Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery thurs and not doing so good

So surgery was thursday and all went well. I felt great in the hospital. I get home, and cant seem to get much in. I was told 60 grms of Protein, yea thats not happeing. Even when I drink Water I feel so bloated and uncomfortable, takes forever for that to pass. I have gas like crazy, and then the worst, the port pain. I am wondering what I did to myself. I bent down earlier and it hurt so bad it took my breath away, I almost passed out, it feels like fishing wire is ripping thu my stomach on the right side where the port is. When I turn, strech, bend, anything, I feel it pull, what is really going on in there? Did I make a mistake? :scared2:

so surgery was thursday and all went well. I felt great in the hospital. I get home, and cant seem to get much in. I was told 60 grms of Protein, yea thats not happeing. Even when i drink Water i feel so bloated and uncomfortable, takes forever for that to pass. I have gas like crazy, and then the worst, the port pain. I am wondering what i did to myself. I bent down earlier and it hurt so bad it took my breath away, i almost passed out, it feels like fishing wire is ripping thu my stomach on the right side where the port is. When i turn, strech, bend, anything, i feel it pull, what is really going on in there? Did i make a mistake? :scared2:

hang in there it will all get better soon i was banded 11 days ago n i know what ur going through! Best of luck to u!!

Yoco28

So surgery was thursday and all went well. I felt great in the hospital. I get home, and cant seem to get much in. I was told 60 grms of Protein, yea thats not happeing. Even when I drink Water I feel so bloated and uncomfortable, takes forever for that to pass. I have gas like crazy, and then the worst, the port pain. I am wondering what I did to myself. I bent down earlier and it hurt so bad it took my breath away, I almost passed out, it feels like fishing wire is ripping thu my stomach on the right side where the port is. When I turn, strech, bend, anything, I feel it pull, what is really going on in there? Did I make a mistake? :)

I am a day ahead of you. I had my surgery on Wednesday and I'm having much of the same doubts that you are. I'm trying to be strong, but I don't think I'm doing so well. I've even been researching lap band removal on google! I will say that the pain for me was so much better today. I'm only on Tylenol and I'm sore, but its definitely manageable. Now I'm having a hard time getting the Water in. I think I'm getting dehydrated, so I'm sitting here drinking like a fish (as much as I can without feeling sick). My tongue is turning white, I'm freezing to death even though the temp in the room is 71 (took my body temp and no fever), and I feel a constant lump in my throat. I keep telling myself that I'll be OK...wait it out for at least a couple of weeks, but its hard.

From what I've seen, many people feel this same way during the first weeks after surgery and then once the effects of surgery goes away, we're OK. I'm counting on this. Hang in there. You're not the only one going through this.....we're in it together!:scared2:

I was banded on the 14th too. I was told to have diabetic boost as my source of protien and i felt very sick after each time i drank it. This morning I had sugar free carnation instant Breakfast and was fine all day. Then I had a boost for lunch and again, felt horrible. I'm pretty sure that from now on I'm going with carnation, because the gas I get from boost isn't worth the 16g of Protein.

I had a hellish first few days too, but it does get better. My port is on my left side, i reckon, because I get serious pain there every once in a while, but even that is getting better. Just hang in there. It can only get better from here.

I am a day ahead of you. I had my surgery on Wednesday and I'm having much of the same doubts that you are. I'm trying to be strong, but I don't think I'm doing so well. I've even been researching lap band removal on google! I will say that the pain for me was so much better today. I'm only on Tylenol and I'm sore, but its definitely manageable. Now I'm having a hard time getting the Water in. I think I'm getting dehydrated, so I'm sitting here drinking like a fish (as much as I can without feeling sick). My tongue is turning white, I'm freezing to death even though the temp in the room is 71 (took my body temp and no fever), and I feel a constant lump in my throat. I keep telling myself that I'll be OK...wait it out for at least a couple of weeks, but its hard.

From what I've seen, many people feel this same way during the first weeks after surgery and then once the effects of surgery goes away, we're OK. I'm counting on this. Hang in there. You're not the only one going through this.....we're in it together!:scared2:

I am so glad I am not alone, I have been searching for removal as well LOL the pulling and bloating feeling is so bad, I can not live this way!! Have you seen your dr yet? I go see mine tomorrow, its suppose to snow here I dont care if I sled there I am going to see him!! LOL

The easiest way to get the required Protein in, is the New Whey protein bullets 42g. It is only 3 oz and each bullet has 42g of protein. The liquid is kind of thick, but two sips is all it takes to drink 1 oz. They have a tart taste, my husband says it reminds him of a sweet tart. I bought the tropical punch flavor. If you decide to buy them, they are at GNC, but be sure to buy the 42g ones, because they have some that are 26g or something like that.

Hang in there everyone. I was banded on Dec 31st, 2008 and by the 3rd of January I was going stir crazy. Couldn't eat, sleep, get up, lie down, you name it. Lortab seemed to be on the fourth hour like clockwork and when I closed my eyes, I felt dizzy like I was drunk and the room was spinning, even with my eyes closed. I was second guessing the Band and it didn't help when I read the forum and others were fine after two days. But something happened day 14. I woke up painfree and its been great ever since. Take it day by day, try to keep your mind busy and relax.

I am so glad I am not alone, I have been searching for removal as well LOL the pulling and bloating feeling is so bad, I can not live this way!! Have you seen your dr yet? I go see mine tomorrow, its suppose to snow here I dont care if I sled there I am going to see him!! LOL

I don't go to see my doctor until Feb 11, but if something goes wrong, I can always call ahead. I keep telling myself, just make it through the day. I go back to work tomorrow and I'm hoping that will distract me enough to make it through the day. I'm a teacher and 4th graders are very distracting! :scared2:

We'll get through this...hang in there. Just remember what your reasons were for getting this in the first place!

i am 7 days post-op. in the first few days you will feel this way. we just had surgery. things will get better.like on day 4. i bent down an a wave of dizzyness came over me an i thought (wow). it will get better you have to take it easy. i can get up an down the stairs ok. so we all have to take it gently.good luck everyone.

Hang in there y'all! It does get better, I had my surgery on Dec 31st 2008 so just about 3 weeks and I was not bad at all! yes I had shoulder pain from the air but it went away after a few days and remember you are swollen inside from the surgery. The swelling takes a little time to go down so that you can get something in you. Hang in there! It will get better,soon as you get some Soup , Carbs will help the weird feelings go away, Tomato Soup Low sodium is a lifesaver!

I also had a weird feeling rolling up my sternum like i had to burp turns out that was things settling down from The Hyatal hernia that got fixed while I was under, This surgery saved me before I even got it! I was Very anemic and would never have known until pre op blood work.

You will be so much happier later, just have to get thru the first week and a half.

I got banded yesterday and am having much of the same symptoms. I barely ate 5 bites each of yogurt & cottage cheese and could have no more. Keeping Water down and drinking it is hard as well. I'm also on the "every 4 hour percocet" cycle and am hoping it goes away soon. I have a very hard time sitting/getting up but other than that and my port side sore as can be, I'm doing ok. Hang in there, we're all in this together (do I feel a song coming on?:thumbup:)

Hang in there y'all! It does get better, I had my surgery on Dec 31st 2008 so just about 3 weeks and I was not bad at all! yes I had shoulder pain from the air but it went away after a few days and remember you are swollen inside from the surgery. The swelling takes a little time to go down so that you can get something in you. Hang in there! It will get better,soon as you get some Soup , Carbs will help the weird feelings go away, Tomato Soup Low sodium is a lifesaver!

I also had a weird feeling rolling up my sternum like i had to burp turns out that was things settling down from The Hyatal hernia that got fixed while I was under, This surgery saved me before I even got it! I was Very anemic and would never have known until pre op blood work.

You will be so much happier later, just have to get thru the first week and a half.

I was allowed to start cream based Soups on Sunday and I had some Creamy Tomato (Cup at Hand) and I have to say that was the best stuff I've ever had!!! It felt SOOO good going down. It took me 45 minutes to get the whole thing down, but it was glorious!

I have to say that I'm feeling better today. I only had liquid Tylenol this morning before work. I started back to work (teaching) this morning and got a wonderful surprise! We had a 2 hour delay due to the weather! I didn't have to be at school until 9, so I was able to leisurely get ready and drive in. Then, since it was inauguration day, we watched the coverage of the inauguration all day while doing various projects related to it. I also had to leave early today to take my daughter to a doctor's appointment. It was a great day to go back. I found that being busy really helped me get my mind off the band. Today was the first day I can say that I felt human again.

Also, the past 2 nights, I've been able to sleep on my left side AND on my stomach! :thumbup:

Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel after all!

I was banded on the 14th too. I was told to have diabetic boost as my source of protien and i felt very sick after each time i drank it. This morning I had sugar free carnation instant Breakfast and was fine all day. Then I had a boost for lunch and again, felt horrible. I'm pretty sure that from now on I'm going with carnation, because the gas I get from boost isn't worth the 16g of Protein.

I had a hellish first few days too, but it does get better. My port is on my left side, i reckon, because I get serious pain there every once in a while, but even that is getting better. Just hang in there. It can only get better from here.

same day as you dear! I add 1/3 cup of Non-fat dry milk to my Carnation Instant Breakfast, it adds 8g of protein with only 80 calories--every gram counts. See if you can do the same.

Can't believe you are eating soft food so soon.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow because according to my doctor's plan, I can begin with cooked veggies, Beans, pureed Soups and mashed potatoes. I'm following my doctor's plan to the letter. It's like he has staged it so every couple of days, I can add something else, so I don't get bored too much with the diet. Obviously, I'm being conservative though and MOST (80%) of what I'm still eating is full liquids.< /p>