Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

well, as of this past Friday, i'm on "complete and total" bed rest... my blood pressure has been going up and at my appt on the 31st it was 140/101...

the only things i'm allowed to do:

go to the bathroom

take 1 shower a day

make a simple lunch for myself only (she said sandwich)

that's it...

what cant i do:

no dishes

no cooking

no laundry

no CHILDCARE (:))

it sucks and its boring. i was in the hospital all weekend and it was just boring as all - whatever -....

docs want me to stay preggo for at least 2 1/2-3 more weeks, but if BP cant be controlled, they'll induce me earlier. i did get the steroid shots to strengthen his lungs...

aw nuts, sorry it's not smooth sailing right now babe! i am thinking of you, and just very grateful that you are so far into your pregnancy.

keep us posted.

Well at least you can get plenty of sleep (unless you are too uncomfortable). Some people would love the rest before life gets turned upside down . . . but for me I would have a tough time of it. I am so used to go, go, go I am not sure I would know what to do with myself in that situation. I hope you can curl up with some good movies/books and enjoy your time.

If you do go a little early at 34 weeks, and after taking the shots, he should be good. You have made it well past the biggest danger zones.

I can't believe it is already so close to the finish for you. I remember when you first mentioned your happy news :0).

I know this is your first natural born baby. I just want to say that there is nothing quite so incredible as seeing your baby for the first time. It is quite shocking. Whatever you may think he looks like, it will still be one of the most exquisitely wonderful surprises of your life.

I can't wait to see some Tigger pictures, I hope you will share them when the time comes :0).

Aww sorry to hear that! I had high blood pressure 2! they finally at 37 weeks diagnosed me with preclampsia my pressure was 160/108...they broke my Water and started my patossin (however u spell it lol) i ended up pushin for 2 hrs and finally gave up and had a c-section..good luck make sure they monitor ur pressure it could harm u and the baby...good luck keep us posted.

Well at least you can get plenty of sleep (unless you are too uncomfortable). Some people would love the rest before life gets turned upside down . . . but for me I would have a tough time of it. I am so used to go, go, go I am not sure I would know what to do with myself in that situation. I hope you can curl up with some good movies/books and enjoy your time.

If you do go a little early at 34 weeks, and after taking the shots, he should be good. You have made it well past the biggest danger zones.

I can't believe it is already so close to the finish for you. I remember when you first mentioned your happy news :0).

I know this is your first natural born baby. I just want to say that there is nothing quite so incredible as seeing your baby for the first time. It is quite shocking. Whatever you may think he looks like, it will still be one of the most exquisitely wonderful surprises of your life.

I can't wait to see some Tigger pictures, I hope you will share them when the time comes :0).

the problem is - i am BORED stiff and the nesting has started... my POOR DH!! i have a list a mile long for him to do and it's growing by the hour!!

the really crappy thing is - i'm supposed to be LAYING down on either side for 90-95% of the time ... that's just not really doable .. ya know?? so what i do is sit up for some time (anywhere from 5mins - ???) and i can literally feel it when my BP raises so i lay down and 'rest' some more...

i will share a few pics here, but mostly will be Facebook. there are some really REALLLY weird stalker type people here and **shudder**

i'm hoping to make it to 37 weeks ideally... that would mean about 2 1/2 more weeks... but, like i said - SOOOO much stuff to do ... i mean really ... we still have to buy the diapers (we're using cloth) and they have to ship... if he's really early he'll be in 'spozies for a bit...

LJM, it's strange, I was just thinking about you and then you are posting!

I'm so sorry you're having a rough end to your pregnancy. I'll add you to my prayers if you don't mind.

Sorry you're so bored! UGH! I remember being on strict bedrest after our IVF (ended in failure) and it was soooo hard. I can sympathize with you some!

Hang in there!

(Are there really stalkers on here? UGH! :blink: )

Oh, FYI Heather. Just to let you know, this is LJM's first "biologically" born baby. "Natural" born usually refers to vaginal vs. c-section delivery. :tongue2:

Oh and Heather, how are YOU doing? I'm so excited for both of you!

Edited by heartfire
Again with the AR, forgot quotes and can't leave well enough alone!

"Natural" means different things to different people-- I have come to find out recently. Over the holidays a few relatives asked me about if I planned to do "Natural"--which I understood to mean vaginal vs. c-section. But they meant it as.. minimal medical intervention (no epidural, etc.). Something I learned over the holiday break, now when someone asks if I plan to have natural, I say.. I plan to be doped up, because maybe they don't really care to know if I'm having him via my vagina!

Christina, I emailed you!

I am a Labor and Delivery Nurse. Leave all options open. Everyone is so different. The best outcome is a healthy baby. Who cares how you get there. Vaginal, C/S, drugs or no drugs. You will know what you want when the time is comes. Good Luck.

Hang in there, LJM. I know how much bedrest sucks. I was on full bedrest for um, 12 weeks or so with my second (also for pre-eclampsia). But it works and the longer you can stay pregnant, the better. Two and a half weeks will be over before you know it.

thanks Jamie! (i sent the FB request to you)...

what did you do for such a long time? i think i'd be OK if i could just sit up, but even then, my pressure goes up... so i am literally laying on my side...

not too easy to type sideways... :)

I bet this becomes a non-event once you're holding him in your arms :thumbup:

Kind of like the pre-op diet, really sucked and time drug on when you're on it.. but a year out from surgery it's such a non-event in the scheme of things.

yeah.. well i was in labor & delivery again today ... my BP was high at my office visit (168/70 or 80)...

gahhhhh...

thankfully (???) they released me home ... starting to really think im better off there... i have another appt Friday and if its no better, im considering asking to be admitted... its just really stressful at home with a 5 year old who is as active as DD

Bedrest was awful. My DS was between 15-18 mos at the time. It was very hard for me to stay on complete bedrest. I mostly watched tv, played with my DS lying down, and played around on the computer. I spent a week in the hospital on strict bedrest and I mostly slept and watched tv. I had no visitors because nobody could stand me (I was a complete bitch but I was just freaking out because I had nobody to watch my DS). It sucked and I'm praying so hard that I don't end up in that position this time.

With my DS, my pressure went up around 32 weeks, spent a couple of days in the hospital at 33 weeks then went home. I laid around and rested and was induced at 36 1/2 weeks. It's so much easier when it's your first.