Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else dying on your post op diet?

I am serving chili for sure! I make a mean chili! I dont know what to really serve other than that. I know other people will be eating pizza and chips & salsa, while I drool! Worse part is the Super Bowl party is at my house, so I cant leave lol!

i'm so jealous! I have 4 weeks of liquids after my jan 14th surgery. Wednesday I finally get to add in yogurt, sf pudding and thinned oatmeal. Then it'll be a week of pureed food, then a week of minced and then, finally solids. I'm so aching to chew that it's ridiculous!

Think of it this way, TK -- You'll lose more weight than I in your first month. I spent most of last week yarking over a toilet finding out what I could and couldn't eat of solid foods, and most of the time I ate mushies anyway. You're likely to lose twice the weight in the first few weeks than I.

Now that I can eat solids, my weight loss has slowed down to nearly nothing, and I'm constipated as H***. I've got to pull together some serious self-discipline in a hurry! In fact, I'm going back to some Meal Replacement shakes as of today. My body doesn't care what I put in it, as long as it's filling that tiny pouch. So, I'm skipping Breakfast (I usually do anyway) and having a Meal Replacement shake for lunch, then a low-carb meal for dinner. If I do get hungry, I'll make some deviled eggs or crudites for Snacks.

Lena

I was banded on the 8th. After 10 days I HAD to start eating as was starving. I stopped losing after the first week and my weightloss was at a standstill for two weeks! Once I upped my calories to 1100 I finally started losing again. I think everybody is different and for me I couldn't lose until I got out of starvation mode. I feel no restriction at all and can eat anything. I am looking forward to my first fill. For now it is all will power and small portions. I have been cheating, but in a normal person's eating way. Not the old way. A samll taste is enough. I give credit to the folks who have been on liquids or mushies for weeks after surgery. I couldn't have done it. I have two weeks until my fill and the plan is to lose 2 pounds per week. Slow and steady is the healthy way. I hope I can continue. If not I know there is hope for me on 9 Feb (fill day)!

I've been banded on the 6th...did 2 weeks of liquids and am finishing my 2 weeks of mushies...this last week, I have been progressing slowly to more hardcore mushies...brushetta salad, finely chopped chicken salad, meatloaf, chicken à la king (without the pasta), bolognese spaghetti sauce, and tonight I had shrimp cocktail (very little shrimp chewed to hell!) I'm presently eating 1 cup of feel per meal, and not very hungry between meals. No food has gotten stuck, but if I dont concentrate and forget to chew enough, it hurts a little.

For these who are bored of the same things, there are a few of the things I ate on my 1st week of mushies:

egg salad, salmon salad, spaghetti meat sauce (no pasta), soft scrambled eggs with melted cheese, cottage cheese mixed with either berry jam or pesto, ricotta cheese mixed with jam or apple sauce, homemade fat free cheesecake without any crust, and many many Gerber's baby food jars, for 8 to 12 month babies.

I, too, was a little scared to be back on "real" food.:lol: Scared I would eat like the old days, scared I would throw up, scared something would get stuck, you name it. And I definitely did eat more than I had been on my first day. But like someone else mentioned "in a 'normal' person's way".

I had 1/5 of a donut - which is 4/5 (and maybe 9/5) less than I would have before!!! I had some popcorn, but threw away the unbuttery pieces. I left food on my plate and took a doggie bag from a dinner I had to attend. These are not things the old, unbanded, me would have done.:thumbup:

One of the most interesting things for me after surgery is the fact that I am not hungry, at all. Even though I still have the "mental" hunger, the fact that I'm not feeling hungry makes it easier to stop at 1/5 of a donut.

I was thrilled too, to have lost 13 pounds so fast but I know the weight loss with the band will really only be 1-2 pounds a week and that's ok. Speed would be great and all, but I am after PERMANENT! And if slow, with the occasional setback is my way to permanent, then that's ok too!:eek:

Starving? Yes, I'm starving. I've managed to stay on the liquid diet and tomorrow progress to pureed food. One day in particular I felt like I was going into "melt down" mode, but eventually made it through that day. I later figured out part of my problem was my monthly friend was on the way for a visit - which always screws my system up, mentally and physically. I don't think I have any more will power than anyone else, but when I read everyone's post, I get some encouragement from the fact that everyone has lost something, so for me this means that if I do what I'm supposed, even if I'm not perfect in my food choices etc. I too will lose. Eventually losing itself will be the motivator, right now is just try to do the right thing, more than most of the time.

Thursday was my last day!!! Thank GOD!

Good luck ladies... PRAY!

I am almost done with mushies. I have been adding new foods over the past few days and have been doing very well. I haven't had any bad experiences. For the mushy faze I've been eating cottage cheese, lentil Soup, yogurt and oatmeal. I love all these things and so I haven't ever had a craving for other things.

Last week I went out to dinner and ordered Soup and broccoli. The broccoli was overcooked and I chewed it to death. Each time I eat I keep all parts of it together below 1 cup of food. I eat slow and am always satisfied for the next 3-4 hours.

Tonight I went to a mexican restaurant and had pollo chipotle. It was great and I have a whole bunch left in my fridge! I cut the chicken into teeny pieces and had it with my Beans and a little rice joined in too. 1 cup altogether so I won't expand my pouch!

I'm making chili for Super Bowl. I LOVE chili, but at 1 cup at a time means I can have it 3 times tomorrow!!!

Happy Superbowl to all! (Go Cards)

I am on to solid food tomorrow! Its been hard but damn it I did it!

Congratulations, Bella!! (Throwing confetti in the air!)

Lena

Way to go Bella! It feels so good to progress to that next stage.

Horray for YOU! Tell us was it a nice change up?? I had alittle of my chile verde, cooked very tender, it went down great, chewed chewed. It was so nice to taste the food. I was good around the other stuff, would look at it and walk away. I too hosted at my home so it was somewhat hard cooking and not taking a taste here and there. I did it though, no cheating!

Good luck Bella, keeep us posted:thumbup: OUR day is a comin:tt1:

Could someone tell me how to add a ticker to my info? I just can't seem to figure it out.:cursing: I have also started to loose weight slowly but surely. I am at about 2 lbs per week. Still no restrictions, only will power and small portions. I am hungry all the time and I do better when I am not home and able to stare at the food in my house. Some lbs gone are better than none althought I do believe I am in Bandster Hell, just maybe the upper level. Less than a week before my first fill. I have mixed feelings. I like being in control of my eating right now, but also look forward to the choice being taken away. I must now live with the decision I have made.:tongue:

Could someone tell me how to add a ticker to my info? I just can't seem to figure it out.:cursing:

1. Go to www.tickerfactory.com

2. Choose weight loss ticker. Click Next.

3. Select your ruler. Take your time. There are many designs. Click Next

4. Select your slider. Again, take your time. Click Next

5. Enter your info like your preferred password or PIN, weight measurements, BMI info, etc. Clicking Next saves the ticker and creates it.

6. Cut and paste the bbCode.

7. Return to www.LapBandTalk.com in another window. Keep the ticker factory window up just in case you need to cut and paste another code. (I had to do this three times to figure out which code to use for my blogspot blog.)

8. Click on UserCP at the top

9. Click on Edit Signature from the left side bar

10. Paste the code into the "Edit Signature" box in the position you want.

11. Scroll down and click on the orange "Save Signature" box.

12. Leave UserCP area, then return and go back to "Edit Signature" to see if the ticker appears. If it does, you're done.