Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Hi pvtash61,

I wanted to check in and see how things are going with the plateau that you hit. I am in exactly the same boat. I think I am eating around the band.

I hope that you are doing well. It really helpe me to see the tips adn comments on this post and hope that everyone is well.

Hi there, sorry so late to answer back. I had a wonderful class reunion, still working on memory book, almost done. I have had a set back. Not sure if I have slipped my band, will find out tomorrow at Dr. visit. I have not had a fill since April, was doing good, no real big discomfort. But I wasnt eating much of solids either! Just most recently I have been having horrible pain after meals, even soft stuff, liquids. I call the doc and went in, he removed all saline in band (4.5cc). Ordered a upper GI, did that on Wed. now go back and see what it shows. I am afraid the symptoms match a slippage. I have been reading any info on this, trying to understand what will be the next step. I have managed to get to 201 on the scale. I am happy about that, would love to see 199!! How are you doing? Where are you at the scale?? All my best, please keep me in your prayers. Patti

Hi Patty,

I wanted to see how you were doing? Did you have slippage on your band? I am so sorry I have not written, it seems like the days are flying by. I am doing ok but have hit a big stand still. I found outthat chips and dip go through the band quite well and with all the cookouts we go to I have had a struggle.

I am down about 31 lbs but it is so frustrating. I need to get back on track.

Please let me know how you are. You have been in my prayers.

Kara

Kara

When I read your reply about how easy it is to eat around the band with all the picnics you go to it made me wonder how I'll get through the holidays. I've promised myself that apple pie will be my treat but I'm scared 1 piece could turn into many pieces, thats what happened with carrot cake last month ughhh I'm also wondering if anyone has thought about winter exercise. I mostly walk and do yard work and once there is ice or snow that becomes a no no for me. I know its not good to stress but I am worried about a big drop in activity and all if I can't find a way to replace will the scale be mean to me......other than the carrot cake I've worked so hard and skipped so many things to get weight off. Last year I was doing my nutrition visits during and gained, I didn't have it in me to not join in the eating frenzy, any idea would be appreciated

I swim thats my exercise. I live on a military base that has a indoor and outdoor pool. I do outdoor in the summer and indoor in the winter ..Well what ever winter we have in FL LOL... I need to start doing weight leftung working out. As far as the pie go have that pie and if you feel like you need anohter piece get it and put salt all over it. I have done this many times with the salt lol. I wish you the best of luck :thumbup:

Gabby

Thanks Saundra and happy 6 months to everyone too!

Honestly, I thought I'd be further along than this, but I have to remind myself that it is a slow slope down.

Went on vacation to see husband's family for a week and actually lost a pound, even though we ate out at restaurants the whole time. In the past that would be a guaranteed gain. So I guess I can't complain.

I know what you mean, my dr kind of had to remind me that I was doing well and not bad, as I see it. I think the initial weight loss sets high expectations, well it did for me. Now I feel like I only loose when I get a fill. Seems to guarantee a 4-5 jump for me and then I seem to get stuck again.

I just went through the craziest experience, we thought for sure my band had slipped this past weekend, horrible pain hurt to eat or drink. Turned out to be a drug called minocycline my md had put me on for rosea* (sp). I was so relieved to find out that little pill caused so much trouble, I couldn't imagine another surgery but the thought of no band was just as bad. So glad thats behind me now.

I'm curious how many calories do your drs want you to eat at this point, mines saying 700 including the 180 I get when I drink the bullet, so that leaves me 500 :biggrin: definately another fill in my future I'm sure

Hi Everyone!!

It has been forever since ive posted. Just busy with life I guess.

My weight loss has been going really great but it is not easy. I am working my butt off and can be found in the gym all the time. I actually didnt realize I would like exercise so much.

I have just had a little setback that I hope will be resolved quickly. On Sunday I started having this severe pain around my port area and on both sides of my ribs. It was some of the worst pain ive ever felt and it went right through to my back. I went to the emergency room where they were convinced it had to be a band problem (no one does lap band around here so none of the doctors know anything about it). After 6 hours in the emergency room, they found out I had gallstones (very common for people with rapid weight loss). Now it will be back to the operating room to have my gall bladder out. I am not looking forward to it but im in so much pain that I couldnt even work yesterday. I am going to try to work today though with no meds. :smile2: We will see how that goes.

I hope everyone else is doing good!!

Angela

Colorado girl

One of the first things my drs nurse asked me when I called was if I still had my gall bladder, of course it seemed odd at the time till I went and did some research.....makes you wonder why they don't just take it the appendix and anything else we don't have to have in there out so we could avoid more surgeries but I guess that would be a bit much.

With any luck you'll probably boost your weight loss with this surgery since eatings not usually at the top of the list right afterwords. I am sorry for your set back though. Keep us posted.

((((((((HUGS))))))))

Well, my gallbladder is gone forever. I had it taken out on Friday and im feeling pretty good. My surgeon said that the "band tube" kept getting in the way but that he worked around it without any complications. He saved one of my gallstones for me (I know it sounds gross) and its huge. He cut it in half so I could see the inside and the half of it is as big around as a quarter. He said I had 2 that size and tons of little ones. Im so glad it is out of there now. I think it will be a little set back to my weight loss since I cant exercise but I will get back to it in no time.

Hope everyone is well!

Wow, Colorado! I wish you a speedy recovery! I heard gallstones are a painful, painful thing.

Hit a plateau yet again. Like Saundra, it seems I only lose weight right around the fill and then level out.

I put a calorie/workout counter ap on my iphone, but it seems the calories per day that are supposed to make me lose a pound a week are too high. Going to reduce them this week and try again. I don't mind slow weight loss, but a month of nothing is ridiculous!

Amy

I've used the body bugg and finally got frustrated with it, just seems like at the end of the week nothing works but a fill. My dr says come get one any week I don't loose a pound but that just seems so drastic, not to mention I have to travel over an hour and am stuck t my DH's work the rest of the day. Strange how the fills cause me to loose 4-5 lbs and I can maintain that weight easily. Loosing without the fill seems about impossible though:thumbdown: I may schedule one for week after next, my last fill hurt pretty bad for some reason, anyone run into a particularily painful fill yet?

No painful fills yet, but I have a hard time going to get fills too. Not only is it expensive, but I have to drive 3 hours there and 3 more hours back.

I'm just worried that I won't have enough fill room to reach my goal since I have a 4cc band and I already have 2.5 in there. Maybe if they stopped filling it so much each time. Who knows.

I was wondering how that body bugg worked out. Sad to hear it didn't really help.

After about a two month plateau, I'm just feeling *whaaaaa* right now. I'll get over it. :sad:

Good luck!

Theres a dozen reasons I've laid mine down, who knows I may put it back on. I'm not against them, just haven't clicke with mine the way I hoped. I think if I weren't so limited physically maybe it would be differant. I've read a lot of good things from other banders

Hi Everyone,

I hope it's OK for me to join in with you all in your struggle. I was banded on January 20. Things are certainly not the way I envisioned, but overall I'm pretty happy with the process.

I have to say I'm a little shocked to hear that you mostly had results after 2 or 3 fills. I didn't see any appreciable change until after 6 and right now I think I'm where I should have been in March, after 13 fills.

I have lost 43 lbs since the surgery, (13 in the last 2 months - after lots and lots of fills) After having read some of the threads here, I think I will call my Dr's office today and find out how much my band holds and how much is in it.

Thanks for letting me "in"

Sherry