Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ - Looking Fine in 2009 Exercise Thread

I exercised 6 times last week 2 times on the DDR and 4 times on wii fit. My goal is at least 5 times this week!

minxz, good job!!! I was just looking at the DDR and wondering if I'd like that. Looks cool...I mean I like to dance...but I wonder how hard it is to keep up with, I'm an older gal! LOL!

The DDR was fun but I was having trouble with it. The commentary started to sound a little frustrated with me. It is a great aerobic workout though. Especially since they added hand movements.

Man TOM is around and is totally killing my exercise. I feel so yucky and crampy! I'll get back to it though hopefully by the end of the week. I did do some walking at work today.....and took the stairs a few times to get some movement in :)

I've been sticking with it. I am a bit stiff since I jumped into exercise again but feeling a little more upbeat!

Great job Minxz! I did 25 min on my dreadmill yesterday. Today I did alot of walking but, I didn't measure the distance or time...still I'm happy with that :wink:

man I fell off the exercise wagon. Been in a funk and to boot slipped and fell really hard on the ice in my driveway..bruised my hip, knee and threw my neck out of wack. I'll get back to it as soon as I can though. Keep moving girls!

I really need to get my "rear in gear". Literally! How sad that I laid down my initial challenge in the beginning of the month and have been almost silent ever since. Just a blah month, bad weather, busy schedule...hmmm, what else can I come with as an excuse...

I'm really going to try this weekend.

hey Trish...umm if ya noticed you're not the only one ignoring the exercise and I started the dang thread! I've put the 5 pounds I lost after surgery back on. Man stress kills me and I need a fill!!!!

Sherry

Are you still there. An exercise threat 2009 is just what I neeed. I have to force myself to get on my treadmill. But I'm glad to report I went on it yesterday and today. But help I need support to continue

Bandana, I'm still here! I haven't been exercising but, I've already told myself starting Monday I'm back to it regardless of what's going on in my life. Things have been stressful to say the least and I took the easy road and became lazy. UGH. Old habits. I'm going to be posting again next week...that I PROMISE and when I make a promise I keep it!

In the meantime...keep up the good work! You can do it!

Hi everyone!! This is my first post. I have been trying to find out how to work this website!! :crying:

Anyway, I was banded on 4/8/08 and I am down about 60 lbs (I get weighed this coming Wed). I definitely think I should be further along and really need to get myself motivated to exercise. I had foot surgery in December so I have been sitting/laying around for 2 months and it is time to get started.

Does the Ab Lounger count? I can do that since I don't have to be up on my feet. I promise to get on it tomorrow.

Thanks for this thread!! It's just what I needed.

Hi Cas...welcome. As you get to work your way around the website you'll see in this particular thread we haven't posted in a while...so you're not the only one struggling with the exercise lol. We'll get there though. I just went to my doc yesterday after my revision surgery in Dec so I have my first fill in place, liquids for the next 3 days and then onto the mushie stage for me...and exercising again.

60 pounds is actually really great! Don't get upset with yourself or compare your loss with others. Like your signature lines says this journey is like a roller coaster but, worth it. I say that still even with my revision.

I think any form of exercise is better than none so if you did the abdominizer...you did exercise and as you can do more, do more :biggrin: Good luck!

Hey Sherry & Trish!!!!! Guess what! I EXERCISED!!!! LOL!!! Seriously though, I tried to get started with you gals, then I fell off the wagon (exercise wagon----tee hee)...and so far I've been doing the wii fit (at least 30 min mostly alternating yoga & strength training). Then the other day I started trying to walk the neighborhood a bit, the day after that (yesterday) I did a mile and a 16th (yeah, I count the 1/16th!!!! ha ha ha). I hafta do something! I have a carribean vacation end of March and my son's wedding mid-May....and right now I'm just a hunk of fatty dimples :thumbup: yeah, I know, TMI!!! lol!!!

Hey Congrats Diane keep it up! You need to rub off of on me now lol. I'm already planning my time...gotta heal up from this fill now and off I go :thumbup: