Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The January 15th Band Party!

I thought I would start a thread so those of us being banded on the 15th can talk and discuss our progress since we are all at exactly the same point in our journeys. Hopefully we can offer advice and support to one another and it will be nice to have others who are feeling "exactly" what we are because they are in the same boat. I hope to hear from you all! Only two more days til Surgery day! I am so excited and nervous, how about you all?

I am nervous too I just want it over with. LOL I dont like being put under at all!! However, on my one week liquid pre op, from thursday to today, I have lost ten pounds, its excititng to know its a start of more to come!! How is everyone else doing on their pre op diet if you have one? It has been so hard for me to keep going, some moments I think is this a sick joke, I am STARVING!!! Our day is almost here guys!!!

Hi! January 15th here!

I don't have a pre-op diet, but I decided to do soemthing on my own -- figured it couldn't hurt! Last night I cheated - bougth that dreaded pint of ben and jery's on the way home. I ate about half of it and thought, this doesn't even taste that good -this not worth it! and threw the rest away!!

Two more days!! WooHoo!

I have decied one of my golas is to start taking yoga (once I am small enough toactually get my body in to those positions!!) My family (and i mean my WHOLE family) rents a big beach house for a week each summer and I have this dream of waking up early and doing yoga on the beach.. so that is my "happy place" whenI get nervous or when I am tryign to relax in the hospital.. yoga on the beach, yoga on the beach, yoga on the beach....

:lol:

Hi to you all,

I'm so ready for the 15th. It can get here fast enough. Nervous,but excited at the same time. I wish you all the very best on Thursday. We will be fine. Please,stay in contact.

Good luck!

Lili:laugh:

Hello ladies,

I guess I'm not nervous yet. I know it's fast approaching, but not nervous yet. I can't wait til they call me tomorrow with my arrival time. Looking forward to completing my dream of finally feeling the person I see in the mirror. I have lost 29lbs from my highest wt. So doing pretty good.

I have a one day pre-op diet, but I started a liquid diet on Monday, cheated by 8pm w/ funyuns. Other than that, I've been good. So far, so good today, hopes it stays that way.

I will definitely check in tomorrow to wish everyone an successful journey on Thursday. I will be there over night, coming home on friday.

Good luck!:laugh:

I am so glad you guys decided to check out this thread! I myself, did not have a pre-op diet at all, but I've been trying to do a lower carb high Protein plan on my own. I almost wish I had a plan I was supposed to follow because I keep falling into the, "well - I don't even have to do this anyway" attitude, and it's easy to get sidetracked. That's the part of this that I find so unusual, every doctor has a totally different pre & post op diet.

So, what time does everyone have to report and how long are you supposed to stay? I go in at 6:00 am and should be having surgery by 8:00 and finished an hour later. I'm expected to get out of the hospital by early afternoon on Friday.

I have to be there by 9am on Thursday for a 10:30 surgery. My doctor says I could go home that afternoon if I am doing well!!

I also have to tell you about a revelation i had this afternoon.....

I don't HAVE to be on a pre-op diet either, so the smae thoughts creep in.. well, I don't really have to do this right now. And this afternoon I was hungry.

We were driving by a Wendy's and I was hungry.

That's when I said to myself -- SO WHAT?!? So, your hungry, what's the big deal?

You had a head ache but you still ran your errands; you stubbed your toe and it hurt, but you put your shoes on and went to church; you had a back ache, but you went to work and sat at your desk even though it is uncomfortable. Why the heck does the world have to stop because you are hungry?? I was uncomfortable and my stomach hurt a little. So what?

I got home less than 10 minutes later and had a Protein shake. The world didn't come to a screeching halt becuase I was hungry, and I didn't pull in to Wendy's.

I know that may sound silly, but it was a huge deal for me. The second I feel like I might need to eat something, I eat four of somethings. Not any more. Gosh for bid I feel a little hungry. Deal with it.

SO.. that was just my little two cents for the day. I know it helped me a ton and I feel like it is a pretty huge break through for me. Maybe it will help someone else!

I totally agree with you. I was on a pre-op diet for 2 weeeks and i would be out and felt i needed to eat something,but i needed to wait to get home. Thats where my Protein Shakes are............and i didnt go grab something. I waited to get home.......

Thats a big deal...............

Well,tommorrow is the day and i wishing you all the very best. God bless you all!

Hi all,

well my arrival time is at 12:30p. I was kind of hoping for an earlier time, but atleast I have one. I just realized how much this will be a BIG life change. As I sit here and read everyone's post, I am thinking if only I can eat my last chocolate bar. I want to soooooooooo bad, but I won't. I only had to do the pre op diet today. I will survive, I hope:wink2:. I believe we all will be fine. I have to be in til friday so, I won't be on til the wkend.

God Bless,

Dawn

Happy Surgery Eve everyone! Don't forget to pack some stretchy/loose clothes for coming home.

Hello fellow Jan 15th Bandsters....Sorry it has taken me this long to join you all....Had alot of stuff to do at work before the surgery. I am taking some much needed time off afterwards.

I am soooooooo excited. I really hate being "put under" but no choice in that matter.....lol....Other than that, I am ready to embark on the new era in my life that is fast approaching.

I did have a preop diet. 10 days worth of just liquids and did not cheat. I too was thinking....ok....I could stop by and get this pizza and breadsticks....one last good greasy meal before the surgery....its not gonna hurt...but I didn't...just had to talk myself out of it...literally....lol

I show up at 530 in the morning....I have to spend the night due to my sleep apnea....but should be home by noon on friday....so will catch up with everyone then....

I will say a prayer for all of you and please say one for me.

Good luck all and god bless.:thumbup:

So it's 2:45 am on surgery day, and I cannot sleep due to my husband's snoring and a little bit of jitters. :thumbup:) I have to take a shower and get ready to leave at 4:00 am, so I figured I may as well pop on here and wish everyone wonderful, routine surgeries since I am so wide awake! I prayed for all of us this morning and I can't wait to catch up with everyone this weekend. God bless you all!

well, it's time for me to get ready to head out the door. I am NOW nervous. I hope and pray everyone has an uneventful journey into the world of lapband.

God Bless,

Dawn

Hey all 15th-ers:

Hope everyone is doing well and wishin' u all a speedy recovery...remember- gas x, walking, & sugar free lifesaver ice pops are ur friend! LOL! Good Luck all! :wink: