Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2009 Exercise Challenge

Yesterday, upper body workout followed up with 65 minutes on elliptical. No running yesterday as my legs were KILLING me from leg workout on Tuesday.

A.M. today, 24 minute/2.5 mile run-put me over my weekly goal (WOOOT). Then, 15 minutes on elliptical. Tonight will be leg workout and more cardio.

Guest Leslie2Lose

nothing this morning - took the kiddos to school. I've done something funky to my ankle (not twisted just a bit sore) - I'm going to hit the gym when I get off though - maybe the rower? or swimming?

Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread. Can we do any kind of excercise?? I really need something to motivate me! Thanks!

Guest Leslie2Lose

yes Heidi - anything is fine. We just try to stay motivated and moving...welcome!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread. Can we do any kind of excercise?? I really need something to motivate me! Thanks!

Yes, any kind of exercise works. We motivate each other, so come join us. :confused:

Can I ask what is the purpose of a sauna? I sweat enough doing cardio to go sit in heat not to mention I live in a sauna 8 mos a year in Houston.

Wednesday: OFF

Thursday: 80 min. Legs/Calfs/Shoulders

30 min. StairClimber (torture chamber) I can go longer on any other machine but this one is a killer. Says I burned 230 cal in 30 min. so I had some cheetos when I got home.

Can I ask what is the purpose of a sauna? I sweat enough doing cardio to go sit in heat not to mention I live in a sauna 8 mos a year in Houston.

it's really good for your skin....:confused:

today - mental health day ... nothing

might just be walking for a bit ; lb dr wants no weight lifting till my hernia repair (next wk) is healed.

and here i was "this" close to jillian's (BL) arms..HA (my dreams)

Can I ask what is the purpose of a sauna?

A sauna can help take the aches out of your muscles after a workout. It can detox you and it can help relax you. I miss being in the sauna.

Yesterday I completed a Richard Simmons workout video - 40 minutes of Sweating to the Oldies. aa976d805bf9ccb6707244492ba59e64.gif

I am thinking about joining a gym. Do you all belong to a gym or do you exercise at home?

I am thinking about joining a gym. Do you all belong to a gym or do you exercise at home?

both.

i belong to 24hr fitness & use wii fit at home.

I work out at home. It is just easy with my work/commute/family schedule.

Yesterday - 15 min treadmill, 20 min upper body strength, 20 min elliptical.

Today - no time for the gym until Saturday, but I'm going to try to walk my dogs in the cruddy weather after my niece's b-day party.

Today-

3.38 mile run (no walking today...YAY!)

30 minutes Zumba

Hey Georgia Girl. I was an advid jogger as a teenager and twentysomething young woman, but because of my weight gain I stopped. I so want to jog again, but I am afraid because I am 5'6" and 220 pounds.

I don't want to stress my joints by jogging/running with this excess weight. However, I know that I can lose the weight quicker if I jog/run rather than walk.

Are you running on a treadmill or outdoors. I so want to run/jo outdoors, but I was thinking I would have to loose more weight first.:confused: