Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The January 15th Band Party!

Hi everyone! Just checking!!

Things went really well yesteday - started around 11am, back in my room a little before three, and they sent me home around 8pm last night.

Only taking about half the cose of roxicet b/c I don't havemuch pain at all!

I was shocked -t hey gave me pills, not liquid pain meds! but they said that's what they always give!! IThey said I could dplit the pills if I have a mental block about taking them, but that they are fine to take -- i coudl;t believe it! (They said it was because they dissolve so quickly)

SO.... doing fine, up and wlaking about. I slept downstairs last ngith b/c we don't have a bathroom upstairs and our bed is REALLY high.

Eating my popsices, Jello, and Water - looking forward ot the next few weeks!

I'll write more soon!

SOOO glad I did this! So far, so GREAT!!

I just made it back home and man, am I sore/tender. They said I was a perfect patient and everything went beautifully. When I finally was able to have a popsicle today, it was by far the best popsicle I've ever had. I'm so glad to be out of the hospital, relaxing at home. Hope you're all doing as well!

Well, everything is going as expected after the surgery....sooooo sore but fine....trying to walk and drink my liquids...I did have a hernia when he got in there that he fixed. It didnt show up on all my preop stuff. Surgery took a little longer than expected because of that. Was on a pca pump for pain afterwards but now home and taking liquid pain meds which works but not like the pca....lol.... Hope all is well with you all and I will check back soon.

Woke up this morning feeling GREAT!!!....Sore of course but can tell I have more energy!! Yesterday was a booger!!!! Just checking in and hoping all is well with you all. I have already had my 2oz of Breakfast and now gonna go walk around the house and get in shower.... Check in and let us know how you all are doing!!!

Hi all - sorry I didn't join in sooner, I was stressing out about the whole surgery thing. But it's over now and I'm doing ok. We arrived at the hospital at 530am and I was the first surgery of the day at 7. We left at 1130am, 6 hours total.

Today has been the second most uncomfortable day so far, I think the sharp pains are still just gas. GasX, pacing the house and walking around the block have not helped. I am DEFINITELY looking forward to feeling better! I am also looking forward to some cottage cheese tomorrow (like you said melly, it will be the BEST cottage cheese ever!!).

Taking a couple more days off work (well work at home - I am getting kind of bored). Hope you all are doing GREAT!!!

How is everyone doing? I am totally off my pain meds and have moved to ibuprofen only. I can finally sleep on my sides, so I think the rest is really helping my recovery. Hope you are all well!

Mellygirl - i am SO jealous you can sleep on your side!!! Can't wait for that day! am pretty stiff and sore when I wake up after sleeping on my back...

I am doing well, not as great as I had hoped (my family keeps telling me to drop the over achiever bit and just get better at my own pace! :wink2:)

Up and about each day, feeling better each day. Not much pain, mostly just uncomfortable gas and a tightnees/soreness around my abdominals.

I thought I would be out and about, to the stores, running errands, maybe even anxious to get back to work by today, but that is not the case. I am still quit happy in my sweats and in the house!

I HAVE to be at work Thursday for a very important meeting that will last at least half the day so I am trying to tell myself to take is as easy as possible the next two days to allow lots of healing!!

The scales says I have lost about 25 pounds (since begining my pre-op on the 5th) but I don't think that is true because all of my clothes fit exactly the same and I would have thought 25 pounds would make SOME diference!

Actually, somethings are tight, pants that is, so i am wondering if I am bloated from the gas used in surgery still or from swelling??

Hope everyone is doing well!

I was scared to sleep on my sides at first, because my band is on one side and my port is on the other, so really the back was the way to go. I just could not sleep on my back for more than about 5 hours at a time because I would wake up stiff and sore too. Finally I just had to bite the bullet and do it. It hurt for a minute or two, but then I relaxed and got comfortable and I sleep SO much better now. I still have some tenderness and itching around my steri strips, which look like they should fall off any time. Do any of you feel like you are constantly trying to fight an air bubble? I get these spells where I am semi hiccuping/burping, but I never release the air. This happens on an empty belly and after I eat, it's just random and not all the time. I'm sure it's nothing big, but it really is an obnoxious feeling. It sounds like everyone is doing pretty well. Hope you're all taking it easy!

HI JAN 15TH BANDSTERS,

I JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW IM DOING. SURGERY WENT WELL. DIDN'T HAVE MUCH PAIN,TO BE HONEST. IM STILL SORE,BUT I KNOW IT COULD BE WORST. STILL HAVING TROUBLE FINDING A COMFORTABLE POSITION TO sleep IN.

MY CLASSES STARTED ON THE 20TH,SO I HAVE THE TASK OF JUGGLING SCHOOL AND MAKING SURE I FOLLOW THE PLAN AS WELL. SO FAR SO GOOD. AT LEAST IM GETTING ALOT OF WALKING IN AND PLUS,THE 30 MIN I DO EVERYDAY. TAKING IT SLOW. I WANT TO BE AS FIT AS POSSIBLE,BUT I DONT WANT TO RUSH THINGS,EITHER.

