Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2009 Exercise Challenge

I know that reading other posts should inspire me, but sadly it seems to have the reverse effect. I read a Ceredad or Jachut post and (figuratively) just throw up my hands and say 'WTH, why bother, you gotta go full out like those two to make a difference, and you KNOW that's just not YOU". Pity party for one right here.

My activities pale (are almost opague) by comparison...yesterday was fill day so the only exercise was walking briskly the 35 min from the train station to the clinic.

Today - shoulder workout with weights, and then 30 min on the treadmill. Compared to Tuesdays time, I shaved 2 minutes off the time for the same distance.

You've got to start somewhere sweetie. Its taken me 3 years of dedicated work to be able to work like i do now. When I first started running it was 3km - 2 miles or so - and it took a good half an hour at least. I was staggering by the end of it. I didnt do any weight training because running/shuffling took all my energy. Building real fitness takes a long long time and any step towards that is a positive one that you should be applauded for. Plus it hardly sounds like you're doiing nothing!

It wasnt "me" either, you know. The enthusiasm and desire to really push myself came later, when pushing didnt make me puke or leave me injured exhausted for a week. I can only do running intervals effectively now with three years of running behind me as a base, and with the strenght in my legs and core to make it safe, otherwise, I'd do a hamstring in the first five minutes.

And lets not forget, I'm normal weight now. This intensity is possible because I'm not carrying extra weight. All you need to do is push YOUR boundaries and challenge YOURSELF.

I think I've crossed the line though. I can now be called an obsessive insane exercise lunatic, due to my made up playground circuit this morning, lol. To think I would ever do such things in public, wearing shorts no less :biggrin:

I was debating whether to go for a run this a.m. I am usually happy to leave Eliza (5) in the care of her older brothers (11 and 13) for 40 minutes. However she was asleep and Fraser (13) has gone off to play golf with his grandad. Ewan was still snoring, so I sort of was unsure. Anyway she woke while I was dithering. So she got her shoes on and her bike out and we jogged down to the playground, where I proceeded to do my circuit using the playground equipment PLUS I could add a few of my dream ambition exercises (dips and pullups) which involved a lot more leg assistance than they should, lol. My upper body is weak. For the jogging intervals, there's a 400 metre path around the perimeter of the reserve. For the things I usually use my stability ball for - hamstring curls and stomach pikes, I used a swing, which was quite a difficult variation. I took a towel to lie on. And today I did ten proper pushups :thumbup:, not girlie bent knee ones. I also added the spider, where you go between a full plank and elbow plank, what a killer. I had the quivers by the end this outdoor circuit really UPPED the intensity. It was a gorgeous morning too.

Eliza had a ball too!

Edited by Jachut

Today: Treadmil @ 4% incline 2.86 miles 55 minutes. :biggrin:

My gums are still swollen even with the pain meds and antibiotics. If I am not better over the weekend, I will have to go see the dentist again on Monday.

47 min on stationary bike, 10.13 miles.

Thursday - 30 min treadmill (starting to up the amt spent jogging), 20 min upper body strength, 15 min elliptical

They had a "Business After Hours Open House" at the gym yesterday. It was crazy - groups of visitors all over the place. I almost felt on display - come visit the gym and watch people sweat! How exciting.

Today is supposed to be an off day, but I'm sure the dogs will get a walk this evening if it stops snowing - or at least slows down a bit.

Have a great day!

Yahoo it's Friday!!!

Today: 55 minutes power walk mixed with jogging for 3-miles @ a 4% incline.:scared2:

47 min. treadmill. Walk 5, ran 25, walk 5, run 8, walk 4.

Sat - 15 min treadmill, 20 min lower body strength, 30 min elliptical.

Tonight I brave eating out and a movie with my brother & sister-in-law. May end up doing a double shift at the gym tomorrow if I'm not careful!

Today: Treadmill at 4% incline jogging and power walking 3.1 miles.

Bike, 12.5 miles in the wind and rain. Because bikers are NUTS! :confused:

Today: Treadmill 4% incline jogging and power walking for 60 minutes 3.1 miles.