Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have bladder problems, gone after the band??

I am wondering if anyone had their weak bladder problem get much better after the band and loosing weight?? ;)

I didn't have a band, but I had wls and lost almost 70 lb. and my bladder is as weak as ever. I'm a bit disappointed, actually. But I suspect my problems were not weight related, but age and having babies related.

I had the cough, sneeze and some leakage problem to the point that I was wearing panty liners daily just in case.

It was completely resolved after I lost the first 30 pounds. I have never had another episode since that time. I think mine must have been entirely weight related since it was so easily resolved.

I have lost 30# as well and I can hold my urine longer and don't have leakage problems either, barb

I havent had WLS yet but i lost 20lb so far in preop, I had a leaking problem too, and Now its basically gone..

I have lost around 30 lbs and have noticed that I'm able to hold my urine longer. Although I've never had a leakage problem, I have suffered from frequency and urgency which kept me going to the bathroom very often before the weight loss. This was extremely inconvenient and really limited my lifestyle. Now that the urgency has disappeared I'm able to delay voiding quite a bit longer. I can go places and not be so concerned about whether I'll have access to a bathroom.

No I still have to get up countless times at night. I wish someone would come up with a solution as I am always tired from the lack of proper sleep.< /p>

When I went to my urologist for my problem before my band, he said to wait until I loose some weight after the band, as this could definitely improve the problem. And tho' it did improve some, I am scheduled to have prolapse surgery on the 16th. My sister had to have it and several friends and they say they have no more problems! You might want to see an urologist and let them run tests to determine the cause of the problem. Good luck!

You might want to get a sleep study...I did and was diagnosed with sleep apnea. Since I have been on cpap, I only get up once at the most. Was getting up 4-5 times per night. The sleep apnea raises your blood glucose, which causes your kidneys to be over-active. AM blood glucose levels are down over 30 pts too!

Thats an interesting perspective. I have never ever been told previously that my over active bladder could be from sleep apnea.

Thats what the sleep center staff told me.. Alot of people get up think it was the urge to go to the bathroom when in fact it was them stop breathing that woke up them and since they are up they feel the urge to go to the bathroom...

Thats what the sleep center staff told me.. Alot of people get up think it was the urge to go to the bathroom when in fact it was them stop breathing that woke up them and since they are up they feel the urge to go to the bathroom...

That definitetly isn't what happens in my case. I am usually asleep, dreaming happilly and my dream will start to feature toilets! But there is always something wrong with the toilet in my dream(blocked, dirty, queue etc) which is my signal that I actually need to wake myself up and go! Heaven forbid I ever dream about a perfect toilet one day.

I have lost 40 lbs since getting the band and I no longer have any leakage issues or have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I think I noticed this about 10 lbs ago.

We've received one common request over the last year+ from members on LapBandTalk who've undergone or are interested in the Realize® Band procedure: An online community they can call their own.

Following the success of LapBandTalk and VerticalSleeveTalk, we're happy to announce that we've just launched the beta release of the Realize Band Support Community, located at RealizeBandSupport.com . We're confident that you'll find what you're looking for at the new Realize Band Support (RBS) Community.

If you're currently a member of LapBandTalk or VerticalSleeveTalk, you can just log in with your current credentials, there's no need to sign up for a new account.

Log in now to join the REALIZE Band community and become one of our founding members!

Wondering if Realize® Band is the right choice for you? Looking for information and community after your Realize Band Surgery? Look no further. You'll find everything you need at RealizeBandSupport.com .

I started LapBandTalk the night I came home from surgery mid July 2003. Following my own Lap-Band® procedure, I was looking for information and community support. I came across a few helpful web sites, but they all lacked a sense of actually belonging to a group of people who share many similarities, struggles and habits.

After years of researching and reaching out to the community, we've been able to build the most comprehensive online resources for all types of Weight Loss Surgeries. Hundreds of thousands of registered members contribute amazing stories and useful information to our pages.