Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2009 Exercise Challenge

Whew. I cant afford a personal trainer, but where there's a will there's a way hey?

i admire you jacqui pushing yourself like that - unfortunately i need my trainer to do that to me ..... our gym's prices are going up and it's becoming a budget buster.

our trainer is opening up a sports rehab clinic in april - and DH and i decided to finish out our purchased sessions then pay him directly (vs gym) to train us at the house. it will be half the cost & i really can't give him up just yet:tongue:

got clearance to workout - nothing more than 10lbs for a month.

today - wii yoga...snow/ice out, will try to get to gym w/hubby later in the day for cardio

Today: No work-outs.

The dentist says my root canal has a bad infection, so I am now on a high dose of a different antibiotic. Let's hope it works.

47 min. on treadmill. Ran 28 and then later 7 and got the whole 5k in.

Today- 5 miles on treadmill (ran the first 4 miles, then walked/ran the last mile)

DH and I are going to play tennis later tonight too.

GOOOOOO GEorgia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Shes my team Buddy in a Challenge we are doing)

Your rocking it.

GOOOOOO GEorgia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Shes my team Buddy in a Challenge we are doing)

Your rocking it.

Thank you! I get my inspiration from you and others on this thread. We are gonna kick butt on this challenge!!

Today: No work-outs.

The dentist says my root canal has a bad infection, so I am now on a high dose of a different antibiotic. Let's hope it works.

tquad - i sure hope you can get that infection healed!!! & soon!

go GG!!!

today -

1hr on treadmill; jogged 20mins, walked 10 - then did interval sprints at 7mph at minute clips - walk a minute.

sweat all the bad out!!!:)

tquad - i sure hope you can get that infection healed!!! & soon!

go GG!!!

today -

1hr on treadmill; jogged 20mins, walked 10 - then did interval sprints at 7mph at minute clips - walk a minute.

sweat all the bad out!!!:thumbup:

Thanks Lulu, it is on the meand those new antibiotics are kicking butt on the infection.

Way to go GG!!!:)

Today: Night off. Taking vicodin for the root-canal infection. But it does actually feel better and it appears to be less swollen.

I am so back on the treadmill tomorrow. Thank goodness the weekend is almost here!:thumbup:

47 min. on stationary bike. It said some enormous miles but the levels were off. I was way higher than I normally go and it claimed my heart rate never went over 112. So something was messed up.

Been off the board for a week now. My mom broke her leg down in IA and I went down from Saturday until Wed to help her out as she has never broken a bone in her body and I have.:rolleyes:

So, to update:

Friday: Hit the chiropractor before I found out about my mom. Not able to work out.

Saturday and Sunday: In IA helping out mom. Forgot running shoes so had to buy some new ones on Sunday.

Monday: Hit the Golds Gym in W. Des Moines in the am for upper body and cardio. Ran 2 miles/18:17 minutes after the workout and 35 minutes on elliptical. Went back in the pm to do another 2 miles/20 minutes and 35 minutes on elliptical.

Tuesday: Went in the pm for leg workout and cardio. 2.5 mile/25 minute run followed by 35 minutes on elliptical.

Wed: nothing, drove back home.

Thurs: am-legs really sore due to not lifting w/legs for about 2 wks. Managed 35 minutes on ellilptical and 1.25 mile/12 minute run on treadmill. Then, SWAT training during the day, no lifting.

Today: 4.25 mile/41:30 minute run followed by 15 minutes on elliptical. Into the gym tonight for upper body.

Way to go Cera!! Hope you Mom gets better

Last night 7.2 mile run

20 mins swimming.

Plus im training my 9 year old daughter for her first Triathlon

Today-

Treadmill- 3 miles (run/walk intervals)

StairMaster- 10 minutes

45 minutes strength training- arms and legs (will do some ab stuff later)

Ceradad- Hope your mom heals soon.

Whosya- It's AWESOME that your daughter is interested in fitness at her young age! You must be so proud!

Luluc- Looks like you are doing great. I'm glad you are cleared to workout.

TQUAD- Hope you feel better soon.

Haven't updated in a few days, so here I go.

Tuesday - Wii Fit step aerobics - 30 min. (not a great workout, but hey, I moved)

Wednesday - 30 min treadmill, 15 min upper body strength, 15 min elliptical

Thursday - 15 min treadmill, 15 min lower body strength, 30 min elliptical

Today - I am taking off this afternoon and going to the gym and staying for a while. I need to push myself, and make up for the fact that I won't be going tomorrow since my daughter has both a dress rehearsal and dance performance.

Woo hoo - made it through January! Appt next week for a potential fill and to see how I officially did. Hoping for a small break from the plateau.