Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?'s on SEX POSTBAND - NEED 2 KNOW ...

Post band ... how was hetero intercourse? How long did you wait? Is there issues with positions? I have other questions on this same topic but hopefully folks will give me the honest 411 on this ... thank you in advance .... blushing.gif

I apologize for the personal question ... I just mean if it is something I should know - no major details please.

Without a plan, one plans to fail ...

RANT ...

I rarely post on this site because it seems like I rarely get replies ... just not helpful ... oh well it is what it is i guess people dont know ... cant hold people accountable for what they don't know right?

I can't remember exactly but it doesn't seem like it was too terribly long (within the week) to get back to normal activities including intercourse. I think maybe the next week I was back up in action (LOL!). Definitely not the first few days because you will be a little sore etc. I had a pain medicine ball too for a couple of days.

Good luck!

Well, I was still in some pain but I was ready for sex within a couple weeks. There are positions that irritated my band more than others. Anything that involved laying on my stomach was a no-no. Once, my wife was on top and shebraced herself on my stomach, I thought I was going to cry. The only real danger is moving too hard or too fast and giving yourself a hernia. Probably best to follow Dr.'s advice on when to get back in the saddle:thumbup:. I can live without food but don't take away sex, besides, it's good exercise.:thumbup:

Well, I was still in some pain but I was ready for sex within a couple weeks. There are positions that irritated my band more than others. Anything that involved laying on my stomach was a no-no. Once, my wife was on top and shebraced herself on my stomach, I thought I was going to cry. The only real danger is moving too hard or too fast and giving yourself a hernia. Probably best to follow Dr.'s advice on when to get back in the saddle:thumbup:. I can live without food but don't take away sex, besides, it's good exercise.:thumbup:

LoL I agree, thank you so much! These posts were both very helpful ... embarrasing to ask, but definitely something it seems people would want to know.

What I heard which may not be helpful, is, When it feels better than hurts it's time to have sex again.

Each person is different.

But slow and easy is the best approach. Only you know what will feel okay, and in the moment.

I'm sure your mate will happily go at the pace you deam neccessary.

I am 3.5 weeks post op. We tried at about 2.5 weeks - it hurt too much, Ive been scared to try again. But today I feel great - so maybe its about time to try again :wink:

I think just take it easy the first time, base it on how u feel - just like exercise!

Have fun!

Julie that is very helpful thank you, it makes perfect sense, thank you for sharing with me, my husband is very understanding, I just am so informed on everything about this but the sexual part ... thank you so much really!

I am 3.5 weeks post op. We tried at about 2.5 weeks - it hurt too much, Ive been scared to try again. But today I feel great - so maybe its about time to try again :wink:

I think just take it easy the first time, base it on how u feel - just like exercise!

Have fun!

2.5 weeks? Wow ... that is a while too I would think, I guess it depends on the size and amount of activity too, on the other site OH I got lots of responses and it seems .. slow & steady is the way ... hope you find a way to enjoy yourself ...

I agree, when you feel like it, watch your positioning, find something that is comfortable, and go with it....I was never given any restrictions regarding sexual activity.

A pain ball or pain bolus, is a round plastic ball full of liquid pain medication that has very thin tubes going directly into your incision, and they come in different sizes, lasting for different lengths of time. The medication slowly moves from the ball into the incision. It works with suction similar to drain tubes.

I did not have one with the band....there was no need. Besides there are 4-5 "incisions". In my case the port site is the largest, and was maybe 1.5 inches long. Another was about an inch, then 3 small poke holes. I took pain meds by mouth within 6 hours post op, and by the second day was using Tylenol only.

I have had the pain ball for my hysterectomy and for my TT--and DH had a much bigger one for his open heart surgery for his mitral valve.

Sometimes these threads move really fast, and if you do not get a response try bumping it back to the top--they get buried, and lost. Sorry you aren't getting responses.

The subject is also part of the problem, we get a lot of jokesters on the subject, so people just avoid it!

Kat

I can only speak from a male prospective - Sex is much better without the extra pounds, and the band causes no problems at (in any position tried).

Ever notice how talk about sex in the ladies room attracts all the men? :)

Anyway... This question has come up a lot on LBT and the most common answer seems to be whenever you feel up to it.

I remember one lady who asked her doctor at a follow up visit and he said something to the effect of, "well, at least wait until you've left my office." :)

Just don't make it too rough at first... :(

Good luck!

Brad