAND® mom - I have the same problem - I got banded a year ago and have only lost 12 pounds!! Doc says I'm a slow loser - yeah right - I'm pretty much full at my band. I haven't gone to the doctor in 3 mos tired of paying money for nothing. I could lose 12 pounds on weight watchers - what did I need this band for?? I eat much less than before but pounds don't come off. And no, I'm not drinking my calories (ie shakes, ice cream, candies etc) I've been to an endocrinologist everything is normal. I'm 48 and I guess that doesn't help but at this point, I would have been better off going to a fat farm for a year - than having surgery!

12 pounds that is not good, do you have restriction? maybe you should get checked by

another doc this isnt good

I have 9 cc in my band and its 11cc's and I feel no restriction at all. I have lost 45 pounds since 11/25/09 BANNED DATE. I feel like something isn't right.

I have 5cc's in my realize band and I can eat normally, but find restriction after a certain point and I know where that point is. For instance... I can eat 4-5 small hot wings (not fried) and that is it! I can eat 2 eggs and some bacon... but certainly that is it or I start to get the hiccups and PBs if not careful. I can eat a cheeseburger (no bun) if I eat slowly and really chew cautiously.... so I would imagine that in my case 5cc's is the sweet spot. Having said that, I have also stopped losing, but i don't gain. I could probably start losing again if I would watch my cal intake more carefully but am pretty content where I am now.

I would have to say that the sweet spot is where you can't overeat, but you are able to eat pretty much normally (for a normal person that is :rolleyes:

Just my two cents. BTW... I have been banded since 11/08 and have kept off my weight. Could stand to lose 20 more, but am the lightest I have been in 25 years, so I am in now way complaining.

Be patient in finding your sweet spot, it is well worth it. Remember, this is not a race, its a journey.

Good luck to all!!!!

I had my surgery 6 Months ago. aside from the pre op weight loss I lost NOTHING! I definitely have restrictions and I am happy about that. I am sure I can be more carefull and I am sure I can exercize more but that was my problem before the surgery... I am now 7.5 cc's anybody else have a similar experience?

Hopefull but losing patience!!