Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2009 Exercise Challenge

Back @ it again on the treadmill. Added 20 minute/2 mile run with 5 minute cooldown.

Did the same thing as Mondays second run. Before the run, I dropped and did 25 pushups. Then, paused the machine every 1/2 mile to do pushups. After half mile, did another 25. Every half mile after that was 20 pushups including at the end.

i'm jealous.

was at the gym today, and saw everyone pushing hard... i just walked REAL SLOW for 40mins. my dr doesn't even want that much, as on top of the hernia it was discovered i had a small infection by the port site. so i'm just creeping along hoping not to get out of the swing of being in the gym.

i can easily be distracted:blushing:

Today: My mind is saying jump on that treadmill and go girl. But the rootcanal I had done on Monday is kicking my butt. My gums are swollen and I am taking vicodine for pain. But I cannot take the pain meds, while at work. So by the time I get home, it really flipping hurts.

Lulu, sorry about the port area and your hernia.:thumbup: I hope you get well soon.

Wednesday - 30 minute walk with the dogs. Any attempt to jog with them was met with an extreme lack of coordination. One likes to run out front, one likes to lag behind, and then there's me stuck in the middle. No jogging with the dogs, apparently.

I did supplement with 30 min of Wii Fit yoga and aerobics. I know it's not much of a workout compared to the gym, but at least I moved!

TQUAD64 - hope your root canal gets to feeling better soon. Take care of yourself.

Yesterday: 30min run, 10min walk

Today: 30min Wii Yoga

45 min. on treadmill. Ran 35 of it and got in 3.1 mi. (Yeah, I'm slow. So sue me. :thumbup: )

i'm jealous.

was at the gym today, and saw everyone pushing hard... i just walked REAL SLOW for 40mins. my dr doesn't even want that much, as on top of the hernia it was discovered i had a small infection by the port site. so i'm just creeping along hoping not to get out of the swing of being in the gym.

i can easily be distracted:blushing:

You gotta take it slow and easy or you will make yourself worse. Make it worse and you definately will be backsliding.:thumbup:

Today a.m.-ran on treadmill for 16.5 minute/1.65 miles alternating incline btwn .5 and 2%. Followed with cooldown and then on to the elliptical for 35 minutes.

Tonight will be upper body. Thinking of switching it up and doing supersets for awhile.

I know that reading other posts should inspire me, but sadly it seems to have the reverse effect. I read a Ceredad or Jachut post and (figuratively) just throw up my hands and say 'WTH, why bother, you gotta go full out like those two to make a difference, and you KNOW that's just not YOU". Pity party for one right here.

My activities pale (are almost opague) by comparison...yesterday was fill day so the only exercise was walking briskly the 35 min from the train station to the clinic.

Today - shoulder workout with weights, and then 30 min on the treadmill. Compared to Tuesdays time, I shaved 2 minutes off the time for the same distance.

I know that reading other posts should inspire me, but sadly it seems to have the reverse effect. I read a Ceredad or Jachut post and (figuratively) just throw up my hands and say 'WTH, why bother, you gotta go full out like those two to make a difference, and you KNOW that's just not YOU". Pity party for one right here.

My activities pale (are almost opague) by comparison...yesterday was fill day so the only exercise was walking briskly the 35 min from the train station to the clinic.

Today - shoulder workout with weights, and then 30 min on the treadmill. Compared to Tuesdays time, I shaved 2 minutes off the time for the same distance.

Tap-never, EVER, compare yourself to someone else. Use them for inspiration, yes. But don't compare to them. You have to remember, I am a police officer on a SWAT team. My job demands I be in better shape than most. Plus, I am looking at a change in my life (can't go into it right now) that I am using as my inspiration.

Just keep at it. You'll get there.:thumbup:

You gotta take it slow and easy or you will make yourself worse. Make it worse and you definately will be backsliding.:thumbup:

i know - doing nothing today.

tquad - hope your tooth/mouth is feeling better. nothing worse than tooth pain IMO.

taps - my only competition is myself.....well and beating ceradad's body fat %:laugh: i have personal fitness goals (more so than weight) as the big 40 approaches.:smile:

But we all have to start out somewhere and build up to the point that works best for us. I never compare myself with others. I always try to out do my last personal best. Not Ceradad or Lulu's personal best.

i know - doing nothing today.

tquad - hope your tooth/mouth is feeling better. nothing worse than tooth pain IMO.

taps - my only competition is myself.....well and beating ceradad's body fat %:thumbup: i have personal fitness goals (more so than weight) as the big 40 approaches.:laugh:

Lulu at this point, I just want them to pull the damn tooth out. My gums are still swollen. :-( I am going to try to get on the treadmill tonight when I get off work. Just have to see what happens.