Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wont Be Making That Mistake Again!

What has been an absolute no-no after first-hand experience?

Edited by doodleallday

Hi! Didn't you just have your surgery like a week ago, or am I insane? (either is equally likely)

Ok I see you're supposed to be on pureed/blended foods. Why,then, are you eating muffins and salad? You do know you have that postop diet for a reason? Your stomach churns to digest...and your body isn't really ready for that yet.

(1) The point of the post was to provide a thread for people to gripe about what didn't work for them.

(2) What's the difference between chewing food until its pureed in your mouth. I'm talking liquid, not just chewing for a while. Please don't let this thread turn into a post about what I should eat or the difference between a blender and my mouth. Digestive juices churn when gum is chewed- or is gum not allowed, either? (And by saying all of this, I'm probably gonna have jinxed myself or something. Knock on wood!)

No your stomach doesn't churn unless there's a bolus of food (like salad greens) in there. But you are a grown up and can do what you want, even if it isn't what the doc told you! You don't have to follow his rules.

So to respond to your thread as you meant it:

After not following the diet and not getting my band on the first try, i've been pretty good about following my doc's orders and fortunately haven't had anything bad happen! :)

Ummm...did I miss something? All she asked in the first post was what was an absolute no-no and the next post was ripping on her for eating muffins and salad. Where did THAT come from? Am I not getting all the posts or what? I'm so confused. Maybe its the lortab???

doodleallday: for me it was a not well chewed bite (or too big a bite) of stuffing and corn bread and another time - 2 onion rings. Is this the info you wanted? I think it's different for everyone.

Ummm...did I miss something? All she asked in the first post was what was an absolute no-no and the next post was ripping on her for eating muffins and salad. Where did THAT come from? Am I not getting all the posts or what? I'm so confused. Maybe its the lortab???

I think the OP edited their original comment. I don't think it is the lortab this time.

I think the OP edited their original comment. I don't think it is the lortab this time.

OK... thanks! I didn't see the edited thing. I didn't think you could edit your message after it was sent. I'm still learning all the ins and outs of LBT. :)

Yes, she did edit it quite a bit! LOL

She ate salad and muffins and was in great pain. And I didn't "rip" her (believe me, I can go off on someone, and that wasn't ripping her!) I asked why she was eating muffins and salad because, per the info I saw on HER profile, she is supposed to be on a very different diet. I thought maybe she didn't know how important it was to follow that diet so I asked "Why are you eating muffins and salad?" If that's ripping her, we're all doomed! :)

However, she, as we all, can eat what we want. We're grown ups. I don't know her and don't "care" if she wants to eat foods not on her doc's diet! It's her prerogative.

Who has no sense of humor, me? You're kidding, right?

(irony happening here)

Good I thought I'd lost my mind (it does tend to slip away from me now and then and go out on its own!) :)

Anyway regardless I hope Doodle feels better and makes it through bandster hell without any more mishaps! :wink2:

Yes, she did edit it quite a bit! LOL

She ate salad and muffins and was in great pain. And I didn't "rip" her (believe me, I can go off on someone, and that wasn't ripping her!) I asked why she was eating muffins and salad because, per the info I saw on HER profile, she is supposed to be on a very different diet. I thought maybe she didn't know how important it was to follow that diet so I asked "Why are you eating muffins and salad?" If that's ripping her, we're all doomed! :glare:

However, she, as we all, can eat what we want. We're grown ups. I don't know her and don't "care" if she wants to eat foods not on her doc's diet! It's her prerogative.

Thanks...I thought I was going crazy for a minute! It would have been ripping her if you had responded the way you did based on the post that I saw, but now I understand fully! :glare: Yes, muffins and salad is a no-no for me right now too. Now I can see where your concern came from and things were not as they seemed. :huh2: