Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded on January 13th?

I hope everon's doing well with their weigtht loss. I have to wait until June 11th to get my second fill under x-ray. The weight loss has slowed right down. I am frustrated.

Hello everyone,

I am doing good, gong for my 4th fill on Wednesday. I am eating about 1200 -1500 calories a day and making sure I eat lots of Protein. I still am loosing a lot of inches the weight is coming off slow. Today I had a Dr's appointment because I am sick for the first time in a long time, anyway she asked me how things were going since my lapband and I told her I workout 3 days a week ect.. and she told me I should start working out 5 days a week. To help tone my muscles. Going to the gym more often would not hurt but that is alot to me. Anyone else's opinion would be greatly appreacited.

I also work out (well swimming) 3 days a week, about 45 min. laps plus 45 min of aqua therapy. My weight loss definitely has slowed, but I was surprised Sunday that my pants were almost falling down...so I guess the inches are changing even if the # on the scale doesn't. I coach softball, so I will add 2 more days of "something" though I wouldn't call it exercise since I won't be running around, more standing/walking, though I figure it's something. I agree that 5 days feels like a lot.

Maybe adding parking further away (I started that in February) from work so the return to the car is longer? That added 10 min to my daily walk.

Hey ladies, I thought I'd post an update ow that I have an update!

You may remember that I went in formy 2nd fil May 2nd, but they couldn't do it. I had to wait until yesterday (June11th) to get in for a fill with an x-ray. It was easy with the x-ray, and they found out the problem. Everytime the needle touches my port, it starts moving. With the x-ray they were able to guide the needle better. I now have 6. ccs of Fluid in my band, up from 5 ccs. He tried putting in 8, but I felt my throat close upeven whn I was laying on the table. 7cc. and Water could npt go down. 6.5 did the trick. The good news is that I did not gain any weight while i waited for this fill and since yesterday I am down another poud and a half.

I am stil in limbo land regarding my job and my son is still dealing with his school issues. Please check back in, everyone, and let us know how you're doing.

Glad to hear your problem is solved with the band adamsmom.

I just had my 5th fill June 17th. So now I am 3 1/2 cc in a 10 cc band. I MUST learn to Chew....Chew.....Chew. I am getting things stuck now and it hurts for about a min till it goes down. I am eating much less than I was prior to this fill and I don't get as hungry in between my meals now. It sure is getting better. I am down to 217 now and still going to the gym 3x a week. This is hard work even with the help of the band. But I really love my band, I look and feel so much better. I am looking forward to getting down between 130 & 140 I am very excited.

I also noticed if I don't eat when I am hungry and wait it out for another hour or so, I get very bad hunger pains in my stomach. Does anyone have that problem?

Hello everyone,

How are we all doing? What happened to everyone? I am down 43 lbs now and I have a good restriction. The Dr does not want not want to fill me anymore and he said I a doing good with the weight loss. So I have 4cc in my band. I am down to 213 lbs as of this morning...YAY!!! coming off slowly. I have 73lbs to go to my goal.

I would like to hear for everyone else and see where you are at. Thanks!!

well done, Cher Bear! I am about 5 pounds behind you and will get another fill August 25th. Good news, ladies: I got a new job: Principal of an elementary school--:thumbup:about 700 kids. I went through a tough application and interview process last week, and started yesterday. Wish me luck!

:cool2: I am very happy for you and Congrats!!! How much did you loose so far adamsmom? This is good news all the way around for you.

hey, how is everyone??? I am down about 40 pounds. My fills are still a pain (need them done with fluroscope in the hospital) and my doctor stood me up at my last fill last week--just didn't show up! Then the office staff jerked me around and told me to come in anyway--drove across the county to get to the hospital to be told there really wasn't anypone to do my fill. ANd I took a sick day from work to go there. Yes, I'm pissed!!! So you new bandsters who live in the Sacramento CA area-DOn't go to octor Waldrep. The aftercare sucks and they don't respect your time!