Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ - Looking Fine in 2009 Exercise Thread

When I first heard it I was like...Gee nothing like encouragement lol. Why doesn't it just say GET OFF ME YOU COW! hahaha Damn toy lol. It is fun and does keep you going through so I suppose I can just mute it when it comes to that part lol

You guys are doing such a great job! I'm pretty good about walking 25 minutes each morning, and another 10-15 with my kids at recess. The biggest problem is when the weather is bad. This morning it is pouring, so I didn't walk. I need suggestions for working out inside. I do not have any equipment or a wii, but I am very open to other suggestions. I seem to have more energy when I get my exercise in each morning.

Keep up the good work. :tongue2:

Donna

I am doing so-so. I have a horrible sinus/ear infection. So I am going in shorter spurts. I must have got on the elliptical 7 times yesterday, but whenever I get my heart rate up it pounds in my ear! So I would quit, rest and then do some more. Our snow finally stopped, so hopefully by weeks end I will be able to be out and walking more. My treadmill is in the garage....which is normally fine, it is raised so putting it in the house it is always hotter the higher up you go in the room so we seldom used it. IN the garage, it is cool so I can work up my own heat, and watch TV....whatever, but it was cold and I was already chilled, so just bugged out on the treadmill yesterday.

I am being really good about getting my Water in, and I am being more concious of getting up and moving. Or doing simple things like leg lifts while I veg in front of the TV. Trying to keep my head in the game, while my body ditches this bug.

Will likely do the same today. I got on the elliptical earlier, and will be back in there for a few more minutes at a time throughout the day.

I brought my free weights back in the house. I use dumbells and this thing Rick made me for exercising my arms--which are really bad! It is also really good for carpal tunnel issues my orthopedic Dr. said, so it is something I am going to do too. Will vow to use them today too.

Kat

I did my Wii 30 minutes yesterday as promised. Today I need to take the night off...my head is pounding from staring at a computer all day today and very tiny tiny spreadsheet and unfortunately I need to balance my checkbook and pay bills. AS IF the headache wasn't bad enough...trying to pay bills isn't going to help. So tomorrow Wednesday, if I don't have a headache (these tend to work into Migraines :thumbup: ) I'll do 30 minutes of exercise again tomorrow.

Doesn't it just crack you up when you step on the Wii board and it say OHHH and then you weigh yourself on it and it's "That's obese". Umm ya thanks there Wii board you're lucky I don't choke ya hahaha

Gosh, this makes me crazy too! Does it really have to say OHHH every time I start a different activity and step on the board? I still remember the first time I set up my Mii and the character grew fat!!! :thumbup:

You guys are doing such a great job! I'm pretty good about walking 25 minutes each morning, and another 10-15 with my kids at recess. The biggest problem is when the weather is bad. This morning it is pouring, so I didn't walk. I need suggestions for working out inside. I do not have any equipment or a wii, but I am very open to other suggestions. I seem to have more energy when I get my exercise in each morning.

Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Donna

hi Donna! By chance, are you a Comcast customer? A friend just told me about how exercise videos are free in the "on demand" section. I checked it out this weekend and tried it out. If you don't have this company, maybe your cable has something similar?

I have been working out using the wii Dance Dance. 30 minutes a day. I want to do that at least 4 times a week. I plan on getting the wii fit later this week. I want to work up to 45 minutes on one or the other and excercise 5 days a week.

Today I am going to be very tied up---but vow to take the stairs up and down at the hospital as I go to see my new grandson.

Has been a very unhappy, while still being happy experience with this baby. They were to induce her labor this morning, and call us when she got settled. They did this with my other DD as well. It was about 10 or 11 by the time they got all the monitors set, and blood draws, and urine and all the crap done. So we waited, and finally called---only to be told by the SIL from hell that the baby was already born, he was found to be in distress and they took him C section. He would give us no info saying that was for he and Abbey to share as a couple with people she was his wife now, not JUST our daughter! And he hung up~! Just a few minutes ago, our (technically Ricks DD, my step DD---but love her and claim her as mine, have for many,many years) DD called Rick, and told him the baby was 8 lbs. 12 oz., 21 .5" long, and was saying what time when a nurse come in and she said she would have to call him back, and we have heard nothing. Right now my DH is sooooo mad at the son in law he thinks it is safer if he gives himself some cool off time before going up.

I used to think maybe he would grow on us----now I know better. What an ass!

Anyway----today I will take the stairs-and delivery is on the 5th floor! Not sure I will have much time otherwise, so this is gonna be all I say I will do. At least I am doing my best to avoid the chocolate.< /strong>

We got disturbing news concerning my Kinsey granddaughter yesterday too--they found a pronounced heart murmur so we are waiting to schedule an appt, with a pediatric cardiologist.

Send me lots of prayers and good wishes for my grandbabies, and for patience for my DH and myself.

Hugs~~

Kat

Did my 5 flights up, was panting~~then did 5 back down, and my knee was hurting by the bottom!

Grandson is adorable. We ignored SOL completely. New grandson was born at 8:20 this morning, 8 lbs. 12 oz. 21.5" long, and is named Corvin Brock. He has light brown hair and kind of hazel eyes, already has a double chin! And his certificates, where they have room for foot prints, his toes go above the top of the box, and his heel extends below it as well! BIG feet!! Hard to say who he looks like at this point, SOL kept saying he looks like my baby pics, we ignored him!

But we are not in jail!

Will face tomorrows exercise tomorrow, but will do something....I promise!

Kat

Did my wii fit for half an hour yesterday :thumbs_up:

Did my 5 flights up, was panting~~then did 5 back down, and my knee was hurting by the bottom!

Grandson is adorable. We ignored SOL completely. New grandson was born at 8:20 this morning, 8 lbs. 12 oz. 21.5" long, and is named Corvin Brock. He has light brown hair and kind of hazel eyes, already has a double chin! And his certificates, where they have room for foot prints, his toes go above the top of the box, and his heel extends below it as well! BIG feet!! Hard to say who he looks like at this point, SOL kept saying he looks like my baby pics, we ignored him!

But we are not in jail!

Will face tomorrows exercise tomorrow, but will do something....I promise!

Kat

Congratulations Kat!!! (on the new grandson! LOL!)

Okay, congrats, on making it up and down that stairs too and promising that you'll do even more!

Oh, one more thing, tremendous restraint with the SIL that you are showing. Deep breaths and ignore...that's the best approach!

Edited by Trishadish

Thanks, I will check it out. I have Direct TV, but they do have an on demand feature. I'm doing decently well with my exercise, aeroblically speaking. I now need something for rainy days and some strength training. Thanks for the tip. :cool:

Donna

Did my wii fit for half an hour yesterday :thumbup:

Good job! I just purchased the Wii "My Fitness Coach" (it was on sale last week for $19.95!) and you don't need the balance board. I'm going to check it out today. I'll let everyone know how it goes!