Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone have any experiece with chronic yeast infection?

I have been reading online a lot about this. I have been taking Dyflucan, and it only goes away for a couple of days. There seem to be a bunch of home remedies like taking garlic capsules, and grape fruit extract. I take Probiotics and eat the yogurt with the live bacteria. I am about to lose my mind.

I do everything I am supposed to including going without underwear at home. The over the counter creams and suppositories don't seem to help at all and actually seem to make it hurt worse. I am just wondering if anyone else has had one they can't get rid of?

I have dealt with yeast infection for a long time. I have what they call candida it is an extra build up of yeast in my body. If I do quarterly cleanses and watch my diet it really makes a huge difference. What I have read is that yeast grows on the products with lots of sugars ( cokes,candy,etc) and carbohydrates. The things we love most. If you would like to know what you can do to get it under control. Please feel free to contact me and we can talk.

I sent you a private message. I really need help with this. Please let me know what you have done to help this.

I have problems with yeast on my body, not vaginally. I used nystatin powder, but when I keep my carbs low I can keep the outbreaks in check.

I didn't know you could get yeast anywhere else on the body. What are the symptoms if you have it somewhere other than vaginally. I have intense burning there.

This is just what I know about yeast, I'm not claiming I'm right. We have good bacteria in our body. Yeast infections happen when the good bacteria is killed off like when you take antibiotics. The drugs kill the bad bac. but they also kill the good bac. You can get the good bac. by taking, I think it's called Probiotics like acidobacillus (sp?) Yeast flourish on sugar. Too much sugar can cause yeast problems. You can have yeast problems all over your body not just the nether regions. I was searching on the web awhile back about ridding the body of yeast because my digestion just wasn't right. I know that Atkins program talks about yeast overload in the body. I remember when my sister was having problems the dr told her to make sure her soap had no perfumes. Good Luck, I know your miserable, been there

Yeast can happen in the darker, warmer places of our bodies. My breakouts primarily happen under my stomach, in my belly button & my upper legs. Its a stinky, red raised rash. Sorry, but that is what it is (smells REALLY bad). And when I cut out sugars, coffee and white stuff from my diet I don't have the problems even when I sweat. That's why I know that my diet is crappy right now 'cause I just broke out. Right before a breakout I start to itch all over my abdomen and it feels like butterflys fluttering.

I have to take antibiotics regularly and sometimes get yeast infections as a result. Its miserable. I take probiotics regularly, wear cotton panties, and work on keeping my immune system strong but sometimes I still develop a yeast infection. I've learned that the one day treatments do not work at all of me, also - the treatments in ovule form are too harsh and do not seem to work 100%. I prefer the messier but more effective cream with the 3 day treatment. The antifungal pill helps, but isn't always 100%.. you may wish to try that combined with the 3-day treatment. If it is chronic and doesn't seem to always clear up, this is what my doctor recommended a few years ago. Take the antifungal pill and start the 7-day cream treatment regiment. After you have finished the 7-day treatment, another antifungal pill. This should really "knock it out of your system." In the mean time, drink lots of Fluid and get lots of rest - many say that the dying off yeast can be hard on your system. You might want to check out some of the books in the "Yeast Connection" series to see what they recommend if it continues to be chronic.

Yeah, it's a vicious circle. I take anti biotics for chronic

urinary tract infections. I was on a low dose one for years

because as soon as I went off of them, I would get one back. Now , I have the yeast problem to go right along with it. Life is so fun:cursing:

Have you been checked for diabetes? Chronic yeast problems can be a major problem with diabetes. Good luck!

I work in the medical field, and I know a lot of patients with diabetes and insulin resistance that get chronic yeast infections. Since you are at goal weight, I doubt you have insulin resistance, but diabetes is still a possibility. Have you been checked for it recently? Also, your sexual partner (if you have one) probably needs to be treated as well. Guys can get infections too, but they usually have no symptoms. And they can pass it back to you even after you have been treated. I would advise for him to see his doctor.

Yes, you can get yeast infections anywhere on your body. Women can even get them under their breasts. I'm sure you have all seen babys with thrush in their mouths. That is a yeast infection. Yeast love warm wet places, and the vagina and baby's mouths are perfect places for them to grow.

Also on another note, you might want to check the type of soap you are using. Don't use Ivory soap, it is bad. I recommend Dial. It is what's mostly used in hospitals.

You know, I just went to the gyn to make sure it was yeast I was dealing with. I asked him if my partner needed to be treated and he said no. I thought that was weird because so many people have told me that he does.

How much Water are you drinking? I am currently back UP to 175 pounds after being all the way down to 130. When I was 130 pounds I KEPT a yeast infection – I’m telling you – ALL OF THE TIME. When I was thin (my band was too tight, but I was SOOOO SKINNY) it was almost impossible to drink more than 20 ounces of water a day, and I never ate more than a cup of food a day. I was essentially starving to death, but boy was I hot! Anyway, I could NOT figure out why I couldn’t get rid of my yeast infections. I went from maybe having one a year (tops) to having one at least twice a MONTH when I was really thin. I was doing Diflucan, but it didn’t work so I had special PRESCRIPTION (any other way is DANGEROUS – don’t self-medicate!!!) boric acid suppositories, and I was still miserable. Also, because I had so much acid reflux I drank milk (when I could drink) to help soothe my stomach…. And the little bit I did eat was usually something crunchy and dry (crackers, chips, etc) that would go down slowly. So, milk or milkshakes and carb-heavy food (all sugar, essentially) was all I could eat – but it was such small amounts that the calories didn’t matter. I was tiny (size 4) and really sick… but SO skinny L…. Anyway, I had no clue what was going on with me – but I told my husband I KNEW it had something to do with my band being too tight. I guess I was just too deprived to think it through! Now that I’m FAT AGAIN and can think clearly, it’s obvious it was the lack of water washing out my body. I also went to a doctor and got prescription laxatives because I would go weeks and weeks with no bowel movements. I was totally clueless looking back. We need water SO MUCH… it does so many things for our bodies – every part of them. It keeps everything moving and healthy and flushes out all of the bad stuff. Recently, my band got too tight again (I’m three years out from surgery and this thing is NEVER going to be right, I’ve had about 60 adjustments and I have now officially given up on it ever working right for me, for real)… but I was losing weight again so I was stubborn and let it stay tight for a couple of weeks (as long as I can swallow my spit I will let it be tight, my doctor says he has never seen anyone like me). I was barely drinking water (it hurt my chest) or eating anything and I started experiencing symptoms of a yeast infection. Since I wasn’t starving to death I finally had the good sense to put two and two together – and did a Google search “not enough water yeast infections”… there are hundreds of websites dedicated to it. This is the first time I’ve ever posted on here – I know this is a really long answer but I always want to know every single detail of why someone knows something. Drink a lot more water… I guarantee you’ll notice a difference. As soon as I gave in because I was so sick and had my band loosened up my yeast infections went away… that was 2 years ago. Not ONE SINGLE yeast infection since my band was loosened.

I have dealt with yeast infection for a long time. I have what they call candida it is an extra build up of yeast in my body. If I do quarterly cleanses and watch my diet it really makes a huge difference. What I have read is that yeast grows on the products with lots of sugars ( cokes' date='candy,etc) and carbohydrates. The things we love most. If you would like to know what you can do to get it under control. Please feel free to contact me and we can talk.[/quote']

Me too. I have noticed that since I do eat more yogurt and not as many carbs as I used to, I'm not getting them as frequently. I also take dyflucan when needed.