Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congratulations!

I was so relieved to discover they actually sleep (almsot constantly) the first few days. I had several weeks of insomnia prior to delivery and really needed the rest.

The routine will come. You won't see it coming. Kind of like with weightloss, when you suddenly realize you went up those stairs without losing your breath... you'll suddenly realize that you have a good idea when X is going to happen, what time you have to start Y by to finish on time, etc.

But enough about that, seems I have a thread I need to finish reading. :tongue2:

That's good to know.. And glad you found time to pop in :tongue2:

thanks for popping in Wheetsin! :tongue2:

it is good to know that a routine will eventually come... he's kinda in one now, but just looks like he broke it cause he's been eating CONSTANTLY ... before he was going 2 - 3.5 hours (max) between feeds ... lately, its been every 90 mins or so... growth spurt i guess ... although he is still VERY much a peanut (preemie clothes are still too big)..

i went for a fill yesterday... after losing all my Water weight (what i gained due to hypertension - lost immediately after delivery), it turns out i only gained 20 pounds... which was a huge shocker!! although i look like i've gained a good 40-50 still for some reason...

Well for my 44lb gain, I have only gone up 1 size.. I can still fit into my size 12 pants, but it's not comfortable..I wear my size 14 normal pants (way low) or size 12/14 maternity pants. Although none of my non-maternity shirts fit at all, they look like halter tops trying to put them over my belly.

notice i didnt mention HOW MUCH my Water weight gain was... (let's just say total gain is still more than yours...)

i dont think we should obsess about weight gain right during pregnancy... i really dont... i mean 100 pounds, that would be an issue cause its not healthy, but 'average gain' is what 15-35? so you're a bit more than average ... so what. you'll drop it quickly ...

I agree that worrying about weight gain and our lifelong obsessions with body size are never more inappropriate than when we are pregnant. It's perfectly healthy and normal to be a bit bummed or annoyed even at the fact that we will have to work harder to lose weight after childbirth, but as long as weight gain during pregnancy doesn't affect our health or the health of our children, then it is merely something we should see with humor and grace as one more thing to worry about later on.

Easy to say unless you have my obgyn. And I like to think it's only because of the special circumstances (pelvic kidney, not wanting C-Section as an option and baby needs to not be too big), and not that she's just a bitch about weight gain. But it really seems like--and she is gorgeous any way you put it. She looks like a slender sexy 20 year old.. when she's actually a 40 something mother-of-3 20 year olds (I still get hung up on her looks, I never believed she was her age). In any event, it's hard listening to her lecture about my gain.. although (Maybe I mentioned this?) I lost weight since my last appt. and the nurse weighing me said that and I'm like "YUP I am glad you noticed!!" and then when doc came in, she ALWAYS first said something about my weight gain--this time, she didn't even acknowledge the loss. Not even to say "You didn't gain"--nothing--not one word about the weight.

Did rub me the wrong way. Too late in the game, but I kind of wish I had changed docs, she just doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. She was fine for a gyn, but as an obgyn I want someone who makes me smile and feels happy about the whole thing.. she always makes me feel uncomfortable and like I'm annoying her by being there, so I rarely ask questions.

Too late in the game, but I kind of wish I had changed docs, she just doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. She was fine for a gyn, but as an obgyn I want someone who makes me smile and feels happy about the whole thing.

I immediately switched to a different ob doctor and dropped my gyn when I found out I was preggers. I am so happy I did that because you have to spend more time with this doctor than any others.

I think it is never too late to switch if you are not happy. You are going to see this doctor more and more as you get closer to delivery. Medical records are easily transferrable . . . maybe even to someone in the same group.

If it is any consolation, you typically have the on call doctor for delivery which is seldom your actual ob doctor. At least it has been that way for me and most people I know who have delivered recently.

i agree with Heather - if you truly are that unhappy, transfer docs... maybe interview a couple in the group... if you arent comfortable transferring so late in the game, talk to her - tell her how disappointed you are in your treatment... maybe she'll 'see the light'... ?

If it is any consolation, you typically have the on call doctor for delivery which is seldom your actual ob doctor. At least it has been that way for me and most people I know who have delivered recently.

heh... SO true... i changed docs about 16 weeks into my pregnancy (just didnt get the 'warm fuzzy feeling' from Dr P)... switched to Dr D and loved her ... absolutely loved her... guess who delivered DS? yup - Dr P who i dropped ... whoopsie...

Fairy, your story about your doc made me sad, I would never put up with that, from anyone. This is supposed to be a happy and memorable experience, and if you don't ask questions because of her general demeanor, I think that you're getting robbed of a good experience.

It is a bit late in your pregnancy, but so what? If a girlfriend of yours told that story to you, how would you feel?

I'm sorry if this sounds preachy, I truly hate to think of any of us lapband preggos having bad docs, no matter what kind!

I've been going to my Gyno for 8 yrs and always knew she would be the one I would continue seeing during pregnancy...I adore her.

Well odds are when I deliver, she won't be the one there. There are 4 docs in rotation, one of which is HER obgyn. I'm just crossing fingers it's not her. I'm not confrontational in the way that, I couldn't transfer to someone else in her group because I'd run into my doc and her nurses and I'd feel even more weird..

But, when I lived in Nashville I had the BEST gyn, I wish so bad she was here.. she was 'jolly', always giggling and telling funny stories and made me feel so comfortable.. and she loved babies, so she gushed about all her patient's babies all the time.

Anywho..

The horse faced doc I hated most at the OBGYN I used left about 2 mos before my girl was born. The doc I hated 2nd most, sure enough, was the one on call the night I delivered, and my 3rd least favorite was the one on call during my stay at the hospital. Karma sucks!

The one who delivered my girl was nice enough to blame me for "pushing too hard" (after she told me to "push as hard as you possibly can - make this the one...") and tearing open, and then being a twit while she sewed me up. Nice...

She did a good job with the baby so I didn't care when all was said and done.

But keep in mind, whomever delivers your baby is typically the one you see at your 6wk post-op. So if the hellion does end up handling your delivery, you may want to specifically request a different Dr when you set up your follow-up.

you know ... what's really weird? i'm not going to have a 6 week checkup ... i saw a doc (my doc was on vacation) at 2 weeks to check my c section incision and to check my PUPPS rash. she said everything looks great and to see my doc at week 3. i did that and she cleared me for everything then and said "what are you using for birth control" and "see you next year" ... no 6 week check up... is that only for vag deliveries maybe???