I WILL UPDATE AGAIN SOON. HOPE YOU ALL ARE DOING GREAT.

MUV LUV ALWAYS,

LILI:thumbup:

Lili, I was wondering about you! So glad you're doing great! I go back to the Dr. on Tuesday for my follow-up, and hopefully he'll give me permission to have some semi-real food! lol

lili, i was wondering about you! So glad you're doing great! I go back to the dr. On tuesday for my follow-up, and hopefully he'll give me permission to have some semi-real food! Lol

hey melly! Thanks for checking in. Yes,no complaints on my end........just trying to be focused and follow what ive been told. Have more energy..........i know your check up will go well and you can start on the mushy food stage......lol

stay in touch

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't checked in in a while. I had a very miserable first 6days. The pain was nothing compared to the gas. I had soooooooooo much gas that I believed that anyone could have come along and put a string on my finger and I would have floated away.:mad: The gasx and walking did not help. Only thing that was hard to figure out was whether or not I was hunger. I stayed over night in hosp. and when I got home the next day, the nurse from the program called and told me to start full liquids on Monday. The original instructions were to do Clear Liquids day 2-6, then full 7-14. She stated that they were updating the guidelines and will give out new instructions at the support/nutrition meetings. I was very weak the first 6 days because I could only get in 100-250 cals on any given day. The gas prevented me from getting anything of significance in. I had no energy for more than 1hr., after which I would have to go lie down for hours. I went out the for the first time on post-op day 5, and could barely walk. I did it anyway, but when I finally sat down, I was panting as if I had just run a marathon.:lol: On day 7, the gas had started to really move, and it felt so good to be able to relieve myself effectively. I had more energy and was actually able to eat 400 cals. w/32oz of Water for the day. It also was the first time I felt hungry and felt like I was full. I had my post-op appt. on friday, and it went great. I am down to 223.5, which is 6.3lbs from day of surgery, and 36.5lbs. since I started my journey back to health.:thumbdown::lol: I am glad that I have u guys to talk to and keep me on track. I started puree foods today, and choose not to have blended meats. I will stick to egg whites and cheese and Cereal and greek yogurt.

I hope we all continue to meet the challenges that is waiting ahead for us. I will be here for everyone, as I hope u all will be here for me.

Talk to ya soon,

Dawn

It's so nice to have a whole other group of people exactly where you are in the process. I really appreciate all of your postings and updates!:lol:

At just over a week post-op, I am finally almost human and can sit comfortably on the couch again. I am jealous of Melly's ability to sleep on her side, can't do that yet unfortunately. The gas is FINALLY almost gone, but I too think my belly is still bigger than when I went in, even though I've lost weight.

A little better every day, thank god. My only real problem now is that my port incision is right beneath my breastbone and is constantly hit by my bra (and braless is NOT an option). Friday I nearly ran home from work so I could get the bra OFF! My port area is very, very, tender :mad: and I have sharp pains when I bend or twist. Others on the site say this will go away and I hope they are right.

I've been doing so much better and been so much happier :lol: since I started on the mush diet. No problem in getting Protein in without nasty Protein drinks. Cottage cheese, yogurt, hummus, refried Beans, applesauce, tofu, scrambled eggs and split pea Soup (Andersen's has 18g Protein per can and it's delicious!) are keeping me going.

Good luck and speedy recoveries to all of you!:thumbdown:

Hi everyone! Just checking in!

SOOO... I felt absolutely horrible on Thursday. Almost called out sick from work on Friday - I was runnign to the bathroom all night thursday and in to Friday morning. Fridya afternoon, I decided to have chicken Soup - I usually just eat the broth, but I also took in some of the mushy soft carrots. I swear to you, it was like I was a new person!!

Almost instantly I felt better! And I have been feeling like this ever since - like a whole new person instantly!

I can take bigger sips, actually able to get all my liquids in, very little pain except for one incision that is bothering me and has a big black and blue all around it. I swear, I feel so good I want to order pizza tonight for dinner!! LOL

On a serious note, I want to order pizza for dinner tonight.:thumbdown: I feel so good that I feel like I want to cheat, but I know my stomach is NOT healed well enoguth and i have to give it the full month to heal before I try ANYTHING. it is just hard when I feel this good and I am HUNGERY!!!!

My second week diet does include mushies, but only VERY specific things and only 2 half cup servings all day - stillsuppsed to be on mostly Protein shakes. Ugh. So funny how different everyone is. Makes it hard to stick with what you have been given when everyone else's sound MUCH better!

Two weeks out!! How is everyone feeling??

I am a little more sore than I have been - feel like ihave been punched in the gut a bunch of times, still can;t sleep on my side, and still sore when getting out of bed, up off the couch etc. I had to babysit my little neice yesterday = changing diapers and picking her up/carrying her, so that might explain some of it.

Anyone else still achy/sore??

I think I am going to start back at the gym this weekend, mostly just walking on a treadmill. Can't wait til I get back to Water aerobics!

SO, just thought I would check in - our group got pretty quiet! Hope everyone is doing well!