Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2009 Exercise Challenge

i think that's a wonderful experience for you both whosya!!!

ceradad - hope your mom is on the mend!

today -

made half of the yoga class

45 min treadmill - sprint/jog/walk, mixed it up w/more walking:tongue: than running

Ceradad, I was wondering where you have been. What a great son you are. You could teach my teenage son a thing or two about being a good kid to his mom.

Glad your back!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. TQUAD, I wouldn't be too rough on your son. When I was a teen, I wouldn't haven't been too keen on the idea of hanging around my mom if she had done this then. I'm 38 now and can appreciate the fact she was there for all my injuries/surgeries.

Plus, the fact that I have been through so many injuries, I was able to tell let her know what she was going through for pain and how to deal with it was normal. Seemed to make a difference.

Of course, I'm paying for it now trying to get caught up at work.:rolleyes:

Off to the gym again for some self torture.

Today: I love Friday nights and the weekend!

3.33 miles @4% incline a mix of jogging and power walking for 60 minutes. One day it will be all jogging. I just know it will!:redface:

3 mile run

45 min spin class

Wii sounds so fun i just NEED to talk my wife into it.

Whosya~ My DH was really skeptical about getting the Wii, now I have to kick him off it so the kids and I can use it! He has been doing yoga since we got it at Christmas time and he is now kicking my butt on the poses!

Wii is really fun for the whole family!

Treadmill, 47 mi. 3.36 mi.

Didnt exercise yesterday - had done 4 days in a row and was VERY sore from my sandbag workout (oh, how I love muscle soreness, lol).

Today we allowed ourselves the luxury of a sleep in. Its still boiling here, so indoors again, I'm going to do Cardio Coach 6 on my treadmill.

Tomorrow, my plan is a circuit. The kids go back to school monday (none too soon either), and this coming week is going to be hot, so on top of my normal routine, I thought I'd go to the outdoor pool and do some lap swimming (followed by lazing in the sun getting a tan and reading a book or two) a couple of days.

Cant stand swimming in indoor pools - I always get sick, always and all the hair and bandaids is revolting.

today -

pretty day in dallas (70's) - 2hrs or so horse back riding & walking w/dogs. been a bit since i've been on my horse; might need to sit on a pillow or 2 tonight:tongue:

No exercise today for me - will try the Wii Yoga and step aerobics later tonight.

Did do something good for me today, though. . . . Today I bought a bike!

I am really excited about it. A lady from work has a relative who sells beach cruisers and he gave me an incredible deal on a 3-speed Phat bike.

I was figuring it out today - I haven't been on a bike since my daughter was 2. She's 11 now.

Praying for an early spring!

Today: 60 minutes treadmill 3.4 miles cross between jogging and power walking and 4% to 5% to mix it up a bit.:thumbup:

OMG: I just realized that today is the last day of January. I did 3.4 miles in 60 minutes and on January 1, I did 2.1 miles at 50 minutes. Wow, you really can build up your rate of speed if you just keep at it. Yahoo Team Tquad!!!!

Edited by TQUAD64

Today is my official rest day. So I rested. :thumbup:

greating everyone i want to buy a treadmill never used one before, how or what speed should i start out to get a good work out ??? im 5'4 244 if that helps any, also how long of a work out per week ?